fbpx

Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Home Forums Miscellany Community Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    StormDancer
    Participant

DragOn that’s actually considered to be hazardous materials. I would definitely figure out who to report that to. The health department would be a good start, tell them what happened and make it clear you have no sanitation supplies at your place of work. Hopefully that will get them into Lowes to get things up to reasonable cleaning practices or it will shut the store down until this is over.

Looking for:
      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Dawn! That is SO GROSS and RUDE! You should have gotten a Manager and told THEM to remove the diaper!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

LZ
        Participant

Retail customers haven’t changed in 25 years, I see. I hated having to deal with disgusting pigs like diaper lady. And she is only adding to the spread of disease by doing that, just maybe not COVID.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Bodine
          Participant

I don’t think some people got the word there is a pandemic raging.THIS is putting many,many families at home at risk.Do you really need a grill right now? 6ft.apart rule doesn’t apply to some apparently.Can you imagine how bad it will be when folks get extra money??

20200328_1042292

20200328_1043222

20200328_1044333

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
            Participant

20200328_1046022

20200328_1046412

Think people,think….

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Yup… my store looks exactly the same way right now. We have record breaking profits. Our CEO bought a million worth of our stocks and refuses to close any stores. His 25 million dollar donation to the government is more like a bribe for them to turn the other way… I actually just got into a lot of trouble too but… I kind of dont care anymore.

I ran a petition on change.org for an additional 2$ hazard pay for lowes workers. It got 15K signatures in under 5 days and got my ass hauled into the office. I had to shut down the campaign but in doing do lowes agreed to pay every full time associate 300$ and every part time associate 150$ tax free… not as good as an increase but it was basically accept of get fired so… hurray for small victories I guess.

I’m trying to get my ER paperwork of my pulmonary hypertension to try and take leave but I doubt it will be approved.

I also just sold a $26K “essential” kitchen… I cant deal with these people anymore.

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bodine
                Participant

I hear ya.So sorry.

LZ
                  Participant

I really need some bags of grass seed now that it is warmer, but I can freaking wait! No one “needs” a grill.

The supermarkets are still packed daily here, every time I drive to and from work. I don’t understand how much people think they need to hoard. I went for the first time in two weeks for some milk and a couple other small items to spice up my food. I just don’t get it, maybe because I still get to go to work/allowed to leave the house??

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

There are some people here/where I live who are highly offended they have been ordered to shelter in place and others are simply ignoring it. This is basic science, separate the people slow the spread of the contagion. Unfortunately, unless you are in a hot zone, people don’t really believe it’s that bad. They don’t understand what’s going to happen as their area begins to ascend the curve. They simply don’t believe there will not be medical care for them if they need it. The DNR’s hospitals are looking at implementing scare me.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                      Sun Dragon Koi #3

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

There are some people here/where I live who are highly offended they have been ordered to shelter in place and others are simply ignoring it. This is basic science, separate the people slow the spread of the contagion. Unfortunately, unless you are in a hot zone, people don’t really believe it’s that bad. They don’t understand what’s going to happen as their area begins to ascend the curve. They simply don’t believe there will not be medical care for them if they need it. The DNR’s hospitals are looking at implementing scare me.

around here, they focus a little too much on the older and immunocompromised on our news so I think a lot of the younger people seem to think it doesn’t apply to them, the drunk girls in my earlier story didn’t think so…recently a lot people asked them to say more about everyone else so more people at least in our apartments are staying in since I think Wednesday….also we had two babies with it in our local news earlier in the week so people are keeping the kids in instead of letting them run around all over without a parent present……but I hear lots of people were still going to some our beaches that are still open, mom took a car ride with dad, they didn’t get out of the car but they said certain beaches were still packed, I know they closed some but I think Coronado and Carlsbad are still open….

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Bodine
                        Participant

The answer to 99.9 questions is $$$…
                          Many families thank you LZ💖

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

I’ll give it to the governor of Alabama, while she is still refusing to give shelter in place orders, she has at least closed the beaches and non-essential businesses…though there are somethings that could/should have been on the list that aren’t.

She is also refusing to close the state parks (the surrounding states have already done so). My husband is of two minds with it. He very much understands the need for the social isolation, but right now is on the way to having the best ever year at both his parks because of the record number of campers. One park has been at 95-99% capacity for almost two months (normal would be about 80%), the other is at 50% (normal like 25%). If it keeps up they both will stay in the black for most of the year (fiscal year started Oct. 1).

Most of his campers and day user have been reasonable about things, mostly sticking to their RVs, staying apart when hiking/fishing, respecting the playground/beach area closure. His coworker had one checking in the other day though…what a dolt…calling everything a hoax and getting in close and coughing all over him and the office. Poor guy is spooked to work the office now afraid of more idiots like that. There’s plenty of outside things to do, so my husband said he’d take the office when they have overlapping times. He’s not afraid to tell someone off for acting like an idiot in the middle of the pandemic. He does worry though because some of the people who are coming in are from areas that are hotspots. In fact, they had a brief scare (turned out the guest only had allergies) about a week and a half ago where he got in touch with the supervisors above him for guidance on what to do about them. It was passed up the chain as an example for why to maybe consider closing.

Our county just had it’s first two positive tests this weekend. We both think it was here all along and they were just hiding their heads in the sand not testing so it wouldn’t be here. The state is up to 720 positive tests now and if I saw the news articles from yesterday right have jumped to 10 deaths.

Bodine
                            Participant

We are talking about me going and staying at the Lakehouse maybe.That sucks.We can’t afford running two households but we might have to if they don’t at least limit the number of people there and make people space out a bit.Crammed in together at the registers is just plain stupid.Heaven forbid they close their doors and help protect families.
                              Bodinetoo marked down a sink and made a wash station for them.The company has no sanitizer,no hand wash areas,no gloves,no protections whatsoever.

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

We really need to do what Indiana just did and require all essential business to ONLY allow customers into buy essential products only and entry is refused otherwise. I saw some placed handing out tickets and only allowing customers into the stores 20 at a time and they are not allowed to buy anything that is not considered essential.

Howard County orders businesses stop selling ‘non-essential’ goods

The home and lawn care and décor and paint alone would get 80% of the people out of my store. We were projected to sell about 60K yesterday… we did 130K instead… we have been CRUSHING our goals and even if we closed for the entire month next month we would still be able to bonus for the quarter. THAT’S how much we are over out sales goals… the shareholders are dancing and in the mean time I got to watch a cashier cry in her car for an hour during my lunch yesterday. This is horrible.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bodine
                                Participant

Indeed.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 296 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.