Calling all model horse collectors!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Calling all model horse collectors!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

hahaha,only you Ms.Melody. I did not know you loved these so much.hmmm……..

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

StormDancer
      Participant

Lol, thank you Nightcrow and Landipan. I didn’t know they were a Breyerfest exclusive.

I’m not sure how many years Breyer has done them but I have always gotten mine thru sellers on ebay. It seems to me that Breyer  releases  one each year. I know there is at least one other that I chose not to get. I’d guess that there is at least one on eBay now with Christmas coming up.

Lol, nothing like enabling another addictive collection!

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

etruscan
        Participant

Yes, there are several crystal Breyers on ebay at the moment.  I’m still reminding myself that I don’t collect Breyers, but those definitely are intriguing!

Landipan
          Participant

They’re been doing the crystal mini breyers for maybe 4-5 years now I think? They have been bringing out a new own each Breyerfest, so if you like ’em expect to see a new one around July.

I just checked the Model horse sale pages and there’s 4 on there after giving the search a quick glance.

*Formerly meowmix101
            Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Nightcrow
            Participant

So… I see that at least one other person went running to Ebay after visiting this thread; good, I’m not alone!   😛

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Zexious
              Participant

I believe the first Crystal Breyer was made for the WEG in 2010, when it was hosted in Kentucky. I can think of about eight or nine releases off the top of my head, but I may be missing a few.
                I do like the crystal releases in theory; I like that they’re smaller than their plastic siblings, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in person, and don’t own any.

I just purchased this fellow. :’)

Melody – I hadn’t before considered the similarities between Stones and Windstones–at least in terms of their name. How funny! 😀
                Stones are made out of plastic (though they do occasionally release unpainted resin casts or resin ornaments).

StormDancer
                Participant

I knew there was at least one. They are beautiful. Easily the best looking, finest detailed crystal horses I have ever come across.

Here is a photo of Brishen (traditional sized Breyer) Highest point of mane is 8  3/8 inches high. And the Crystal Gypsy Vanner miniature of him. Highest point of the crystals mane is 3 1/8 inch high.

Suzanne-Marie, Loving that white Breyer circus set. That is another on my someday wish list.

Bodine thats a beautiful porcelain too!

Nightcrow, I think the Grey Othello you mention is actually one of mine. He is the 2007 Christmas Breyer Wintersong. I just remove all the Christmas stuff during most of the year as it is great at collecting dust that is hard to remove. I love the Othello sculpt as well. There is one NIB on eBay now.

Zexious, great looking addition to your herd!

Looking for:

Nightcrow
                  Participant

Wow, StormDancer, I *love* Brishen’s color!  He actually looks a lot like the PYO Unicorn I own, haha!  I keep meaning to post that Uni on the forums and see if anybody can identify the artist…  there’s a name on the bottom but I don’t recognize it, and there’s no forum name.

Zexious, your new purchase is lovely!  Is that a Stone model?  The older I get, the more I find myself drawn to glossy models; not sure why, but it’s definitely a Thing for me.

Dashesndots/MandBsMom — your Premiers are gorgeous!  I’m so behind the times, I didn’t even know that the Connoisseur line had ended and been replaced, but those are gorgeous models.  I owned 3 Connoisseurs, but sold one (Sand Dollar), so now all I have left are Bold Impression and Wanderlust.  I dream of finding someone who would trade me a Silver Knight for my Wanderlust one day…  🙂  Paints aren’t usually my thing, and Arabs aren’t either, but I’m very attached to Bold Impression for a number of reasons – he was my first Connoisseur model, to begin with, and he actually arrived with flawed paint on his coronet band and I had to send him back for repair/replacement right after he arrived; and though I’ve sold most of them now, he looked GREAT leading the Huck Conga back when I had more of them!

(I am Definitely Not thinking about building it up again… I always wanted a High Wire and a Polaris…  And I love that black Huck from the “Color Crazy” event, too!  Anyone else here a big Huck Bey fan?  Who’s your favorite release?)

Tomorrow or Sunday I should take some pictures of my remaining conga lines.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

StormDancer
                    Participant

Thank you Nightcrow, I love Brishen’s color too. And yes I love the Huckleberry Bey sculpt as well. I have High Wire, Polaris and Paradigm along with the mini crystal version. I had the Arab Stallion too but when I moved 8 years ago  he mysteriously disappeared. So at some point I will be getting another. I’ll post a picture of them tomorrow.

Looking for:

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

I used to have Breyers on shelves all around my childhood room but as an adult, I found Peter Stones or really PS Arabians and here’s the boys…

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

StormDancer
                        Participant

Fatalbeauty, Those are beautiful. I have never collected Peter Stones, but he does have some great sculpts!

Here is the  photo I took last night of  Paradigm, High Wire, Polaris and the mini crystal version of the Huckleberry Bey Sculpt.

Looking for:

Bodine
                          Participant

Gosh,they are all so gorgeous!

This is Ms.Suzanne-Marie’s palominoes.

Suzanne-Marie-Year of the Dragon measures 10.25 x 7.25 x 3.25

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Suzanne-Marie
                            Participant

Luv seeing everyone’s collections !!
                              They are all so gorgeous !!
                              Stormdancer, your collection is so swesome and displayed so beautifully !! I too luv the porcelain Breyer Circus Ponies; just got the Palomino Circus set in November; need to up-date my model horse collection as I added a few more not in photo.
                              Melody, your model horses you and your daughter have are magnificent; a varied range of vintage to modern.
                              In 2018 I will get a new iPhone with better camera for pics; thank you Bodine for posting them for me.
                              My favorite Breyer model is the Running Stallion, the 1960’s Glossy Charcoal my top fav. of all !!

Melody
                              Keymaster

Breyer cows

Two of my old  Breyer cows. The rest of my cows are lost. Probably out in somebody’s corn field

Zexious
                                Participant

Ms. Melody – The cowssss! I love them xD!

Lovely pieces, everyone! I so love seeing what everyone’s got <3

Just sent off a handful of my SMs/LBs to a show for the weekend. I took Overall Reserve in the Mini Custom division at the last one I attended, so we’ll see what happens this time around!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.