fbpx

Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Home Forums Miscellany Community Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Gov. Kate Brown just ordered all Oregon businesses closed, except groceries, pot shops and liquor stores! Factories can still stay open, that’s us, but I’m wearing a mask.

HA!
      Grocery stores for FOOD, LIQUOR Stores so you have something to wash it down with, and because POT will make you Very Hungry… and POT will keep you Mellow if you don’t Drink… ^_^

EAT – DRINK – and Be MERRY! LOL!

Keep Safe Ms. Melody and everyone else there at Windstone!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
      Participant

EAT..DRINK..BE VERY MERRY!!!😂
        I hope everyone is well.I still have a mild cough but that’s probably all the pollen.Not taking any chances though.
        I set a table outside by my mailbox for deliveries I am expecting.FedEx man shouted thank you!He had on gloves and a mask.I make bodinetoo strip immediately when he comes home from work and get in the shower. I wipe down the door knobs,bathroom surfaces and wash his clothes after he is done.About all I can do but we should be good.😊 Stay healthy everyone.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Hi all! I edited the very first post in this thread with this information, but I’ll post it here too since we are already 7 pages in and it seems unlikely that everyone will go back and notice (I know I wouldn’t, haha!).

As this situation unfurls, it is important to know that there are many unknowns out there about this virus, and as a result, misinformation (both intentional and unintentional) is spreading like wildfire on the internet. Please, if you share information here, do your best due diligence to check it factually to the best of your ability. I am disappointed to say that even some of our leadership are advocating for truly bizarre things (I am thinking of a county commissioner here in the USA that genuinely suggested people breathe in hot air from hair dryers– don’t do this) so, it is more important than ever to check and make sure misinformation does not spread, as sadly, in this situation, it has the ability to do very real harm. The decisions people make in the next few weeks can literally mean life and death for others. Please stay safe and take precautions seriously.

Additionally, this situation is a world-wide historical event, and it is tense and stressful for many, especially those that have comorbidity with this respiratory virus, and/or are forced to continue to risk exposure due to their jobs. Be respectful of others and understand that based on the information we have in areas where this has hit hardest, fear is a logical and very human response. Please channel your feelings about this to help spread kindness and understanding to those wholes lives are effected (which will probably be nearly all of us before this is over), even in small ways. I will have zero tolerance for unproductive rudeness during this time. Please, folks, let us show each other the good side of our human natures during this time, which is due only to get worse. Thank you for reading.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

etruscan
          Participant

Thank you, Jennifer.

StormDancer
            Participant

Thank you Jennifer!

Looking for:
              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Ela_Hara
              Participant

I saw this quote by Professor and Author, Brené Brown on another site and thought it could put things into perspective for all of us:

Quote-by-Professor-and-Author_Brene-Brown

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

twindragonsmum
                Participant

“Let’s choose each other”

Well said!

tdm😊

tdm

StormDancer
                  Participant

I agree Ela_Hara!

Looking for:
                    "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

tig3r06
                    Participant

Thank you Jennifer!

And thank you Ela_Hara 😊💚

Natasha
                      Participant

Thanks Jennifer! Love the quote, Ela-Hara

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                        ANY Red Eyed Unis
                        ANY Test Paint Bat
                        UNIS:
                        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                        Male- Snow Leopard TP
                        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                        Mother: Okapi
                        Gothic - Mahogany
                        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Kim
                        Blocked

That’s a good quote! I just found out yesterday my chiropractor’s office closed on Fri but they are seeing people for emergencies. No massage is available though. It’s a hard time for me right now because I just got re-injured again. Two days ago when I was dog walking (the two dogs I walk for these ladies that live nearby), I had mine on leash on a path and a random dog came running towards us so I went over on the grass to avoid it and my dogs pulled me to try and see the other dog and I slipped on some ice and fell flat on my back and hit my head on the ground. Now normally I would not worry about something like that but I got up and felt dizzy and my head hurt and later it turned into my neck being so sore I could barely move it. This is after I already got whiplash from my car accident 4 weeks ago so just as I thought it was starting to get a bit better now it’s a lot worse. The last couple days I’ve been icing it but I can’t even lie down or get up from my bed without holding my head as I can’t lift it without help as the muscles are so strained. This is the time I could really use massage and physio but now it’s not open. My chiropractor said he would take me tomorrow as an emergency appointment but I’m not sure if that will help.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

Hope you feel better Kim. You might check and see if you are tight around pectoralas major. Sometimes I feel like my neck is tight as a hamstring and it’s referred pain from pec major being tight. You could gently work those muscles and see if you get some relief.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                            Sun Dragon Koi #3

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

I’m still surviving at Lowe’s but barely… I’m grasping at straws to try and take advantage of the paid leave they are offering but so far all my attempts have been denied. It’s horrendous here and every day is worse… we have no cleaning supplied to disinfect anything. I just try and hide from customers and not touch anything. I just got to watch a lady change a baby’s poopy diaper ON MY DESK because she was afraid our restrooms had Corona… What was she here shopping for? MULCH!
                              *fresh latex gloved face palm* I can’t with these customers anymore. Now I have a USED diaper rolled up on my desk and nothing to clean it with. I’m about to have a nervous breakdown.

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

sherry10151982
                              Participant

That’s gross Drag0n!! People can be horrendous sometimes. If you’re state issues a shelter in place order, will Lowe’s be considered an essential business? Well in our neck of the woods they’ve issued a shelter in place orders and I’m working from home and I feel blessed that I’m able to work from home. I’m also blessed that I still have a job; however, I’m going stark crazy cooped up in my house and I really miss my office!!

twindragonsmum
                                Participant

Drag0n darling do you have access to rubbing alcohol? Maybe some at home? Wipe down your desk and work area with the rubbing alcohol and let it dry in place – don’t wipe it dry. It will disinfect as well as bleach. Stinks to high heaven but it’s better than nothing. If you don’t have any/can’t find any let me know and I’ll send you some. (Stupid people; how rude! Your desk is not a changing station. If she didn’t want to use the bathroom she should’ve done that out in the car🙄🤬🤬). Stay safe (and we’ll)

tdm

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 296 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.