fbpx

Calling all model horse collectors!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Calling all model horse collectors!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    MandBsMom
    Participant

fatalbeauty, I love your tweaked/altered arabs…..give it lots of chrome/white and gloss it and I am in love! I have probably twice as many more than my photos in another room/boxed up, but the ones in the photos are my favorites/show horses.

I had no idea the Breyer crystal horses were small like that! I honestly didn’t pay attention. I wasn’t really interested in them because I thought they were bigger, but now I may have to acquire some…..:) Something about their smaller size speaks to me.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

StormDancer
      Participant

Congratulations on acquiring the Beautiful Circus Palominos Suzanne-Marie!

Melody I love the Bulls!

MandBsMom, someday when you get the rest of your herd out of their boxes I would love to see photos of them. I understand what you mean by keeping the favorites out where you can see them all the time. I put my favorites in the rooms I spend the most time in. As I run out of space I appreciate the Crystal Breyers more and more because of their tiny size. Good luck, if you decide to get some, in acquiring the ones you love!

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Suzanne-Marie
        Participant

Melody, luv ur cows !!
          Zexious, good luck with ur up-coming show !!
          That’s awesome you took Reserve Champ in Custom Mini Division !!
          Stormdancer, thank you for your nice compliments !!

StormDancer
          Participant

I just used my birthday funds to get 2 new breyers. A CM Breyer Gypsy Vanner painted to a black (blue) roan appaloosa by Montecello Studios and the Crystal Andalusian…

Now to find a place to put them!

Looking for:

Zexious
            Participant

Wow, that CM GV is absolutely stunning! Congrats on your new additions!

The show went moderately well–took a reserve division champ in draft. :’)
              I also came home with some raffle prizes, including an unpainted resin, a handful of stablemates, and one of these guys:

Photo courtesy of IdentifyYourBreyer (which you should totally check out–it’s got a ton of eye candy! 😉 )

StormDancer
              Participant

Thank you Zexious. Congratulations on the reserve champ and the new additions to your herd!

Looking for:

Nightcrow
                Participant

Love that prize, Zexious!  I think the Marwari is definitely one of my top favorites out of all the new sculpts Breyer has been coming out with…

I only have one right now, but that will definitely change as new colors come out!  😀  Especially if they decide to do it in silver bay, or black without too much chrome, or a slightly-pearly grey like Milton, or a buttermilk dun.  Or red bay, liver chestnut…  Yep, I have way too many weak points when it comes to horse colors!

I need to take some pictures of my little collection for this thread!  (I culled most of them last year, needing money and space more than models, but there were a few I couldn’t bear to part with.)

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
                  Participant

Well, guess who just bought herself a new Breyer.  Guess I’m officially back in the hobby!  😀

I actually bought two – the “Smoke & Mirrors” set with a grey Oasis and white Goffert – but the Goffert model will probably be for sale once he arrives; except for Huck, I don’t care for the models with stands.

I’ll definitely post pictures when they arrive!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Zexious
                    Participant

Oh, yay! How exciting! I’ve always loved that set (especially the Arab! I recently won a Sara Moniet who came from the NPOD)!!
                      Definitely post pictures when they arrive, Nightcrow.

I’m actually off to a model horse show this weekend! It’s supposed to be a pretty competitive one, so we’ll see how it goes! Keep you fingers crossed for me, I want to come home with big ribbons 😉

StormDancer
                      Participant

Oh nice. I have the smoke and mirrors set. They are beautiful together and apart. I keep them together but I do like the Arab much better.

Zexious, good luck on your show!

Looking for:

Nightcrow
                        Participant

Oooh, good luck at the show, Zexious!  Take some photos of your show string for us to admire.  🙂

Thanks, StormDancer!  I’m not the biggest Arabian fan overall, but that model was calling my name!  (The only variation that appeals to me is the head down + flowing tail version, and I LOVE black and grey models!)  Which reminds me, I need to finish arranging my downstairs shelves and take some photos of the models there.

Now I just have to be patient, and hope that the icy weather doesn’t slow down their arrival!

I may have also just bid on another Breyer on Ebay…

Nightcrow
                          Participant

Okay, I took pictures!  My new floors are in, but I’ve been a bit lazy about organizing everything.  But work was closed early today, so I made today my “get this area sorted out” day.  Behold my entertainment center:

Closer view of the left side:

Closer view of the right side:

Please excuse the random bits of plastic and greenery in the bottoms of my shots; all of my beautiful plant pots are living on the coffee table right now because it’s too cold outside for them.

There are also model horses on the small shelf by the staircase:

In case you thought I only liked realistic colors, now you can rest assured: I also like blue.  🙂

Photos of the bedroom and craft room models will have to wait until I clean up my bed and craft room, alas.  :/

etruscan
                            Participant

Some people look at the horses and some people look at the books.  A Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes fan?

Nightcrow
                              Participant

Haha, so true!  Though I look at both – I was so close to commenting to ask about the “CAT” manga in someone else’s picture!

I’m definitely a Holmes fan (My cats – not pictured – are named Holmes and Watson) and I collect books that are Holmes fanfiction.  Behind that row are a couple Irene Adler Mysteries, and the 2-volume Complete Sherlock Holmes as well (gotta have the canon).  Lots of Peter Wimsey, too.  I’m not a huge mystery reader, but I have my niches.  🙂

Nightcrow
                                Participant

A few more pictures!  Here are my bays, chestnuts, and buckskins.  (With one lonely, though lovely, dun.)

These, along with the ones in the photos above, are most of what’s left of my collection.  I do have a few special pieces that aren’t pictured, though; notably, three Connoisseurs (Bold Impression, Wanderlust, and Golden Boy), three NIB Breyerfest models (Mego, Bold, and Naranda) and one out-of-box Breyerfest model (Tseminole Wind), Freedom the bloody shoulder Arabian, some CM Stablemates (mostly by me) and a CM Little Bit TB (not by me), and four unpainted Akhal-Teke resins (stallion by Thompson, stallion by Ekemen, and 2 Tokhtamysh by Bazhenov, one of whom is for sale).

I’ll try to post pictures of the rest of the gang sometime this weekend!  Meanwhile, everybody should definitely post photos of their collections for us to sigh over.  Most of the collectors in this thread probably have way more than me; please post and let me live vicariously through your herd!  🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.