fbpx

Darrien Kicked Cancer's Rear!!!!!!!!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Darrien Kicked Cancer's Rear!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Scathach
    Participant

Good thoughts and hope that all goes well today.

Life is beautiful.

Riversgrace
      Participant

Today’s surgery went well. He is at home and resting. We had a lot of family with us, and tons of friends supporting him around the world…Thank you all so much for every kind word, it has been truly priceless…

Kiya
        Participant

Today’s surgery went well. He is at home and resting. We had a lot of family with us, and tons of friends supporting him around the world…Thank you all so much for every kind word, it has been truly priceless…

I’m so glad things went well today! I hope he doesn’t need any follow up chemo. *crosses fingers and says a prayer*

I’m so glad things went well!

Melody
          Keymaster

Oh, I am so relieved and happy for you all!!

kila26
            Participant

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. I am so sorry your son has to go through this. It is so sad to hear of anyone who has to deal with cancer but especially when they are so young. I am so happy he has you and your wonderful family and friends to be there for him. I know first hand how important that is. I highly recommend the book Cancer-Free by Bill Henderson. I personally use some of the recommendations in this book to hopefully stay cancer-free. Glad to hear his surgery went well!

YEAH soooo very glad that the surgery went well and he is recovering at home now!! I hope that he has an overall speedy recovery time and that the prognosis is a very favorable one. Huggs to you and to him from Canada! ๐Ÿ™‚

Riversgrace
              Participant

It will be a month before we know if he has to have chemo. The CT scan is set for next month. I am still really hoping since we caught it so early that it didn’t spread! I am so exhausted and emotional drained… Really had to fight back tears a lot today! Once when he was just starting to I under he started this worried scared little boy voice that I have never heard, he kept saying our little thing we say over and over ‘Mommy, I love you, love you more, love you most’ I know it was just the meds making him scared, but man trying to hold back years listening to that really has me drained…. Time for this momma to get some good sleep for the first time in a while. Knowing that the cancer is out of him, and he is safe…. I am a lucky lucky Mommy to have my son on the road to being healthy… And with that blessing, I urge any Mom, I don’t care how old your kids are male or female, teach them to check for lumps in their parts, it can save their lives! Don’t be embarrassed, just a part of life… Hugs to you all!!!!!!! I can sleep happy now…

Grayfire_artz
                Participant

I’m so happy he’s home now! *hugs* I can’t begin to understand even a iota of the emotions you must have been going through but reading your words I just started crying. I hope if I ever have kids one day I can be half as brave as you have been for your family and son.

Riversgrace
                  Participant

I’m not brave… I can’t tell you how scared I am… I just try and be positive for him, that way he will be positive and strong even though he is scared on the inside too.

He’s been busy this week! Lots of homework so he is caught up when he goes to school Monday. Right now he’s doing a four hour math test, that I can’t even help him on ๐Ÿ™ I think it’s unfair lol.

Kiya
                    Participant

Bravery isn’t the absence of fear – it’s moving forward and doing what you need to do in spite of it. *HUGS* You’re both very brave!

Chloe
                      Participant

Bravery isn’t the absence of fear – it’s moving forward and doing what you need to do in spite of it. *HUGS* You’re both very brave!

Exactly! And, you can only be brave when you are terrified!!

Riversgrace
                        Participant

Thank you girls ๐Ÿ™‚ He had his first day back to school. About 1030 I get a call from the nurse, he was hurting so bad he wanted to come home (which he loves school) so I picked him up and have him some meds. He seems to be doing better now… I was so nervous watching get on the bus this morning…. Knew I should have trusted my instincts, but at least he got a half day in and got to see his friends.

Jinya
                          Participant

So Happy everything is getting better! Will continue to pray for your family!

Falcolf
                            Participant

I’m so glad he got to go to school! I’m praying for him!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 128 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.