Calling all model horse collectors!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Calling all model horse collectors!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne-Marie
    Participant

Nightcrow, your collection is beautiful, and so well done how u have them in color groups!!
      Luv the WE Griffins too !!
      Thank you for sharing your beautiful herd !!

Bodine
      Participant

I parted with all my Breyers but Carpe’Diem and repaints.My pinto is a replica of my favorite childhood toy.(Hartland) Only one collection at a time for me and Windstones reign supreme.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Nightcrow
        Participant

[i]Only one collection at a time for me and Windstones reign supreme[/i]

Very sensible of you, Bodine!  I should probably take a page from your book.  🙂

I forgot to list him, but I do have a NIB Carpe Diem as well.  Thought about breaking him out for the Shelf Of Blue, but I don’t think he’s blue enough…

Love the Hartland horse!  And the unicorn in the background – pinto??  Interesting!  The Sham repaint looks fabulous, too; if you’ve got a picture just of him, I’d love to see him!  I used to have a Sham conga line, and it’s still a sculpt I’m fond of.

[i]and so well done how u have them in color groups!![/i]

Thank you, Suzanne-Marie!  As the Lap Dragon conga has already proven, I really like things arranged in ‘rainbow order’ or ‘color spectrum’ groups.  🙂  It’s just so satisfying somehow!  Now I’ve got figure out how to display the ones that don’t fit in the group, though.  😛

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Zexious
          Participant

Bodine – I love your little herd!

I wish I had the self control to have just one collection. I just can’t help it D;!!

Got back from the show today! It was brutal–I got my butt kicked D; Oh well! There’s always next show (8

Suzanne-Marie
            Participant

Bodine, luv your horses !!
              Zexious, I am with you; I collect more than WE, but WE reins supreme !!
              Model Horses …Bodine, thank u for posting my photo of it awhile back.
              Faeries: have them sprinkled all over my house inside and outside!!
              Pica-Chu have a big stuffed one
              Animal Coins, Bird Coins, Faery coins, Unicorn Coins…

Nightcrow
              Participant

Zexious, you and I are both in the ‘not enough self control for that’ boat.  Sounds like Suzanne-Marie is in it with us, too.  🙂  How’s the show going/how did it go?  Did you win?  How many models did you take?  What classes do you like to show in (costume, halter, performance, other?) and who’s your favorite entry, or your most consistent winner?

I’ve never shown, but one day I’d like to!  My only painted Akhal came with an expired NAN card and 9th place ribbon, so I feel like he deserves to get back into the show ring some day…

Anyone else in the thread do shows?

Unrelated, but I did want to ask: Does anyone have a G2 Stablemate Appaloosa they don’t want?  I’m looking for one for a custom project, so any color is fine, and the rougher shape it’s in, the better, so long as no legs are broken.  Ears I can repair, and I’m planning to chop off the tail anyway so a broken tail would be more than OK!  I’d be happy to pay shipping if you could send one my way!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
                Participant

Reviving this thread because I’ve been feeling the Breyer love lately! Today I finally got my hands on one of my grail Breyers, the web special Swaps in silver bay!

Pictures to follow, once I figure out where he’s going to live!

Have any of you other Breyer fans here acquired new horses lately, and/or discovered a new grail horse?

Bodine
                  Participant

Nightcrow,this one?I scratched the images with a toothpick.😁

Point-Blur_May042019_180539

Point-Blur_May042019_180448

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

HA!
                      After reading some of the Breyer related threads and seeing everyone’s collections got me back on the Breyer Wagon (curses, I don’t have space for this stuff!)- at least for a little bit. I found some CM horses I just HAD to get! The painting of them was so realistic and wonderful! Also some of the more recent horses I like, such as the Othello draft. I recently scored a perfect 2007 Grey Othello Winter Song Holiday Draft (with all his Holiday trappings still wrapped) for $35 – at least I think that’s a good score.

I can’t believe how MUCH Breyer collecting has grown and become so complicated with shows and customizing, and how THAT has gotten so intense as well! I’ve gotten a couple striped horse to try and paint, and some less expensive ones to try my hand at etching too. Good Lord! I also don’t need MORE crafts to learn and do! I’ll get some photos posted soon.

Oh – and I do have some favorite Breyers from when I was a Teen still boxed up. My original collection of 150-200 horses got pared down to about a dozen or so. Once I get shelves up they will come out.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
                      Participant

Sigh … I had successfully avoided the Breyer horses until someone posted about the crystal Breyers. Until then I didn’t know that they existed. I now have a grand total of two, but that is two more than I expected to have!

Nightcrow
                        Participant

Bodine – What a neat idea! I couldn’t tell from the photo you posted that there was an image inside the blue area, but that’s so cool!

Ela_Hara – Haha, it’s a hard wagon to get off of, isn’t it? 🙂 I sold off most of my collection, but there are some I’ll never let go of… and a few more pieces have snuck in here and there! Congrats on your Othello drafter; I love that sculpt, and I haven’t found a Wintersong yet! (Well, I haven’t found one at a reasonable price yet…) I do have Fox Valley Oliver on this mold, though, and absolutely love him.

I would love to see your older models once they’re unboxed! And I need to post some photos of my latest custom, since I think she’s finally finished except for sealing. I’ve been sporadically repainting/customizing since the 90s, but I’m far from being an expert! I have several blank artists’ resins that I will have professionally painted one day, because they’re beyond my skill level.

etruscan – Oops, caught in Breyer madness again! Congrats on your crystals! Those came out after I had pretty much fallen out of the hobby (all my horses were in storage for years, due to lack of a permanent place for them), and so far I’ve resisted the call, but on the other hand my small collection of artist resins has certainly grown… There’s so much more variety now that 3D printing has become common; it’s really lowered barriers to creating new models without needing a large factory and complex machinery! The difference in what’s available, and the number of resin artists out there, between my early days in the hobby and the present is just amazing.

StormDancer
                          Participant

Sorry Etruscan that was me! But, they are so gorgeous! I still have the crystals and I love them. On page 2 of this thread is where I showed them off. The only thing I have added to my Breyer collection since then was the Crystal Andalusian.
                            One more that I really want is the Crystal in the Silver mold, but he has so far been way out of my price range!

Looking for:
                            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bodine
                            Participant

I would love to have one of the beautiful chrystal ones but not gonna happen.Too $$$

Nightcrow
                              Participant

I actually meant to post this in the “show your collection” thread, but I can post it here, too. 🙂

About two months ago my dad and I built shelves into the space above my mantel, so I finally have display space there!

photo of mantel shelves with windstones and breyers

Edit: Okay, I don’t know how to make the photo display full-size, but you can click on the attachment below to see it. Sorry, I’d mess with it more but I’m running late for work!

etruscan
                                Participant

Very nice!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.