fbpx

Darrien Kicked Cancer's Rear!!!!!!!!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Darrien Kicked Cancer's Rear!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Today the kids and I are all home by ourselves…so what are we doing? playing Pokemon lol…we are having a blast and enjoying just being together…

Found this and thought it would give you a little laugh!

photo mouse-funny-animal-humor-20209917-725-483_zpsed0f4d6c.jpg

lurvs ya girlie! Hang in there!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Grayfire_artz
      Participant

How is darien doing?

Riversgrace
        Participant

That is hilarious TDM!!!

Fire… He is doing really well! Still limping a tad, but for the most part pain free! He got caught up on all his work at school and he only got -1!!!! I was very proud of him for working so hard on his studies! He really tired and it showed. He’s glad to e around his friends at school so that has his spirits way up there. πŸ™‚

Kathleen
          Participant

Wonderful:-D

Riversgrace
            Participant

JellyFish! Darrien has drawn an amazing picture for Fox! It is on its way!!! πŸ™‚

Lesley
              Participant

I’m glad he’s doing so well πŸ™‚ Crossing my fingers and all my rabbits ears for luck that chemo won’t ever be needed, and he has beat this thing for good πŸ™‚

Riversgrace
                Participant

Today has been a rollercoaster!!!!!! Of the worst kind! So about 9AM I get a call from my recruiter who is putting me into the reserves. Now I had intended to go in anyway, but with the need for insurance, I really got on the ball and jumped through all of the hoops they require. However, since I had breast surgery in December needed to submit paperwork to the Navy to see if I would be fit for full duty, even though my plastic surgeon had already cleared me.

They came back with a response today that they will not give me a physical to get in until MAY!!!!! So that means no insurance for March, April, and May… So I called my insurance company to see if they had extended benefits I could pay for but have him still covered…Yes, but it is going to cost 2,555.00!!! Which I sure dont have after all we have already paid for since we aren’t near a military base…

So I break down and call my Grandma, who has had a silver spoon in her mouth since the 50s because her husband was vice president of Coke, but will make you feel like a homeless girl sitting outside Walmart with a cardboard sign if you ask for anything. My Mom has warned me about this since I was little. I HAVE NEVER ASKED HER FOR A DIME until today… She is going to send me 2,000…but wow do I feel about two inches tall for having asked….I got a lecture a mile long….

SO I swallowed my pride, and asked my family for help. And if it costs me some pride to get him taken care of so be it…at least he will be safe

Awww Huggs to you!!! I can imagine how difficult it is to get the lecture treatment from family who are supposed to support and help eachother. Swallowing our pride is sometimes a necessity as all of us moms know. It is the hardest thing in the world to do but we can and we will for our children. We are all here for you and support you and Darrien. Tell Darrien to watch the mail. I hear there may be a Canadian “Friend” coming to see him soon. *Wink*

Riversgrace
                  Participant

Since you brought that up Branzyboo…I feel safe in saying something…

I can’t tell you how much all the gifts he has gotten so far have meant to both him and I. His WHOLE face lights up when I come in with a package for him! And it truly warms my heart to know he has people loving and caring about him all over the world!

To everyone who has sent something, if we have gotten it, you have gotten a private message. I worry about packages getting lost or something, and then the sender may think we got it, and are ungreatful….this would never be the case. He has LOVED evertyhing he has gotten, and I am at a loss for words to tell you all how special the packages have made him feel. And since he was born I have had a memory box for him, each card or note he has recieved he has made sure I put them in his box πŸ™‚

The only reason I haven’t said something public is I did not want anyone to think bad about who sent what, or not being able to…or just anything, I never want to hurt anyone’s feelings…ever…

Kathleen
                    Participant

Fox will be so excited πŸ˜€ he loves getting mail. πŸ™‚
                      Keep hanging in there. We are all thinking of you guys. πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
                      Participant

This ‘lil guy wanted to make a new friend…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Lesley
                        Participant

Ha! A Pikafoop!

Kathleen
                          Participant

:O oh my goodness THAT is adorable!

Riversgrace
                            Participant

He has loved both the foops he got! One was from Dragonmedley, the other (called Island) was from DragonLove πŸ™‚ and he has a new pen pal! Fox who is Jellyfish’s son! They sent him books and a teeny Jellyfish that he sleeps with every night now. He also got a wonderful story of strength with an awesome coloring book! He has felt so blessed and lucky and he talks about his presents all the time. He and I are truly thankful for the kindness everyone has shown him. Hugs to all of you!!!!

dragonmedley
                              Participant

Ha! A Pikafoop!

Bwahahahahaha! I love that name!

I’m really glad all of this is cheering both of you up, Riversgrace. It’s all we can do, really, from this far away… hugs!!!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.