fbpx

Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Home Forums Miscellany Community Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    LZ
    Participant

Normally people have to stop and ask about my Corgis, but now people are being so good about distance in parks here, nodding from afar… except the playgrounds, with all the slides and swings and things everyone touches. What can anyone do though? Kids love that stuff.

Starting Monday all businesses that are non-essential are to be closed in NY state. They put out a long list of what is essential. Most of it made sense, except “semiconductor industry.” The places that make microchips and tiny electronic parts. That’s just bs. My work is grinding to a standstill because every other place that uses the parts is closed so no one wants our stuff, and yet I still have to show up.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Natasha
      Participant

Ugh, so sorry your work is (kinda oddly) considered essential. I hope you at least have plenty of space between you & coworkers and anyone you knows they are sick stays home!

Last night two of my friends and I played board games together using a meeting program called Zoom! You can download it for free, set up a meeting and invite your friends. It felt really great to just hang out with friends, while still being safely isolated in our homes. I highly recommend that. Having close friends is so good for your wellbeing and it’s nice that in stressful times people can still virtually come together.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
        ANY Red Eyed Unis
        ANY Test Paint Bat
        UNIS:
        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
        Male- Snow Leopard TP
        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
        Mother: Okapi
        Gothic - Mahogany
        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

tig3r06
        Participant

Im in Spokane, Washington and it is most serious here. Im going to echo what others have said, please stay home except to get groceries or medication if needed! Stop going shopping for non-essential things and risking spreading disease. Buy non-essential stuff online if you must have it all the sudden right now in the middle of a pandemic.
          My friend works in the microbiology lab here at sacred heart hospital and keeps going in early and staying late to help. They are BACKED UP on samples that need to be sent to be processed in labs that have machines that can determine SARS-CoV-2. Their machine can only recognize SARS-CoV-1. And it’s taking 5 days to get back test results as there’s only 2 places to send the samples for testing. They’re working on trying to get more machines for testing. This is not a joke. There is serious lack of medical supplies and testing. The lack of testing causes a lower number of cases and deaths reported than there really is. There is ALOT more who have it than we know. If people do not stay home, we will all end up in lockdown like Italy. A family in New Jersey, I believe, have had 3 members die so far from COVID-19 because they were all at a get together where one of them had had contact with someone who traveled. It’s so heartbreaking.
          I’m going to school to be able to work in sacred heart’s microbiology lab with my friend. All my classes at Eastern Wa University are now online, all chem and bio labs too. No face to face meetings of any kind as of yesterday so undergrads, like me, in independent study research are postponed and waiting to hear back on if grad students are postponed on their research with professors too.
          So to repeat. Please stay home as much as possible.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Boyfriend called 411 on Lowe’s and now we are closing a half an hour early and the associates are to stay and clean the bathrooms and disinfect the shopping carriages. I feel like things are getting worse… Still not offering anything financially and continuing to deny time requests for anyone who applies for them. Our CEO also just bought 10,000 shares of our own stock. I mean he makes 1.4 million with 6 million in stock options so why not right?

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bodine
            Participant

Bodinetoo is dealing with same thing at Home Depot.They are going full blast.He said old people walking around touching everything,sniffling kids running around touching everything.Ridiculous and dangerous!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Legit… lady walking around with a baby that didn’t even look done yet! Another family with 2 little kids to had to have opened every single oven and dishwasher and cabinet in the entire showroom. I’m over here with my Lysol like it’s mace ready to clip these people in the face once they get closer then 6 feet. SO tired of this already. The state needs to do something because they’re are EASILY over 100 people in here right now.

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ferlin1984
                Participant

I agree! I have five children under 15 and not one of them has left the house since last Friday when schools closed. I have gone 3 times to town alone to get groceries that’s it. I throw the bags away, change my clothes and wash my hands. Whenever I leave a store I use hand sanitizer. My children are climbing the walls especially the 3 year old but I won’t let them out. I have rescheduled appts and field trips are canceled of course.
                  And then I see a brand new baby with both parents in Walmart! And children! My sister n law is still at Home Depot working and she says people are coming in buying silly things!

LZ
                  Participant

Legit… lady walking around with a baby that didn’t even look done yet! Another family with 2 little kids to had to have opened every single oven and dishwasher and cabinet in the entire showroom. I’m over here with my Lysol like it’s mace ready to clip these people in the face once they get closer then 6 feet. SO tired of this already. The state needs to do something because they’re are EASILY over 100 people in here right now.

Where’d that national guard go?? Get them posted at your store at the entrance.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Suzanne-Marie
                    Participant

So sorry people are not listening to self isolation recommendations…..
                      This coronavirus needs to be taken seriously…
                      There are really, really, sick people here in California … that I know for sure.
                      As a Pediatric R.N. I do have access to mask(s), gloves, and Purell on my job..but everywhere is sold out of Purell.
                      Does anyone have 1 extra Purell .. small size one I could buy to keep in my car??
                      No symptoms, but I am considered high risk…
                      If you do please can you PM or email me??
                      Washing my hands over 20 seconds; very important to dry them thoroughly after.
                      Also trying so hard Not to touch my face…didn’t realize how much I do without even thinking about it.
                      Thank you for reading this.
                      Prayers of safety to everyone.
                      Virtual Hugs !!

