fbpx

Darrien Kicked Cancer's Rear!!!!!!!!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Darrien Kicked Cancer's Rear!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Riversgrace
    Participant

Today was an extremely hard day for everyone in my family. I am asking that no one post anything on facebook about this whole thing, but yall are like family and alot of you have watched me go through alot in the last couple years, so I wanted to share this with all of you…

My son Darrien, my oldest who is 9, was diagnosed with testicular cancer this morning…

Darrien has been my whole world for 9 years, and I am grieving over what is to come for him in his life in the aftermath of all this….

Darrien was born on a Friday night in 2003. I had been in labor for three days. Finally after doing a stress test on him, they took him by c-section. Shortly after that, I went unresponsive. I had a rare blood condition that was unknown at the time, and I fought for my life for the next three days. I wouldn’t have changed a thing, because he was a healthy 9 pound happy baby boy who lit up my world. You see a few years before getting pregnant with him, I had lost a 6 month pregnancy who his name was Jared, and after that they said I may never be able to carry to full term again…they were way wrong, but still Darrien was my glimmer of hope at becoming a mother. In his life, he has always been the kindest and sweetest person I have ever met. He was strong with me, he has cried with me, and been able to make me laugh when nothing else would…

A month or so ago, I realized that he was 9 years old and still wetting the bed, this concerned me greatly and it was suggested that I take him in to have him looked at…BEST CHOICE I have EVER made in my life! He went in, did a urine test, and things came back normal. The doctor wanted to send him to a Urologist, just to make sure there was nothing physically wrong. So we went a couple weeks ago, and during the exam the doctor noticed a small mass on one of his testicles. So an ultrasound was done last weekend. Yesterday they called me to make an appointment to come in and go over the results…

Hearing what the doctor had to say scares me worse than anything in my life… There is no saving the one that has the mass, though the other is healthy. So it will have to be completely removed. He will have an artificial one put in place. then we need to make sure it hasn’t spread through his whole body. We don’t know when surgery will be, but it will be very soon.

I know not everyone prays, or believes in things like that, all I ask is that you offer a thought, a good intention, or a prayer for his safety.

I can not even express how much my heart is breaking tonight at the thought of my baby at only 9 having cancer…I know I am made of tough stuff, but I had never expected this…

I’m sorry to vent, but you are like my family…….

Misty
      Participant

OMG I am so sorry hun. Good thoughts sent you guys’ way. At least you caught it, hopefully all will be well. HUGS

Jinya
        Participant

I will send a prayer on my knees for your son. Keep us informed, we care.

Kiya
          Participant

I’m so sorry, River. πŸ™ That’s got to be the hardest thing ever. My son is 9 and I would be terrified. *HUGS* Love and prayers to you and your family.

Stephanie
            Participant

*many hugs* I’ll be praying, and thinking good thoughts for you all.

Oh, River. How devastating. We’ll keep you both in the forefront of our thoughts. *hugs*

Kathleen
              Participant

I have two little boys and one little girl. I know how you are feeling right now and would never want anyone having to go through this. I will send you my prayers and good thoughts till this whole thing is past for you and your family (and after) πŸ™‚
                I have told very few people this but will share my story with you as it has a happy ending that I know yours will have as well.
                My husband and I adopted our little girl and got her when she was only three months old. After having her for more than a year were told she may have hep C and HIV as bio mom tested positive for this while carrying our little girl. We then had to take her in and get tested and thank God it was negative but those were long days for us waiting for the results. There are still issues we worry about everyday but having friends and family to talk to are the best thing. Even Windstone family. πŸ™‚
                Please keep us updated and feel free to talk when ever you need.
                Sending you and your family good thoughts and hugs.

briteblades
                Participant

My thoughts are with you, your family, and your son. *hugs*

Tethra
                  Participant

Oh River, that is terrible! I am sending all my thoughts your way. He’ll pull through this; I’m sure he’s as strong as his mother! All my best wishes to you.

Kim
                    Blocked

Wow. So sorry to hear. I really hope your son’s surgery goes well and he is okay. What a tough thing to deal with. I feel for you and pray he will get through this and be healthy in the future!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Amanda
                      Participant

My thoughts and prayers will be lifted up for you and your family River. *hugs to you*

Falcolf
                        Participant

My thoughts are with you πŸ™ good luck and hugs!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

KaytanaPhoenix
                          Participant

Oh my goodness πŸ™ My best prayers and wishes are with you and your son! You have my number if you ever need to talk, my dear! <3

I'm thankful it has been caught, but I am so sad for you and your son that you're going through it at all πŸ™

*hugs*

dragonmedley
                            Participant

You caught it early, and with something so localized, you might have good treatment options once the surgery is done. So big healing hugs to you both!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Riversgrace
                              Participant

Now that I have had a chance to sleep on it and absorb it all, I’m not crying every ten minutes…. I have a new resolve to be strong for my son and beat this cancer! No I never cried in front of him yesterday. The doctors an I didn’t feel it would do any good to really explain the details of what’s going on. All he knows is that there is a spot on one that we have to take out. And we are going to keep it that way until after surgery. I’m going to be talking to a counselor about how to tell him and I need training on how to help him. This is all going to be happening in the next couple weeks so everything will be coming at us fast.

Thank you to each and everyone of you for your well wishes and prayers. Nothing I could ever say would show my gratitude for the kindness and understanding all of you have shown. I will keep everyone updated when we know more about when surgery is. They said it will be an out patient thing, but that he will be on bed rest for a week after. So I am gathering things now to make his room special and fun so that he doesn’t get bored and sad… I bought him a new DSi last week and got him a couple games of Pokemon. I’m also going to paint him a keeper in green and blue, and have it hold a blue gem (blue is the color of ribbon for testicular cancer) That will make him very happy I know as he has been wanting a windstone for a while now lol.

I will make sure that I update here so you all know how he is doing… Hugs to you all!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.