Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Home Forums Miscellany Community Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    Natasha
    Participant

California is all locked down. I’m proud of our Governor for doing what needed to be done. I’m heartbroken for people who aren’t getting paid. Hopefully we can get it under control and things will get back to normal eventually. I feel so much safer now that I’m not exposing my husband to anything.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
      ANY Red Eyed Unis
      ANY Test Paint Bat
      UNIS:
      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
      Male- Snow Leopard TP
      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
      Mother: Okapi
      Gothic - Mahogany
      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Bodine
      Participant

There’s a bright point! Y’all stay well.
        I am on a washing materials binge.My old machines are in overdrive.I have a cough that won’t subside so everything in the house,every stitch of clothes,bed linens,pet beds,all of it,is getting washed.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

StormDancer
        Participant

I found a poem written by Kitty O’Meara thats gone viral online. I’m sure most of you have read it but its a nice reminder that everything has a silver lining, even if we cant always see it.

“And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still. And listened more deeply. Some meditated, some prayed, some danced. Some met their shadows. And the people began to think differently.

And the people healed. And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal.

And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed.”

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bodine
          Participant

AMEN💗

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Aaaaawwww!
              I feel like I need to HUG my doggie and my Hubby now…. Thanks for this!
              It does put things in perspective about what is important and what is just empty ‘Stuff’ that takes up space and gives us problems instead of Joy.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I’m glad for those who need to be home are home. Unfortunately Lowe’s is completely and utterly failing it’s employees. No paid time, still working 40 hours, not even any shortening of operation hours to lessen contact with the public. We have been a MAD HOUSE! All Lowe’s is seeing is dollar signs and we actually are being brought into meetings to try and “stay motivated” and told that this is the time the customer’s need us most because they are at home and need projects to work on. When you google Lowe’s and Coronavirus you get a message from our CEO that says they are offering 14 paid days but the forms you have to fill out require written proof from a doctor that you are infected.

The girl that I work with has 2 kids at home and I thought for sure she would be out for 2 weeks but they won’t even let her take the time either. She has provided proof of the school closure, even brought in pictures of her kids doing their online learning and text alerts the school has been sending confirming their attendance and they told her the proof was inadequate and she was denied the time and is also being forced to work 40 hours alongside me. I can’t say it’s not helpful because we have been BOMBED! It’s been like Black Friday all week long and I’m sure the shareholders are loving it. I have never been so utterly disgusted with a company I worked for. I don’t mind working and I’m thankful to be working and still having one income in the household as we’re already down one, but not allowing folks who are clearly immune deficient, have children at home, or are over 65 being deemed inadequate for coverage for the additional sick pay is absolutely horrible. SO far not a single person in our store has qualified for the 14 day leave.

I wanted to wear a mask and gloves since as a designer I set at a minimum of 2 feet from my customers during a 1-2 hour design appointment and I was told I may not wear those items as it does not project a positive image to our customers and really don’t help anyway. The CEO isn’t going to be happy until one of our older employees contract this virus and die I swear… in the mean time Home Depot has shortened it’s hours for customer’s to be in the building, are limiting it to 50 at a time, and also offering 80 hours of sick pay direct deposited into the sick time account for EVERY full timer and 40 hours for EVERY part timer. If you don’t use it you get it paid out. Never thought I’d see the days that I’d miss my former employer.

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

sherry10151982
                Participant

WTH Drag0n! Lowe’s is setting itself up to be the villains in this COVID-19 situation. How dare they not allow at least the old veterans time off paid!! They’re the most vulnerable!! And not letting you protect yourself is completely insane!!

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

I’ve been working remotely for my company since May last year when the kids got out of school and we finally moved to be with my husband at his new job, so it’s no big change for me. The rest of my company went remote this week. Oof, I haven’t had this many time cards to fix in a long time.

The state park is still open right now. Since every one is camping in RVs (and a few in tents) they aren’t much trouble. We did lose the Canadian “snowbirds”, but we understand why they had to leave. I don’t envy the drive from south central Alabama back to Canada and hope they made it in time. Even if the park does get shut down, my husband would still have to work security.

The boys are out of school and daycare right now until April 6, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being longer. Gavin, a freshman, has online work he can do. Vance, a first grader, came home with a small packet of things. James, the almost four year old, is the only one who doesn’t have stuff like that…but he has his own task over the break….potty training! (He’ll potty if we send him, but won’t tell us if he has to go).

We have several board games (need to get a few more that James can play though) and a wide selection of movies, video games, and books available. Plus kittens!

LZ
                    Participant

There is no time limit to when Canadian citizens are being allowed home, so far. They just have to self-quarantine for two weeks after they do so. This has turned out to be a hardship for my Canadian friend who returned on Monday, and days later found out her mother is dying. She has been denied visiting rights, even outside the hospice. Her mother is unable to Skype or Facetime because she does not have the ability to recognize anyone through that medium any longer, and same for a phone call. My friend is utterly heartbroken she cannot say goodbye to her mother.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

WTH Drag0n! Lowe’s is setting itself up to be the villains in this COVID-19 situation. How dare they not allow at least the old veterans time off paid!! They’re the most vulnerable!! And not letting you protect yourself is completely insane!!