Bodine
                      Participant

Stay safe Suzanne and thank you for being on the front lines.Be well.

fatalbeauty
                        Participant

hmm, my story post keeps going away….not sure why?

had to step in with some drunken idiots today….so California is pretty quite here at my apartments since we’re on a shelter in place order and the office is closed to the public as well and I’m not certain but pretty sure so is the pool area but you need a key to get into otherwise…so I hear a little bit of talking so I looked out curiously, it’s a guy out smoking talking to two young women….thinking nothing of it, I went back to my normal activities….then I hear a lot of cussing and yelling, turns out the girls were trying to jump the fence to get in the pool area….I listen in a bit, so they had told the guy earlier that they lived in a big house with their father and now smoking guy is yelling at them to “get out of here since they were trying to jump the fence”….they keep yelling “we’re not scared of that” which now I also learn they speaking of the coronavirus since he’s yelling back at them that “they should be, you’re supposed to be inside”, they yell back “you’re old, you go inside” and other such nonsense…this goes on for quite awhile until they start coming over our way and I can see they’re both holding cups with beer in it and I can hear all the slurring in their voices…also one is wearing a thin robe like you would wear in the house only….

so tired of all the noise, I come out since I’m annoyed that they’re not taking the shelter in place seriously…I tell they need to be inside due to the shelter in place order, they aren’t supposed to be out there drinking, trying to hop the fence to get into the pool area and since they don’t live here so they need to leave instead of causing a scene…they then turn on me and tell me “I need to go inside and that I need a haircut”, I tell them “I’m right outside my own door”….guy who was smoking is continuing to yell at them, telling me the part about how they don’t live here and the fence hopping….

meanwhile, they continue to tell me they live here and I again repeat what I heard the man say and that you don’t because you told him you live in a big house with your father and these are not houses nor are they big….and they then go to my understairs neighbor asking “can you help us?” then claiming they live there…I tell them “no, an older lady and her daughter who likes to talk on the phone late at night on the balcony, no male lives there”….they yell a bunch more then go in downstairs….well later the older lady that lives there comes out to yell at the man, she tells him “the kids aren’t her’s but that the guy shouldn’t be cussing at them” then goes back inside….and then that’s it…

long story short, two dumb drunk women trying to jump the fence to a closed pool area and causing a scene when told to leave…and again they don’t live here…..

4 things I'm looking for:
                          1. Mother Meerkat
                          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Kim
                          Blocked

So what are the rules for things in California now? I heard that many states, maybe all of the U.S. might go on a lockdown on Mon and that Canada might even too. That scares me because I don’t know what that entails and how it works.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

So what are the rules for things in California now? I heard that many states, maybe all of the U.S. might go on a lockdown on Mon and that Canada might even too. That scares me because I don’t know what that entails and how it works.

shelter in home, basically stay indoors unless you have to go to the store, bank or do laundry and if you work an essential job….you can go out to say walk the dog but you’re supposed to stay 6 feet apart from other people….

I did learn later that yes the pool and surrounding area was shut down so those girls were jumping the fence due to the fact that it was not available to go to in let alone drink in there…..and they didn’t even live here so they weren’t supposed to around any of us anyway let alone outside to drink in public….so one drunk and sitting around near the pool with no reason to be there, two not supposed to be here due to not living here, three breaking into the pool that’s closed down to prevent people gathering, four which was the most annoying to me not caring about the virus even though we’re on a shelter in home order, five again them not caring about anyone even though I’ve been cooped up in my apartment for a week only going out on senior/immumnocompromised hours and once to the hospital at 7am to avoid people as much as possible since the kidney doctor wanted hubby to get blood tests….

and back on topic, I’m not sure what lockdown would entail, hasn’t happened in my lifetime that I know of so not really sure…..

4 things I'm looking for:
                              1. Mother Meerkat
                              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Bodine
                              Participant

Bodinetoo went to work again.He is worried about losing his job,insurance,etc..I told him,you’re all about pandemics,things that could wipe us out but,here it is and you don’t click to the facts that I am 61,the number of cases in Ms.doubled in 24hrs,Italy is the Canary in the cage,what is the intelligent choice.We can start over.Tough position to be in.😔

Scathach
                                Participant

Ugh, so sorry your work is (kinda oddly) considered essential. I hope you at least have plenty of space between you & coworkers and anyone you knows they are sick stays home!

Last night two of my friends and I played board games together using a meeting program called Zoom! You can download it for free, set up a meeting and invite your friends. It felt really great to just hang out with friends, while still being safely isolated in our homes. I highly recommend that. Having close friends is so good for your wellbeing and it’s nice that in stressful times people can still virtually come together.

Cool idea! I hadn’t thought about using Zoom for social. I have FaceTimed, though.

Life is beautiful.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 296 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.