2013 GB Young wants!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2013 GB Young wants!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 207 total)
  • Author

We decided to make these expensive because they are a lot more complicated than the last batch, and we are just about out of horns πŸ™
    There were 120 in this batch, and we have enough horns for another 100-ish, then that is it for the foreseeable future.

They resell for a decent amount though, so if you get one you don’t like, hopefully it won’t be very hard to find it a new home πŸ™‚

Sirithiliel
    Participant

My husband has a hard enough time letting me spend $130 on a GB baby uni, he’d completely kill me if i even thought about spending THAT much lol. Only reason i have the $200 saved up is because I sold two painting commissions just for the purpose. guess that’s free money for me now though haha

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I agree, it’s high, but considering the detail and what they have been reselling for I don’t think it is an unreasonable price. I don’t doubt they will still sell out at this price. Maybe not as quickly as usual, but they will still sell. The “unknown” factor is going to make it hard here though. I’m buying one, but if I get one I don’t like it’s going to be a disappointing buy considering the cost… now for the hard part *phew* Now that I ordered one, I have to figure out how to pay for it! LOL! I budgeted for about $300… hmmm… guess it’s ramen for dinner for the next few weeks ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Hannah
        Participant

I’m really disappointed. Not only that these are what I would consider an insane price (I wouldn’t even pay this much for an aftermarket unicorn), but because clearly Windstone didn’t listen to their customers who begged for 2 batches. At $360, to give us two distinct different types of unicorns in one batch and not give us an option? It’s insulting. I think I’m going to be sticking strictly to PYOs from now on, because this has all gone just too far. Sorry Windstone, you’ve outpriced me and lost much of my business.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kiya
          Participant

I was surprised by the $360, but given how much work went into them, I can’t say it’s unreasonable.

They were never talking about putting them in for less than double the old price in the discussions I’ve seen and that would have been $260.

I agree that it’s risky – but given most youngs resell for $300-$500 (ones with much less elaborate patterns), I think we’ll be able to rehome them if we don’t love the ones we get.

Christine
            Participant

I know the old price was $100 something, and I knew they’d get more expensive, so I had $200 saved up. But this is far out of my price range…I really, really, really hope the grab bag dragon batch is cheaper, because I want one of those badly but if they’re anything like this, I need to let that go….

I do believe the last batch was either $160 or $180. I can’t really spend double that, even if I got to hand-pick my favorite out of the batch. Much, much love, but weren’t the GB items meant to be for people who can’t afford ebay pieces?

I’m not sure when Windstone decides the sale price (I FULLY RESPECT your need to make a profit off of the work done!!!!!), but if I had known the price was going up so much ahead of time, before seeing so many I would be thrilled to have, it wouldn’t have been such a letdown when I ran to the breakroom computer to place an order.

Sirithiliel
              Participant

I was surprised by the $360, but given how much work went into them, I can’t say it’s unreasonable.

They were never talking about putting them in for less than double the old price in the discussions I’ve seen and that would have been $260.

I agree that it’s risky – but given most youngs resell for $300-$500 (ones with much less elaborate patterns), I think we’ll be able to rehome them if we don’t love the ones we get.

I’m sure it is a reasonable price, but sadly it’s way far out of my range. I’ll be sticking to PYOs too, unless the Grab Bag dragons are within a decent price range that I can snag one

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

pawpad, I did text dragonlove. I haven’t heard back yet though.

I can’t say I am dissappointed by the price. Sure it’s a lot, but I think they are worth the work and worth the amount. I’m sure if I get one I don’t like someone will happily rehome it. I’m not worried about a loss on the investment is basically what I’m saying. I just hope I get a good one I love so I can just be happy with my purchase ^_^ LOL! Other then that, I’m just glad I was around when they came out before I missed them! WOOT!

Okay, back to work!

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I agree, it’s high, but considering the detail and what they have been reselling for I don’t think it is unreasonable. I don’t doubt they will sell out at this price. Maybe not as quickly as usual, but they will still sell. The unknown factor is going to make it hard here though. I’m buying one, but if I get one I don’t like it’s going to be a disappointing buy considering the cost. *phew* Now that I ordered one, I have to figure out how to pay for it! LOL!

I’m not saying it’s unreasonable, but it’s significantly higher than I expected, and I was one of the ones considered on the high end when prices were being discussed. Paying $360 when you *know* what that you’re getting what your heart is set on is one thing. Paying $360 for a “surprise” that may not be a happy one is something else entirely. That’s part of why the resold prices are higher.

And as has been mentioned, the point of grab bags was to give those who couldn’t afford eBay prices a chance at something one of a kind. This is definitely out of the reach of many of those who can’t afford the eBay auctions.

It’s not unreasonable, but neither is it aimed at the lower end collectors. That’s fine, if disappointing. While I think they will sell out, I think there’s going to be a lot of very sad fans right now who were hoping they’d finally have a chance to get a Young, only to find that they’re still priced out of the market.

It’s depressing, but I’ll get over it.

Kiya
                  Participant

dragonlove got one! (I’d PM’d her).

So you guys are all off the hook. πŸ˜‰

Sarah
                    Participant

dragonlove got one! (I’d PM’d her).

So you guys are all off the hook. πŸ˜‰

YAY!!! I was really fretting that she wouldn’t get one… was writing out a message to Susie that I won’t have to send now. Yay, thank you! πŸ˜€

Christine
                      Participant

I AM worried about a loss on my investment. Some of the prettiest Fantasy Unis from the last batches have not gone for this much on ebay.

Without a choice between Fantasy/Safari, the risk of getting safari (do not want), combined with the price, is a total dealbreaker.

I’m trying really hard to respect Windstone’s decision on the pricing, but it’s hard not to feel completely suckerpunched.

The only place I can find ANY number being thrown out, is when a member speculated they might be up to $300. Windstone never had anything to say on the matter, that I could find anyway–and I looked because I was trying to figure out how much to budget.

It took me 10 full minutes to accept that the price wasn’t a typo.

Skeeterdeee
                        Participant

The “unknown” factor is going to make it hard here though. I’m buying one, but if I get one I don’t like it’s going to be a disappointing buy considering the cost…

Ditto. I don’t have any gripes about the price. If I KNEW that I had just ordered a candy corn I wouldn’t be feeling so crappy about it. If I open the box and it’s a safari corn, the other side of the world will be able to hear my mournful cry. πŸ™ I DID order one because it’s the only option there is to try to get one of the candy corns. πŸ™

yolanda
                          Participant

I’m really disappointed. Not only that these are what I would consider an insane price (I wouldn’t even pay this much for an aftermarket unicorn), but because clearly Windstone didn’t listen to their customers who begged for 2 batches. At $360, to give us two distinct different types of unicorns in one batch and not give us an option? It’s insulting. I think I’m going to be sticking strictly to PYOs from now on, because this has all gone just too far. Sorry Windstone, you’ve outpriced me and lost much of my business.

I kinda agree here and on another post. Its deffinately too pricey for me and I think a bit too high period.

Some people wanted one batch, some people wanted two. In the end we decided it would be a lot simpler to just make it one large batch. There were 300 people who pressed the notify button, and only 120 unicorns! It would also cut down on Susie having to cancel orders for all the people who would have inevitably ordered from both batches without realizing that they should only order from one batch. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 207 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.