fbpx

Darrien Kicked Cancer's Rear!!!!!!!!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Darrien Kicked Cancer's Rear!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Kalandra
    Participant

River,

My heart and thoughts are with you and your family and especially your son.

Kalandra

Bodine
      Participant

I can’t say more than has been said for you and your son but know that prayers and all good thoughts go out to y’all.Good luck.

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

siberakh1
        Participant

*BIG HUGS* My prayers are with you and your family. Definitely a scary thing to go through, esp. when your child is young. ๐Ÿ™ My coworker just went through this. However, he kept putting it off because other people on our team at work were taking vacation, or in training, so he felt it would disrupt the schedule (it got to the size of a large avocado before he finally said, I guess I can’t wait! D’oh!). He had the surgery, was out of work for a bit to recover (about 2-3 weeks), and just got the clear that his numbers are in the normal range, so he is officially a cancer survivor. ๐Ÿ™‚ Definitely a bit more delicate of a situation when he is 9 and not later 40s on how to explain/what to explain. I have friends who dealt with cancer during that age and they are here and in their 30’s healthy as can be. *nods* I hope for the best and that it hasn’t spread (and if it has, that they are able to knock it out completely). Good catch though and you’re being a good mom in having had it checked out, so by finding it, you’re already ahead of the game. ๐Ÿ™‚

Adaneth
          Participant

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family in this tough time. So glad you caught it as soon as you did. I pray you’ll get through this, and both be stronger people for it.

Riversgrace
            Participant

UPDATE: I called my insurance and they WILL cover his prostetic testicle!!! This makes me the happiest Mommy in the world!!!!! Today he is going in for his first blood panel, which he is terrified of…hopefully ice cream and a vacation at Nana and Opa’s house will relax him….

littleironhorse
              Participant

My thoughts are with you and your family with the wish that eveything turn out for the best despite this terrible scare.

Rachel
                Participant

Wow, River. How scary! I hope all goes well and this turns out just to be a bump in the road. I’m glad that insurance is doing the right thing. Stay strong, but cry if you need to.

I am so very sorry for all that you and your son and entire family are going through. You are strong and I am sure that being your son…He is a strong one like his mommma!! I am sending my prayers out to him and if I can pass strength to someone I will send all that I have to help him get through this. My heart is breaking for you as a mom to a mom with sons too. I cannot know what you feel but I can imagine and I want you to know that we are all here to support you and him in any way that we can. **HUGGS** from me to you.

Riversgrace
                  Participant

He was so BRAVE during his blood draw today!!! He has never had blood taken before…. No tears!!!!! I was very proud momma! We got ice cream after that! He was happy and very proud of himself!

Thank you so much for everyone’s love and support!!!!! It is helping me so much!

Chloe
                    Participant

Awww…what a big guy! Blood draws can be very scary.

I am reaching out to you with hugs and all the well wishes I can summon. I don’t have the right words to comfort…but I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and sending you all my best.

Lesley
                      Participant

How scary is that, at 9 years old ๐Ÿ™ My thoughts are with you and your son, and I’m sending as much love and strength to the two of you as I can.

He sounds like a brave kid, with courage and strength like he is showing, he will kick that cancer’s butt so hard, it will never dare rear it’s head again ๐Ÿ™‚

Ann

Rivers grace, I am so sorry, I can’t imagine what this is like. One thing I can say is good for you for being such a good Mom. You felt something was off and you did something about it. Your son is so lucky to have you.

Falcolf
                          Participant

What a brave kid! ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m 22 now and I’m still terrified of needles. I’m really impressed that he handled a blood draw at 9, I would have been a mess back then!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Riversgrace
                            Participant

I can’t thank all of you enough for all your kind thoughts and words. It really helps me knowing he has so many people rooting for him! What is ironic, two weeks ago Before all this even came about, I decided one morning that my hair needed to go to locks of love. I cut off my own 15 inch pony tail…and donated it. My daughter who is 5 wants to do the same! ๐Ÿ™‚ she has a 13 inch pony tail! Lol.

I was fine most of yesterday. Tears of joy for my insurance. I am so lucky to have it because of my military service. It wasn’t until after Nana picked him and Taylor up for a sleep over that I lost it. Just so quiet in the house without him….

So at 430 AM I just woke up and needed to vent and this is my only place to vent as I want to keep it off Facebook and stuff… So here I am rambling. Part of me knows that he is lucky, it’s a very curable cancer, it could have been a lot worse like it is for some children, and we caught it early so I’m hoping it hasn’t spread to his lymph nodes… But the other part of me is inside screaming, I’m angry that my baby has to sacrifice his testicle, that he may have to do some chemo, that he is too young for surgery and needles and poking and prodding and tests, and now for the rest of his life he’ll have to worry about it coming back, and the subsequent surgeries to put in bigger prosthetics…. Just so much, but I know there are others who have it much much worse.

He is such a sweetheart, always has been… In our four kids we have the loud one Lula who is 1 and thinks she is going to be a singer, she is independent and a voices her opinion every chance she gets… Logan the 2 year old is the smart one, he is a problem solver and gets into stuff that even Darrien can’t get into… Taylor is the diva and princess of the house. She has been nicknamed Princess Pea since she was one month old (referring to the fairy tale) and Darrien, is the sweet one, the one who notices when someone is in a funk and comes over lays his hand on your shoulder looks you in the eyes and asks you if you’re alright. He asks, Is there anything I can do to make it better? He is the hugger too, and the I love you’s for no reason…. I have an awesome set of babies. I am the luckiest Momma in the entire world….

Riversgrace
                              Participant

I wish I could take his place….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.