fbpx

2013 GB Young wants!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2013 GB Young wants!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    pdlucich
    Participant

I actually could have gotten one, but the price put me off. Disappointing. However, Windstone will still get a stay-in-business boost from this, which means I will still get a chance at something later (waiting for white hatchers!). Now I will go to amazon and console myself with some books…

It's not hoarding if it's books!
      Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

yolanda
      Participant

I agree, it’s high, but considering the detail and what they have been reselling for I don’t think it is unreasonable. I don’t doubt they will sell out at this price. Maybe not as quickly as usual, but they will still sell. The unknown factor is going to make it hard here though. I’m buying one, but if I get one I don’t like it’s going to be a disappointing buy considering the cost. *phew* Now that I ordered one, I have to figure out how to pay for it! LOL!

I’m not saying it’s unreasonable, but it’s significantly higher than I expected, and I was one of the ones considered on the high end when prices were being discussed. Paying $360 when you *know* what that you’re getting what your heart is set on is one thing. Paying $360 for a “surprise” that may not be a happy one is something else entirely. That’s part of why the resold prices are high.

And as has been mentioned, the point of grab bags was to give those who couldn’t afford eBay prices a chance at something one of a kind. This is definitely out of the reach of many of those who can’t afford the eBay auctions.

It’s not unreasonable, but neither is it aimed at the lower end collectors. That’s fine, if disappointing. While I think they will sell out, I think there’s going to be a lot of very sad fans right now who were hoping they’d finally have a chance to get a Young, only to find that they’re still priced out of the market.

It’s depressing, but I’ll get over it.

I also kinda agree with joliesdragons. I cant afford one now that’s for sure and especially if I get something I definitely don’t like or cant trade for something I do. Time for me to step back it is getting outta hand.

Matryoshka
        Participant

I’m not sure why its the customers who should have to pay extra $$$ because of Windstones horn shortage issue.

I bought one but i’m not confident about my decision, especially as this is a mixed batch- the chances of getting a unicorn I’d like are very slim.
          Fingers crossed I can get my money back via resell if it turns out to be a candycorn. The AU dollar has gone down lately (after being equal to the US for so long) add $30 shipping costs- this cost me $440AUD all up >.> There’s no way I can spend even more money than that by trading.

Bottomline; this isnt a purchase that makes me happy- just super worried πŸ™

yolanda
          Participant

I will stick with the smaller more affordable grab bags unless those get way to high for me to afford them too. I did think that grab bags were supposed to be more affordable to those who couldn’t afford to by the higher priced items on ebay.
            I sure hope the grab bag dragons when they come out wont be this expensive……..that will make me cry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiya
            Participant

I’m really disappointed. Not only that these are what I would consider an insane price (I wouldn’t even pay this much for an aftermarket unicorn), but because clearly Windstone didn’t listen to their customers who begged for 2 batches. At $360, to give us two distinct different types of unicorns in one batch and not give us an option? It’s insulting. I think I’m going to be sticking strictly to PYOs from now on, because this has all gone just too far. Sorry Windstone, you’ve outpriced me and lost much of my business.

Some people wanted one batch, some people wanted two. In the end we decided it would be a lot simpler to just make it one large batch. There were 300 people who pressed the notify button, and only 120 unicorns! It would also cut down on Susie having to cancel orders for all the people who would have inevitably ordered from both batches without realizing that they should only order from one batch. πŸ™‚

I think, unfortunately, no matter how this went some people would be disappointed. :/

I’ve paid at least this much for several PYO commissions – I think Melody’s hand painted work is worth at least as much as a PYO. πŸ™‚

Hannah
              Participant

Some people wanted one batch, some people wanted two. In the end we decided it would be a lot simpler to just make it one large batch. There were 300 people who pressed the notify button, and only 120 unicorns! It would also cut down on Susie having to cancel orders for all the people who would have inevitably ordered from both batches without realizing that they should only order from one batch. πŸ™‚

And yet what STILL bothers me and will always bother me is that you guys didn’t think about the points we were making – we knew these were going to be expensive and that is entirely why we wanted a choice. How is it fair to those of us with lower incomes to gamble THAT much on something? It’s simply not fair. And before anyone argues aftermarket pricing, I think it’s already been brought up that the last batch of fairly expensive babies did not bring the aftermarket prices that we’ve seen in the past. It fluctuates so much that it’s a non-argument.

My opinion is of course my own, but this certainly puts the nail in the coffin that I’ve been feeling descend for quite some time. I’m not going to be spending my money on Windstones directly from the company any longer unless it’s to get one specifically to paint. I’m sorry – but you’ve lost me as a customer. I’ll miss everyone, but I’m going to close the forums now and not look back for a while. My voice means nothing here anyway.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Shotzy11
                Participant

I am not sure about getting one either.. if I knew I was getting a safari one I would take the jump and buy one but now I am not so sure! Ugh… what to do.. you never know if you can trade for one especially with a lot of forum members not buying…

Kiya
                  Participant

And yet what STILL bothers me and will always bother me is that you guys didn’t think about the points we were making – we knew these were going to be expensive and that is entirely why we wanted a choice. How is it fair to those of us with lower incomes to gamble THAT much on something? It’s simply not fair. And before anyone argues aftermarket pricing, I think it’s already been brought up that the last batch of fairly expensive babies did not bring the aftermarket prices that we’ve seen in the past. It fluctuates so much that it’s a non-argument.