The only company worse then us I have seen so far is Gamestop who also refuses to close or pay the their workers claiming they are essential at this time to keep a sense of normalcy in people’s lives. I’m sure it has nothing to do with the huge release of Animal Crossing this week. *rolls eyes* They really need to start shaming these companies on the news who are putting profits over employees

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Natasha
                        Participant

I’m so sorry Drag0n. That is HORRIBLE behavior on Lowe’s part. Deplorable

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                          ANY Red Eyed Unis
                          ANY Test Paint Bat
                          UNIS:
                          The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                          Male- Snow Leopard TP
                          White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                          Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                          Mother: Okapi
                          Gothic - Mahogany
                          PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                          DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Melody
                          Keymaster

Happy to see the Windstone family is holding up ok! (It’s Jaz for anyone who knows me. Used to work at Windstone)! I’m out of work thanks to The ‘Rona, coz I’m employed at a Doggy Daycare / Boarding facility so we rely solely on income from people who are traveling or otherwise can’t be at home. And right now in WA state, that’s nobody! I hope things start looking up sooner than later. This is a lot for my already anxious brain. As for now, I’m just taking it day by day and trying my damndest not to feel overwhelmed. Melody’s Amabie is my new phone background for the time being! ^^

Love to you all!

Hi Jaz! Good to hear from you!

pipsxlch
                            Participant

My sister’s ex- we’re still in touch, he’s more my brother than the one my mother bore- had an ill timed family trip to Ireland at the first of the month. He works for the local Lexus dealer. They told him not to return to work for 14 days instead of right away as scheduled, okay. But they refuse to pay him for that time. He has an unemployed wife and two small kids.

Kim
                              Blocked

LZ, that’s so sad about your friend not being able to be with her mom. 😥 Where I live in Canada they have cancelled all events, church, meetings, etc and they closed all the schools on Mon. with no return date so kids may not go back to school til Sept. They reduced hours on most stores and a lot of others are completely closed. A couple days ago my mom and I drove to our doctor’s appointment and our doctor wouldn’t even let us in and she called us instead and talked to us over the phone while we sat in the car for an hour. I wish I had got the message they were closed before driving across the city to our appointment. My chiropractor and massage therapist are still working though which is good because since I was in a car accident almost 4 weeks ago and got whiplash I have needed to go to appointments every week to get better. My chiropractor was actually going to take next week off to go on vacation and is now staying here because of travel bans.

I got a new glasses prescription last week as I’ve been waiting two years to be able to get new glasses with my coverage and I went to the mall today to look in the optical stores and the mall was dead. I’ve never seen anything like it. Almost all the stores were closed except a handful and one glasses store wouldn’t let me in to look at glasses and the other did let me in. There were only a handful of people very spread out in the mall and this is normally one of the busiest malls in Canada. I looked at glasses and put some aside and they told me this was their last day open and now they are going to be closed starting tomorrow for a couple weeks so I won’t even be able to get my glasses now til they reopen. Also my phone has been acting up and freezing a lot so I was hoping to look at new phones too to get a replacement but the phone store I deal with was closed. I called around and found one phone store open on the other end of the city I might go to tomorrow as they closed early. I also was going to get almond milk and a couple things at our grocery store and then I found out they are now closing at 8 pm instead of 11 pm and I was too late.

So besides all that I am normally home with my mom anyway and sell stuff online but I am still doing dog walking for these ladies who live nearby 3 times a week too. Normally when walking through the dog park we might see a couple other people or dogs but today so many people were out walking the paths with kids and dogs and kids were playing outside on the playgrounds. I haven’t seen that in a long time. So I guess now that people are home they are deciding to get outside in the fresh air more and walk which is nice. Other than that we are watching movies and playing games at home and playing with the cats and guinea pigs. I have been cleaning and cooking more too. I made a bunch of banana chocolate chip muffins a couple days ago as a treat and I’ve been making healthy soups and smoothies and lunches and dinners for my myself and mom.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Setsunawolf
                                Participant

Kim be safe with all those people outside. The real danger from this virus is that 20 percent of all cases end up needing ICU care and there aren’t enough hospital beds. Washington state had to start making those types of decisions about who to treat and who to let die. New York is heading that way and will probably be there by next week.
                                  It reminds me of the only time my Grandpa talked about Pearl Harbor. He said the worst part wasn’t the smell or the destruction or even picking up the body parts, but the utter helplessness of not having enough penicillin and medical supplies to help all the survivors. They had to choose who to help and who to let die.
                                  The only way we can ease the strain on the medical system and to help more people survive this is to slow it down. We won’t stop it, but we can slow it if we stay away from each other so it can’t jump into new people.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 296 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.