fbpx

color shift GB baby kirin show off thread – 02/10/2016

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags color shift GB baby kirin show off thread – 02/10/2016

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    MandBsMom
    Participant

LupusLunae, you got my favorite! She’s gorgeous!
      Here is mine. She’s crazy! I’m open for trades for any from this batch. Her head and tail are the green/purple I believe. Lower legs is red/gold color shift. Her toes are green, and there are green scales on her too. Blue eyes and gold horn. These guys remind me of the raku style of firing porcelain.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

JynXx
      Participant

I got mine today too, woo! I like her but she wasn’t a favorite pick so I’ll consider trades – specifically looking for a purple one (esp white-faced) or the rootbeer brown & white ones with brown patches on the sides.

She’s a cute little thing with olive green-dark gold color shift leaves (with a bright green color at the center of some of the scales), reddish-magenta berry spots, and a magenta-copper patch between her ears behind her horn that matches the melon-pink color of her inner ears; grey metallic eyes and a gold horn. First pictures are with flash where you can see the sparkle paint; the other two pictures are without flash.

I didn’t participate, since this particular ki’rin was the only one I wanted out of the entire Grab! xD
        Congrats!! I hope you find a trade you’re looking for ♥

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
        ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
        ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
        ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
        ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
        ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
        ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Falcolf
        Participant

I Don’t know if it is different in other Provinces, because Kim’s fees seem very low to me; I am in Ontario. Hope that helped a bit. I guess the short answer is, you MIGHT pay tax when it crosses 😉

I am in Alberta so maybe it has something to do with taxes? Our provincial tax is 5% here but customs is federal right? I don’t know if maybe each province is charged differently though? Most of my packages come through customs in Richmond, B.C. so maybe they charge differently at the border in the east? I don’t think I have paid more than 10%. The post office told me that if something is under $100 value and marked a gift, it shouldn’t get charged customs but if it is over $100, even if it’s marked a gift it can be charged. I would say maybe 80% of the small boxes I have gotten in the last couple years haven’t been charged customs but most of the big ones have been charged.

Kim, that sounds about the same as here in British Columbia tax/duty-wise – although I have yet to ever be charged customs on a Windstone. (Knock on wood!) I did get charged bizarrely on shoes once though. Those were terrible shoes.

Bear that in mind though, I have never ordered anything worth more than $135 USD without shipping. I think my mom’s colour shift cougar was the most I have spent. (Student loans rather muzzle any wild spending although I plan on buying myself a super cool windstone as soon as those are dead! After over half a decade of the ordeal of paying those off, I think I’ll deserve it! (And also a trip somewhere really cool…))

I got mine today too, woo! I like her but she wasn’t a favorite pick so I’ll consider trades – specifically looking for a purple one (esp white-faced) or the rootbeer brown & white ones with brown patches on the sides.

She’s a cute little thing with olive green-dark gold color shift leaves (with a bright green color at the center of some of the scales), reddish-magenta berry spots, and a magenta-copper patch between her ears behind her horn that matches the melon-pink color of her inner ears; grey metallic eyes and a gold horn. First pictures are with flash where you can see the sparkle paint; the other two pictures are without flash.

Rylorien, yours looks like it is ready for a mask ball! 😀 Awesome markings!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Marianne
          Participant

I’m in BC too Falcolf! I live near the border which is why I was asking. Doesn’t take much to run across and do a pick up for me.

These babes are gorgeous. I’m having pangs of regret on not snapping one up but I am really hoping for some new Poads or an eBay dragon.
            As it stands I am still a grab bag virgin. 🙂
            Thanks for posting pictures of your new babies people. So lovely to look at.

Marianne

Rylorien
            Participant

She’s a cute little thing with olive green-dark gold color shift leaves (with a bright green color at the center of some of the scales), reddish-magenta berry spots, and a magenta-copper patch between her ears behind her horn that matches the melon-pink color of her inner ears; grey metallic eyes and a gold horn.

Rylorien, yours looks like it is ready for a mask ball! 😀 Awesome markings!

Right? Masquerade makes for a great name (and a convenient old school MLP reference!). Melody did a fantastic job with the details and color blends on these babies.

Kim
              Blocked

Nice kirins so far! I liked the solid coloured one!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Mary
                Participant

LupusLunae, you got my favorite! She’s gorgeous!
                  Here is mine. She’s crazy! I’m open for trades for any from this batch. Her head and tail are the green/purple I believe. Lower legs is red/gold color shift. Her toes are green, and there are green scales on her too. Blue eyes and gold horn. These guys remind me of the raku style of firing porcelain.

Pretty kirin, MandBsMom! One of my favs so far. I have to be patient & wait until Tuesday for mine to show.

etruscan
                  Participant

Mine says Tuesday too, but we’re probably going to get bad weather on Monday which could slow him down. *sigh*

Betrluk1
                    Participant

same here etruscan. mom and i both got one and ours are supposed to be here teusday but we got bad weather today tomorrow and teusday lol. my boyfriend got his already but he is in michigan. he got one of the root beer babies. its in the second group photo, top row, third from the left. he is posting his for sale in a day or two.

Ferlin1984
                      Participant

same here etruscan. mom and i both got one and ours are supposed to be here teusday but we got bad weather today tomorrow and teusday lol. my boyfriend got his already but he is in michigan. he got one of the root beer babies. its in the second group photo, top row, third from the left. he is posting his for sale in a day or two.

I love the color on the root beer one. And a super cute name too 🙂

Hannah
                        Participant

Gosh, they are all so beautiful so far!! MandBsmom, yours is my favorite that I’ve seen yet – which is totally surprising because ALL of the other ones posted are on my wanted list! XD This seems to happen to me a lot. I should know better by now than to pick favorites before good pictures are taken!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Mercury Star
                          Participant

I am hoping for a Raku or Rootbeer float one, but honestly, knowing me, I will be happy with whatever I end up with, lol! XD

Betrluk1
                            Participant

lol i need to share something with you guys. so my boyfriend, made his add for his grab bag and posted it. i took one look at his photos and told him he needed to redo them, that they didnt show the baby off at all. he was so confused, typical male. i said the photos you took with flash are at an angle that only show the top half colors, and your non flash photos are on the shadowed side. they dont show off the color at all. so he is now grumbling and redoing good photos for later.

Rylorien
                              Participant

Ha! Betrluk! That’s hilarious.

Ferlin1984
                                Participant

Ha! Betrluk! That’s hilarious.

That is pretty funny.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 171 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.