Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Home Forums Miscellany Community Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

Fatalbeauty, I never know what to say so I don’t, but you and your hubby have been in my prayers. I was happy for you (is that wrong? I tend not to feel quite straight, part of why I don’t comment) when you reported his worsening numbers, hoping this meant you could finally get the surgery and have that uncertainty weight off your back. Now this. With his recent results. My heart goes to you guys.

Just today, I was handed the official diagnosis- my husband has the onset of dementia. They won’t be doing anything further for him for the foreseeable future either, because of the coronavirus taking over everything. At least it will hopefully have a slow progression, and not like there’s much that can be done anyhow.

Natasha, praying for your hubby too. My whole family is elderly and/or has lung issues, I hear where you’re coming from. I really worry about my BIL, he’s 82, has only 1 lung now, and last week was told the cancer has recurred. He’s also another one not smart enough to stay put. He’s pretty much a lifelong bachelor, and going to do for himself whatever he wants to do. But he’s getting frail looking.

fatalbeauty
      Participant

pipsxlch: happy as far him getting closer to surgery was an okay thing to feel, it did feel like a weight lifted when it was still going to happen….now we’re just in limbo, we tried originally getting his surgery date as soon as possible trying to avoid the worst of the virus but nope, UCSD/California had other plans…for some reason, they think it’s better to wait until later and hope the virus gets better when it may get worse and then it was just stupid of them to postpone it…last I heard, it’s thought that this virus could last until July or August so I just don’t understand how cancelling it all until later makes sense….

sorry to hear about your husband’s diagnosis and it sucks that this virus is messing with you too….

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

StormDancer
        Participant

Fatalbeauty, I am so very sorry for the delay. The ups and downs you must be going thru emotionally are awful and they truly wear you down to the point that everything feels like it is set against you.
          Just know that I do keep you and your husband in my thoughts and I’m sending positive energy that all works out for you perfectly, even if a bit delayed.

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Work is open for me as we supply parts for the company that maintains the national power grid😊. However we were sent home this morning because of a 5.7 earthquake in the Salt Lake City area. So maintenance crew is doing clean up, etc and we’ll prolly be up and running again in the morning. And on the virus… it’s kinda funny to me that in a State where the prominent religion teaches emergency preparedness how many people are hoarding some really weird stuff. Grocery stores are empty except for things that people won’t eat even if their lives depended on it 🤣

tdm😊

tdm

fatalbeauty
            Participant

well we got a call this morning, they can’t schedule any even tentative surgeries right now but they will call us once they get the all clear to do surgeries again…..

in other news, Target is doing a senior and immunocompromised hour 8-9am, we were able to stock up on our list except eggs…so if you’re a senior or immunocompromised like hubby, call ahead though to make sure your store is doing it….

StormDancer: thanks for your positive thoughts and prayers….we’re trying to stay positive and distract ourselves also we’re just going to hunker down and hope they call in a week or two….

1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

etruscan
              Participant

Grocery stores here (Maryland) also are doing a first-thing-in-the-morning time for seniors to shop.

There are reports that grocery stores are hiring people to help cope with the extra cleaning and stocking shelves. It was presented as an option for those laid off from other work.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

I can’t fathom how stupid, and selfish, some people are!
                  Our Association is all on mandatory work from home status until 3/30 – 2 weeks as well. But it wouldn’t surprise me if they announced an extension to that next week to the end of April with all the changes and updates in the news and CDC guidelines. I’m going to reschedule my normal primary care appointment instead of going next Friday.
                  I feel for you guys fatalbeauty, and hope everything works out. My continued thoughts and prayers! Hugz!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

I can’t fathom how stupid, and selfish, some people are!
                    Our Association is all on mandatory work from home status until 3/30 – 2 weeks as well. But it wouldn’t surprise me if they announced an extension to that next week to the end of April with all the changes and updates in the news and CDC guidelines. I’m going to reschedule my normal primary care appointment instead of going next Friday.
                    I feel for you guys fatalbeauty, and hope everything works out. My continued thoughts and prayers! Hugz!

Ela_Hara: *is hugged* thanks for your thoughts and prayers! hopefully we get a good call in a week or two….

1. Mother Meerkat

Bodine
                    Participant

I am reading all this and it hurts my heart.Fatalbeauty,your situation is one of my worst nightmares.I wish you both all the best.
                      My fear is for my daughter.Both she and her husband have immune issues.
                      As for us,I have developed a cough and sneezing a lot but I am attributing this to all the pollen.😊 I have stopped going to work.jik

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
                      Participant

Talk about preying on frightened people.THIS chaps my butt😡

Screenshot_2020-03-19-06-12-51

Screenshot_2020-03-19-06-13-09

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Unfortunately if people continue to buy stuff from the Profiteers the Profiteers will continue to sell overpriced stuff. Just say NO! I’m sure this stuff is still being manufactured, just need to be patient and give stores time to restock – then go to the store really early and buy responsibly. No hoarding. Some stores in our area are starting to put limits on items per customer – it’s about time! And are setting aside time for 60+ and immune compromised persons only to shop, of course that’s normally like 6am – 7am.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

Report those sales to eBay. I read somewhere they are trying to take down predatory pricing sales like that. Might have even been the article on the KY guy who had 17000 bottles of hand sanatizer.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Scathach
                            Participant

How is everyone doing at Windstone? Are you ok?
                              With all the talk about KS and other things, your well being may have gotten lost in the mix.
                              I hope all’s well with everyone there and your families.

Best wishes,

Life is beautiful.

Melody
                              Keymaster

How is everyone doing at Windstone? Are you ok?
                                With all the talk about KS and other things, your well being may have gotten lost in the mix.
                                I hope all’s well with everyone there and your families.

Best wishes,

We’re all good here! We’re still in business.

Melody
                                Keymaster

Who here is able to stay home?
                                  What are you doing at home? Art? Cooking? Netflix? Books? Spoiling doggos?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 296 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.