fbpx

Darrien Kicked Cancer's Rear!!!!!!!!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Darrien Kicked Cancer's Rear!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

I wish I could take his place….

I could make so many comments here that could make you laugh…

Remember that children are extremely resilient; it’s a very hard thing, but from what you say, he’ll be fine. One of my cousins spent her childhood in hospitals. The nurses and the parents positive attitude allowed her to be curious about her condition, and now, she’s a nurse herself. Explain it all to him, as he might have questions that no adult can anticipate – children have such a different outlook on things, sometimes. And talking with him will also help you go through it.

Big hugs!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Grayfire_artz
      Participant

*HUGS*

I’m soo sorry! I can’t even begin to imagine your pain in any way. I started crying in the first paragraph though. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Oh River! Please accept my prayers and love and HUGS and add them to the rest of the ones our “family” has offered you.

twindragonsmum

tdm

Riversgrace
          Participant

I am exhausted. I can’t cry anymore. I don’t think my eyes can make anymore… I can’t sleep… But I find myself coming back to this thread. Reading about how everyone is praying and sending good thoughts his way…you all have no idea how comforting you all are. and how much I am thankful for all of you….

Grayfire_artz
            Participant

Try and remember that you have to take it one day at a time. I wish words could give more comfort then just being words on a screen. *hugs* Tea is always an amazing comfort to me when I’m stressed. Maybe some will help you?

Kiya
              Participant

Not that I think I could do this but – try not to panic too much. Right now, as grim as it is – the outlook is positive! Your insurance covers what your son needs. The doctors seem optimistic from what they said that they can make this a road bump in his childhood. Kids are so much stronger than we think (stronger than us in many ways because they don’t have as much experience with anticipatory worry LOL). You are brave. Your son is brave. You guys can do this!

We’ll continue praying for you and cheering you on until you’re out the other side. <3

Sarah
                Participant

I am so very sorry you are dealing with this. You and your son are very brave! I know this may not mean much coming from a stranger… but I truly think you have VERY VERY good odds with this. Catching it early helps SO much, and testicular cancer is one of the more curable ones. My husband had this same type of cancer and had to have one of his removed too. Darrien WILL beat this!!!! I will be keeping you and Darrien and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers. Much love to you and your family!!! <3

Shotzy11
                  Participant

You and your family have been through so much. I have been following your posts over the last year- and through all the challenges life has thrown at you – you have risen above them. You are an incredibly strong woman and you can do this!
                    I am glad you caught it early and that it is treatable. I will be sending my thoughts and prayers your way. Get well soon Darrien.

Kathleen
                    Participant

Just popping in again to send more hugs ๐Ÿ™‚

Much love and hugs sent your way from the UK <3. I know it must be hard for you and I can't even imagine what you're going through. Xxxxx

Riversgrace
                      Participant

Yesterday was my husbands rough day… The two oldest ones, Darrien and Taylor had gone to spend the weekend with their Nana and Opa (grandparents) while they were gone, my husband finally broke, and I broke… Today we both woke up with strong hearts! I think the initial shock ahs worn off, and now all we have in our hearts are strength and hope. All of you that have put a post on this thread, everyone who has PMed me, facebook messaged me and texted me…I have no words to tell you how much you have helped me, and how much I can never thank you enough. Your words of encouragement, strength, and love are truly priceless.

Today the kids and I are all home by ourselves…so what are we doing? playing Pokemon lol…we are having a blast and enjoying just being together…

You’ll all pull through this. I don’t post a whole heck of a lot, but I read a lot of the threads, so I know that you’re a strong person, and I bet your son is too.

Take it one step of a time, and sometimes just doing something incredibly normal feeling (playing pokemon, as in your last post?) can be the best stress relief there is.

My thoughts to you and yours.

Riversgrace
                        Participant

Haha! Yes *blush* I have played Pokemon since I was a teen, and I knew he liked them, now it’s something we all do together! It has been a really good day for all of us just to sit and talk and trade. It’s the simple things that I treasure most. He loves Pokemon and windstones because he loves dragons and the griffins. He watches me paint and sometimes helps! In fact later today he is going to help me with my swap piece! He is very excited about this! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tara
                          Participant

I’m guilty of playing pokemon too. I’m trying to collect them all ๐Ÿ˜› The games (not the spin off ones though)that is. It’s surprising how many “closet” pokemon players there are. Look at the silver lining playing video games with your kids makes you a cool mom.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Riversgrace
                            Participant

Surgery is set for Tuesday next week! This is all happening fast thankfully! We talked and he is so brave!!!! He is looking forward to no school and ice cream in bed!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 128 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.