fbpx

4/24 GBB Discussion/Share Thread!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags 4/24 GBB Discussion/Share Thread!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 465 total)
  • Author
    Bullsquid
    Participant

I was so lucky that I was able to snag one. I just woke from my pre-work (nightshift) nap, and decided to check my email, not really expecting them to have gone into the store so late.

I saw the In Stock notification email and was dismayed for a second, thinking that they would be sold out for sure. But there were 4 left! In the <2 minutes it took me to complete my order, the rest sold out. If I had checked my email even a minute later…

I'm so stoked for this batch. I love animal print and earthy colors, so these babies are perfect!

Carolyn
      Participant

I have no idea which I would love to have . I love the dark ones most . Clouded Leopard , King Cheetah , any orange one .
        Without green eyes or green jewel .
        I just feel in love with these . They are so pretty . Just going to have to wait and see what I get then decide on trade or sell . Ugh I only want one and I’m hoping to get one I’ll love . Save me the trouble of trading or selling the little darling .
        My first one ever .

Wampus Dragon
        Participant

I would be happy with anything that has STRIPES or big cat spots.

Specific types I like are: Tiger, Golden Tabby Tiger, Liger, Zonkey, Okapi, Quagga, Ocelot, Clouded Leopard, Red Panda, Zebra, maybe Bongo…

Things I would trade: African dogs, fawn, oryx, cuscus, anything with not enough stripes.

Waiting (im)patiently for mine now, as always. Melody is a machine if she painted this many. O.o I thank her but I DO hope she takes a vacation at some point, even if pam has to lock her out of the factory. 😑

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

Waiting (im)patiently for mine now, as always. Melody is a machine if she painted this many. O.o I thank her but I DO hope she takes a vacation at some point, even if pam has to lock her out of the factory. 😑

I second this! πŸ™‚

scenceable
            Participant

There is one unicorn, its face is like a gemsbok or oryx, and it has appaloosa spots on its back, and it has a PINk crystal. This one is my absolute favourite of the batch, if anyone gets it please let me know if you would like to trade! I’d be willing to pay you as well, although I assume most people would want to trade.

Edit: here she is.

The other Oryx type ones were my other favourites, and I like any unicorn that has a pink or purple crystal <3

Hope to see lots of pictures!!

Hannah
              Participant

Agreed that Melody should take a vacation!

I was just looking at older batches of grab bags, and when I saw the young unicorn batch (the first, from about a year ago), I about spit out my drink. She did MAYBE 50 unicorns for that batch, probably less, and seeing that picture right after seeing the 150+ from this batch was a bit mind numbing!

Edited to include class pictures of all the previous batches of grab bags, just for fun – I’ve put them in chronological order. I think the only batch we didn’t get a class picture for was the fantasy youngs (except for the second half picture, which I haven’t included here). Please correct me if I’m wrong!

COMPARE!

First Grab Bag Baby Unicorn batch (note that this is AFTER the goof up unicorns!)

First Grab Bag Young Unicorn batch:

Second Grab Bag Baby Unicorn batch (note that Melody started using a stencil for this batch so that the lines were crisper on the unicorns that had several colors, and more natural looking πŸ™‚ ):

Third Grab Bag Baby Unicorn batch:

First Grab Bag Young Poad batch:

Fourth Grab Bag Baby Unicorn batch (dubbed “Candy Corns”):

Second Grab Bag Young Poad batch:

Fifth Grab Bag Baby Unicorn batch (dubbed “Safari” or “Super Natural”):

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Skeeterdeee
                Participant

If I counted correctly, there were 36 in the first young uni batch. The original baby “goof-up” batch that started the craze had around 20 in the batch. If I line up my babies from first goof up baby to the candy corn, it’s amazing to see the progression of detail! Melody keeps working harder and harder on these little guys. I think the profits from this batch should go to a “send Melody to the beach” fund. πŸ™‚

scenceable
                  Participant

The detail on the newer ones is amazing. From a few large, quick airbrush spots in the first batch to tons of meticulously hand painted stripes in the most recent. Definitely worth the price increase πŸ™‚

It’s kind of sad there aren’t more group photos of the youngs though! But they don’t photograph in a big circle quite as nicely either I suppose.

Melody you should definitely take a vacation. Somewhere crazy, like Amsterdam, go wild xD

briteblades
                    Participant

Mine shipped today so I’ll hopefully get him on Saturday! *crosses fingers*

Lupuslunae
                      Participant

Very nice, briteblades! Mine still says it’s processing, but Susie posted somewhere saying that most shipping will be delayed a bit. I can’t wait for mine, I need a distration from school work. Gah, isn’t it summer yet?

Aquasage
                        Participant

I managed to order one! Fingers crossed.

Amy
                          Participant

Mine hasn’t shipped yet, but I live in Washington, so it shouldn’t take long once it’s in the mail.

And here’s my wanted pic: ATM, I have one I’m interested in, so if anyone gets it πŸ˜‰ I’m sure more will crop up once pics are posted, but this is it for the time being.

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Well, here are my picks. I’m loving the Red Pandas, the leopards, ocelots, cheetahs, and some of the tiger striped ones too. I really like that one that’s almost all black with the stripes on the legs and the faint markings on the back as well as the red pandaish looking one with the stripes on the legs. I don’t know what sort of animal it is based on, maybe an okapi?

I’m sure there are even more I would like, (there always are) but by going by the class photo, these are the ones that jump out at me.

Photobucket

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Robin
                              Participant

I started going through the Livestreams and marking on the class photo which ones I would love to get. But, I found that I loved so many that my class photo was getting very crowded with circles. So I figured I would just wait and see who I wound up with. πŸ™‚

Hannah
                                Participant

I started going through the Livestreams and marking on the class photo which ones I would love to get. But, I found that I loved so many that my class photo was getting very crowded with circles. So I figured I would just wait and see who I wound up with. πŸ™‚

This is exactly the route I am going! XD there are a specific few that I REALLY love (The Fawns!!!) but otherwise I have the feeling that I will fall in love with most of them ^^

Also, Off topic a bit, but Robin do you have a larger image of your avatar somewhere? I think I can see a dragon, or a serpent, but I just can’t see the details to tell for sure and it interests me EVERY time I see you post! XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                                  Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 465 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.