My opinion is of course my own, but this certainly puts the nail in the coffin that I’ve been feeling descend for quite some time. I’m not going to be spending my money on Windstones directly from the company any longer unless it’s to get one specifically to paint. I’m sorry – but you’ve lost me as a customer. I’ll miss everyone, but I’m going to close the forums now and not look back for a while. My voice means nothing here anyway.

Just because they chose not to do what was asked by some users, doesn’t mean they didn’t think about it. It seemed to me it was about a 50/50 split between who wanted one batch and who wanted two batches. Either way, 50% of the people would be unhappy. It was kind of a no-win situation.

The last batch of babies were also “natural” colors which, in general, have not been selling as well – but I don’t think I’ve seen any sell below the price paid (unless maybe they were damaged). So, while you might not be able to profit off of resell, you could certainly recoup your investment.

We actually did put a lot of consideration into making it two batches, and it was quite a while before we made the final decision. No one is being forced to buy these or gamble their money if they don’t want to. πŸ™‚ In the end it was just faster and [a lot] easier to make them one batch. We have already sold half this batch in just 60 minutes!

Christine
                    Participant

I’ve paid at least this much for several PYO commissions – I think Melody’s hand painted work is worth at least as much as a PYO. πŸ™‚

I agree with this, but when you commission an artist, you know what you’re going to get because you tell them exactly what you want. Melody’s work is second to none, but she does not take commissions.

The combo of: price increase + Fantasy/Safari combined + can’t even be sure if someone will pay store price on the aftermarket = Sadness. I am NUTS over the GB Unis, and extremely sad to feel forced to pass this batch up, but those factors combined make me tap out.

Tinks
                      Participant

I broke down and ordered one! I am very concerned that I will get stuck with a $375 purchase that I’m not satisfied with. If I get a Safari/natural Unicorn I am willing to trade or sell. I Love the forums and the concept of grab bags. I hope everyone can enjoy this batch as much as the others(even with the price point.)

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

I’m sorry, but I think you’re being a little over dramatic. Windstone can price their pieces at whatever they like. They have bent over backwards to please their customers, especially the ones who have lower incomes. One per policies, etc. I think it’s about time they get their money’s worth for OOAK’s specifically painted by Melody. Yes, the price is high, but not every single thing they put in the store can be at the customers total financial benefit. Windstone is a company and they need to stay in business and maintain it. I think pointing the finger and yelling at them like that is insulting to them. We’ve been begging for theses for a long time, and now we’re gonna gripe about the price now that we have them in our grasp? I guess I was expecting that and I’m sure they were to to a point, but to say they lost a customer because they decided to do something other then what you wanted is a little extreme.

I dunno, like I said, the price was more then I was expecting too, but if you don’t want to spend the money then don’t buy one. It’s as simple as that. I am worried about the same things, I want a candy corn more then a safari, but I’m willing to risk it. Some others may not be. We got a lot of warning they were coming and time to scrimp and save. We were able to watch live feeds and chat and even had a chance to name some of them… in the mean time melody has to put her other projects on hold as well and that costs money as well. I think all of that time and dedication to pleasing their is worth something and they need to make a profit to continue their business.

Maybe next time they should just put them ALL on ebay. Then they will make even more money and not have to listen to everyone get angry about it.

I’m disappointed that everyone is being so inconsiderate to Melody, John, Susie, Pam, and everyone else who has been excited about this release to just have everyone dump on them like this.

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Rusti
                          Participant

Yow! I respect Windstone’s need to price things accordingly, but I was thinking something closer to $250. These are out of my reach even if I knew what I was getting. More power to y’all, both Windstone and the folks who decide to go for it!

Erika
                            Participant

Mreep…perhaps if they last until payday next thursday, I can get one… I’m kind of in the middle as far as price arguments go: yes, it is a lot, but yes, I do think they were justified putting the price where they did. Whether of not I’ll be able to make the hurdle, we’ll see, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love you guys and the work that went into these πŸ™‚

Christine
                              Participant

I may break down and order one too. Love of Unis is winning over, but this is the most expensive Windstone I’ve ever purchased.

I just don’t have super high hopes that what I pull out of the box is one of my fave 5 or so in the batch, for which I could justify the purchase price. I am hoping that it will be someone else’s favorite if not.

I think people who are sticking up for the price increase and those who are unhappy about it are all making good points. When all is said and done, I do respect Windstone’s need to make a profit off of beautiful work. That will never change.

If any of my comments have come off as disrespectful I apologize. I got pulled into what I try to avoid on these forums — GB drama!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 207 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.