Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Home Forums Miscellany Community Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

My new year is beginning with a bang.Liberty is diagnosed with heart worms.Selling off enough Windstones to collect $1200 more,after $340, it will cost to try and save her but no guarantee it will work.She showed no symptoms and has been on Trifexis since she was 5 1/2 mos.but tests are positive.My heart is shattered.
      Then 2days after the visit to the vet,I woke up sick.My chest feels like I got smacked with a sledge hammer,can’t stop coughing and mild fever spikes.I honestly think it is just a cold grabbed me though.I always,ALWAYS,wear my mask and rubber gloves everywhere I go and I rarely go anywhere.No visitors at home but bodinetoo works at Home Depot where the idiots roam.
      Wish us luck for all good outcomes.

20201231_0849542

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Good Luck, Bodine!
        So Sorry to hear about all of this – what a crappy way to start the New Year. Hope Liberty gets better and cured and hope you don’t have COVID.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

StormDancer
        Participant

So sorry Bodine, I hope that you get healthy quickly and that Liberty comes thru it all in perfect health

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bodine
          Participant

Thanks y’all.Me too.I think I just have a cold.Been a few years since the last time so I ok with getting a cold.😊 Liberty MUST get cured.She just has to😔

Natasha
            Participant

Good luck for you and your baby, Bodine! I’m keeping her in my thoughts. 💜

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
              ANY Red Eyed Unis
              ANY Test Paint Bat
              UNIS:
              The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
              Male- Snow Leopard TP
              White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
              Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
              Mother: Okapi
              Gothic - Mahogany
              PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
              DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Setsunawolf
              Participant

Hugs Bodine. My Kanika also got heart worms while on Trifexis. The HW treatment is hard On them, but the big thing is to keep her clam and low/no activity. Kanika was on crate lock down, short leash walks to potty, it was hard because she was about a year old when she contracted it.
                You will need to change HW meds. Liberty is in the small percentage of dogs Trifexis doesn’t work on. Has your vet reached out to Elanco? They paid for a good chunk of Kanika’s treatment since she was on their product when she tested positive.
                You can pm me if you have questions. I’ve done HW treatments on Kanika, and a few other foster dogs who came into rescue HW positive.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Suzanne-Marie
                Participant

Aww Bodine⭐️ I am so sorry to hear Liberty Dx with Heartworms….
                  So sorry you got sick too….
                  You are both in my thoughts and prayers..
                  Some companies will reimburse for Heartworm treatment if the dog tests positive; have you checked into that??
                  Let me look at my finances; still playing catch-up from emergency abdominal surgery 10/29/20 and missing work with no income x4 weeks…and now working 1/2 shifts…
                  State Disability will pay 3 weeks but have not yet seen one penny…
                  But I will be able to help you ❤️.
                  Will email you.
                  💕🧚‍♀️

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear this.

I will agree with Setsuna; most dogs pull through fine but keeping them calm and quiet is important. I was vet tech at the local humane society for several years, and this is heartworm central here just like where you are. I would guesstimate probably 90% of our treated dogs ended up well.

I also agree to contact the manufacturer. You can prove through your vet that you have been using their product; they should at least help to cover the results of its failure.

Please let me help at least a little. I also volunteer to paint PYOs to help raise funds; you supply the blank and an idea of what you want, payment to Bodine. I have pics up in the PYO gallery and an old thread in the PYO subforum. I will cover shipping back to you.

I hope you feel better also, Mimi. Stress can be a killer.

Edit to say I also have a Guardian Dragon gargoyle I’d be willing to take offers on, buyer pays shipping, purchase price goes to Bodine. Also a Franz large Cymbidium Orchid vase, blue and white background, white flowers with golden yellow lips. Sells for over $100 on eBay. Reasonable offers, same deal as the gargoyle. I have the original box for the vase, but it does have water damage. Vase is great, kept in a china cabinet.

Bodine
                    Participant

Y’all are all so special.I hope you know that.
                      I truly appreciate all the offers of financial help but please don’t worry.I have mostly covered with a little time to get them.I cannot tell y’all how it warmed my heart.
                      Liberty is on Simperico(?)suppose to cover 4 things.Thanks for the info too.
                      I think I have the flu but doc appt.in the morning

Bodine
                      Participant

Setsunawolf,I do have a question.Do you know if any of Kanika’s littermates contracted HWs too while on meds? Is it just random or through blood you think.My daughter Amber has Athena,Liberty’s sis.Amber has autoimmune system problems and is homebound.Her husband is a diabetic since childhood and is homebound so they can’t take her to the vet. I do much of her errands but if I test positive I can’t either so we are curious about that.Thanks for all the info.

Setsunawolf
                        Participant

I don’t know where Kanika’s littermates are. I would change the HW meds on Libery’s sister just to be safe since they share a genetic profile. I know Trifexis works because I had 3 other dogs on it at the time Kanika tested positive, and I had used it for years before I got Kanika. Macowi is on Heartguard now because we moved and my vet here doesn’t sell Trifexis. Kanika is on Advatage Multi. I’m phobic about changing her brand because I know not all of them work for her, but the Advatage has kept her negative.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

HW meds are kinda like vaccines. Incredibly effective for most dogs except a small percentage. That was why Elanco paid a good chunk of Kanika’s treatment because she in that small percentage that wasn’t protected. By switching brands/formulas the hope was whatever didn’t work with Kanika’s genetics would be replaced with something that would work.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bodine
                            Participant

Thank you.
                              Well,I tested positive.I am ok,feels like a horrid flu.Ms.Cynthia(family doc)told me watch my oxygen.If breathing gets rough get my to the hospital.I rarely went out,always with mask,most the time with gloves,no parties or gatherings except Christmas Eve at Amber.Just us and I still got it.So far they are well.Jeff is getting tested today…And I thought last year was bad.Joke’s on me.😝

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

Well – that’s really crappy! I hope you have a mild case and it doesn’t get worst. Good Luck to everyone else in your family.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Setsunawolf
                                Participant

Keep us posted. I hope you have a mild case and recover quickly.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 296 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.