fbpx

Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Home Forums Miscellany Community Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    Scathach
    Participant

LZ, that’s so sad about your friend not being able to be with her mom. 😥 Where I live in Canada they have cancelled all events, church, meetings, etc and they closed all the schools on Mon. with no return date so kids may not go back to school til Sept. They reduced hours on most stores and a lot of others are completely closed. A couple days ago my mom and I drove to our doctor’s appointment and our doctor wouldn’t even let us in and she called us instead and talked to us over the phone while we sat in the car for an hour. I wish I had got the message they were closed before driving across the city to our appointment. My chiropractor and massage therapist are still working though which is good because since I was in a car accident almost 4 weeks ago and got whiplash I have needed to go to appointments every week to get better. My chiropractor was actually going to take next week off to go on vacation and is now staying here because of travel bans.

I got a new glasses prescription last week as I’ve been waiting two years to be able to get new glasses with my coverage and I went to the mall today to look in the optical stores and the mall was dead. I’ve never seen anything like it. Almost all the stores were closed except a handful and one glasses store wouldn’t let me in to look at glasses and the other did let me in. There were only a handful of people very spread out in the mall and this is normally one of the busiest malls in Canada. I looked at glasses and put some aside and they told me this was their last day open and now they are going to be closed starting tomorrow for a couple weeks so I won’t even be able to get my glasses now til they reopen. Also my phone has been acting up and freezing a lot so I was hoping to look at new phones too to get a replacement but the phone store I deal with was closed. I called around and found one phone store open on the other end of the city I might go to tomorrow as they closed early. I also was going to get almond milk and a couple things at our grocery store and then I found out they are now closing at 8 pm instead of 11 pm and I was too late.

So besides all that I am normally home with my mom anyway and sell stuff online but I am still doing dog walking for these ladies who live nearby 3 times a week too. Normally when walking through the dog park we might see a couple other people or dogs but today so many people were out walking the paths with kids and dogs and kids were playing outside on the playgrounds. I haven’t seen that in a long time. So I guess now that people are home they are deciding to get outside in the fresh air more and walk which is nice. Other than that we are watching movies and playing games at home and playing with the cats and guinea pigs. I have been cleaning and cooking more too. I made a bunch of banana chocolate chip muffins a couple days ago as a treat and I’ve been making healthy soups and smoothies and lunches and dinners for my myself and mom.

I’m surprised your chiropractor and massage therapist are still treating. In Ontario, they’ve all done the socially responsible thing and closed their practices to help do their part to flatten the curve and reduce the spread of the virus. Chiropractors can only treat emergencies.
      Optometrists are all closed here, too. Emergency eye care is available at hospitals, of course.

Life is beautiful.

Scathach
      Participant

There is no time limit to when Canadian citizens are being allowed home, so far. They just have to self-quarantine for two weeks after they do so. This has turned out to be a hardship for my Canadian friend who returned on Monday, and days later found out her mother is dying. She has been denied visiting rights, even outside the hospice. Her mother is unable to Skype or Facetime because she does not have the ability to recognize anyone through that medium any longer, and same for a phone call. My friend is utterly heartbroken she cannot say goodbye to her mother.

I’m sorry to hear about your friend and her mother. There’s nothing else to say that doesn’t sound like a platitude.

Life is beautiful.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Getting desperate… I just put blue painters tape in a giant rectangle around my desk 6 feet out with a sign I made for social distancing after I saw a family in here… Mom AND dad with 3 kids. (because I guess one parent couldn’t stay at home with them) Kids are coughing and touching EVERYTHING and the smallest one had a giant stuffed dog that he was dragging on the ground all over the place. Parents were far more interested in our backsplash displays then anyone’s safety. *face palm*
          A little while before that there is an elderly couple walking along with their dog wearing masks. My coworker asks if they need help and they say they’re just browsing. Then he says jokingly, “What? No mask for the dog?” The man answers with an attitude, “The dog didn’t just have heart surgery!” IF YOU JUST HAD HEART SURGERY WHY ARE YOU IN HERE!? Just BROWSING? OMG I can’t with people today. A stay in place order cannot come soon enough! People are so stupid.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Setsunawolf
          Participant

I want to know what a dog is doing in your store? I mean the rest of it just stupid beyond belief, but add a dog and that takes in to another level.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Good Gawd!
              Did they say it was an ‘Emotional Support’ animal to calm the Just Had a Heart Surgery patient?!?!?! WTF PEOPLE! Are you ALL CRAZY???

I’ve got an idea drag0n. Anytime someone starts getting to close to you start *Coughing* *Hacking* and fake *Sneezing* in their direction….. Do a ‘COVID19 Scare’. Maybe that will make them think… LOL! It may not be nice or even a good idea to really do it, but don’t you LOVE just thinking about doing it – even a little?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

twindragonsmum
              Participant

So my wacky brother ( the one that works for the governor of the state of Washington as is a zombie extra on Z Nation) was told to “resist the urge to dress like a zombie and cough all over the place” at work. I told him “resistance is futile…”. His whole office now works from home 😁

tdm😊

tdm

Setsunawolf
                Participant

Lol

Sun Dragon Koi #3

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

lol…

well my apartments are very quiet outside today now, guess everyone is scared of smoking guy, guy with yorkie who helped yesterday and lady on her upstairs stoop in her pjs(me)….I’m not against people being outside since it’s allowed, walking around with the dog, taking a smoke or just a little walk is fine…those girls were just treating this like it was spring break and that breaking and entering into the pool was okay…anyhoo, all is quiet in my neck of the woods so to speak today…..

4 things I'm looking for:
                    1. Mother Meerkat
                    2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                    3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                    4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Suzanne-Marie
                    Participant

So sorry Fatalbeauty….
                      I feel your frustration…
                      Sending you positive and healing energy.
                      Virtual Genuine Hugs

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

So sorry Fatalbeauty….
                        I feel your frustration…
                        Sending you positive and healing energy.
                        Virtual Genuine Hugs

*receives all the positive and healing energies* *is also hugged* 🙂

1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

Bodine
                        Participant

Ms. is up to 207.About 60 new cases a day now.
                          TDM-so glad to see you back and with your witty humor.😊

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Melody
                          Keymaster

Gov. Kate Brown just ordered all Oregon businesses closed, except groceries, pot shops and liquor stores! Factories can still stay open, that’s us, but I’m wearing a mask.

Melody
                            Keymaster

So my wacky brother ( the one that works for the governor of the state of Washington as is a zombie extra on Z Nation) was told to “resist the urge to dress like a zombie and cough all over the place” at work. I told him “resistance is futile…”. His whole office now works from home 😁

tdm😊

Your brother is awesome

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

Gov. Kate Brown just ordered all Oregon businesses closed, except groceries, pot shops and liquor stores! Factories can still stay open, that’s us, but I’m wearing a mask.

you and everyone up there stay safe!

1. Mother Meerkat

Setsunawolf
                                Participant

Be safe. I’m glad you can stay open. It looks like IN is going under a shelter in place ban. I think we are heading that way here in WI. My toddler is going stir crazy. We went out bear hunting again this afternoon. Turned into a real bird watching adventure. Then she put stock on “campfire” aka the burn pit. It was cute. I’m going to need to write a lesson plan and do some activities with her.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 296 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.