fbpx

Bug reporting

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Bug reporting

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 425 total)
  • Author
    Adaneth
    Participant

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jasmine
      Participant

Thanks Snap!!! :snappy:

Kelly
        Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ yep, that worked. Thanks, Snap.

Pam

Why is there a blank post above every topic? Also, do we get notifications for topic replys anymore?

etruscan
            Participant

As far as I can tell, the blank posts are to identify the person who started the topic (made the first post). I suppose it seemed like a good idea …

Pam

Isn’t that a bit redundant? The first post will identify the topic starter 100% of the time unless we have the ability to delete our own posts.

Pam

test 1

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

The blank posts was a bug… (Clay posted about that in the ‘about this website’ page)

I don’t know if we’ll get topic replies anymore (Clay question)

And I think post staggering is here to stay but I am new to this as everyone else right now. We’ll do suggestions after everything is actually working properly! XD

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

(Edited)
                      I tend to agree, but I didn’t design it. Yes, you can get around the stacking by clicking the reply at the bottom; sorry I just totally forgot to point that out. The way it is set up it allows people to directly reply to other’s posts since we cannot use the ‘quote’ button anymore…

There used to be a little toggle so you could see the html options but it’s disappeared. Could be it’s getting fixed. (so, I don’t know) I know the BBCode from the old forum was causing some super serious breaking over here when they were importing stuff over so it’s probably one of the bugs they are working on.

I see our DrupalDragon is online right now so things are more than likely being fixed at this very moment. Just takes a little while. ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Pam

The staggering in this case is useless and space consuming IMO.
                        EDIT: I can get around staggering by clicking post reply at the very bottom of a thread instead of clicking the reply button on someone elses reply.

Also, what html tags are allowed? I could not get code tags to work.

Pam

test 3

Pam

test 4

Pam

test 2

Pam

OH!! I figured it out! At the very bottom of the page you can customize how you view threads.

Flat list collapsed – A list of all replies by post date, actual reply content not shown. No staggering.

Flat list expanded – Probably what everyone will prefer to use as it’s what the old forum was like. All replies (with content shown/expanded) are displayed in a list by post date. No staggering.

Threaded list collapsed – Just like flat list collapsed, but the replies are arranged based on what reply you replied to.

Threaded list expanded – The default setting. Theoretically this should be just like threaded list collapsed but without collapsed posts. It appears to be broken though because replying to a post further up still puts my reply at the bottom of the thread, instead of after the reply I replied to.

Jennifer
                                Keymaster

Thanks! I am still pretty clueless, this helps a lot! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 425 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.