fbpx

ART CARD SWAP 3 – Cards Posted!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps ART CARD SWAP 3 – Cards Posted!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • Author

T H E M E : “Spirit of Nature”
    Going with the seasonal thing, I was thinking of something to do with spring and growth. I always want to keep it open and general so that people can incorporate fantasy within the main theme (since that is what is bringing most of us all together) but its not a requirement! It’s just a starting point and you can take it in any direction, near or far.

Send by Date: June 27th, 2011
    But please let me know if you will be joining in by responding to this thread.

How Many Cards: 1, 2 or 3 (For each one you create, you get one back, its totally up to you)

Medium: Any!

How it works…. You will create one, two or three cards (2.5″x3.5″ ONLY) using any medium and style you like, the only requirement is SIZE. Once your cards are complete, PM me for my mailing address and send NO LATER than June 27th. Once I receive cards from everyone who signed up, I will swap them out and you will receive the same number of cards you submitted in return.

Guidelines:
    ON THE BACK of your cards, please include:
    your name/signature and forum name. that way, people who receive your cards will know who created it.
    Anything else is up to you… be creative, that’s what this is all about!
    Any type of paper is allowed, but it always makes for a nicer card if its a bit thicker like cardstock. You can find pre-cut cards at stores like Michaels, Aaron Brothers and other arts and craft supply stores, but its easy to just cut your own!

Remember:
    Include your return MAILING ADDRESS somewhere other than on your original envelope. It would be nice if it were on a sticky mailing label (that has not been stuck yet) so that all I have to do is stick it onto a new envelope to mail back to you. (I always worry that I can’t read handwriting or I write something wrong!)

SIGN UP by responding to this thread. I may PM you with time sensitive details, especially when I get everything ironed out about mailing details and approaching deadlines.

Thanks everyone!!! I can’t wait to see what you all come up with this time!
    <3

kitsunelady
    Participant

I’ll do it. =D

pegasus4240
      Participant

Me, please. πŸ™‚

-- Angie

bayoudragon
        Participant

I’m in! πŸ™‚

Stephanie
          Participant

I’m in!

Skylover
            Participant

I’d like to join too!

Just wanted to ask a question though. Can we have a little more time beyond June 6th? That’s less than a month, and on any given weekend (which is usually the only time I have to do that cards) I can have a lot of distractions especially with holidays. Thanks!

Hannah
              Participant

I’m seconding what Skylover said – I really want to join but if I’m hesitating because I already have a few commissions that I need to work on that will take priority. I can see myself still working on them 6 weeks from now so unless we can get a little more time I’m going to have to pass πŸ™

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

bayoudragon
                Participant

I wouldn’t mind a little more time either. πŸ™‚

oops! i miscounted my weeks! thanks for catching that. i was counting for 6 weeks and ended up putting the 6th as the date.. ahhhhh! darn pregnancy-brain! okay, lets do Monday, June 27th instead? does that give everyone enough time?

(and i am so excited to see so much interest!! πŸ˜€ )

Leigha
                  Participant

I’m in πŸ™‚

YAY!! New swap! XD I’m in. Since I’m out of cards that Pegasi so generously gave me, where exactly would precut cards be in Michael’s? I know I wouldn’t find it even if it bit me… :big grin:

Hannah
                    Participant

YAY!! New swap! XD I’m in. Since I’m out of cards that Pegasi so generously gave me, where exactly would precut cards be in Michael’s? I know I wouldn’t find it even if it bit me… :big grin:

Hear hear! I have no idea where to find those cards either >< Do they come with their own plastic sleeves or do we need to purchase those somewhere else?

I am in πŸ™‚ Someone may have to kick me around a week before the send date though because my brother is getting married on June 25 and I'm making their cupcakes, helping the bride, planning her bachelorette party for a week before, etc etc.. it's going to be busy is what I mean!! XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Actually, I’ve only found them on the end of a random aisle in the store. You would think they would have them near the regular art paper… but I’m sure if you ask someone, they can point it out to you. Usually they have a little section with different types of stock for different mediums and different types of sleeves you can buy.

Someone may have to kick me around a week before the send date though because my brother is getting married on June 25 and I’m making their cupcakes, helping the bride, planning her bachelorette party for a week before, etc etc.. it’s going to be busy is what I mean!! XD

Congrats on your brother getting married! I will definitely be sending out a reminder PM one week before the send-date πŸ™‚

Skylover
                      Participant

Awesome! Thanks for the extra time. I’m definitely in!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.