fbpx

You can help with the Windstone Dealer page!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion You can help with the Windstone Dealer page!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

In previous threads, we’ve discussed that the Windstone Dealer Page, located here:
      http://www.windstoneeditions.com/Dealers/dealers.htm

…is somewhat out of date. There are a few reasons for this: foremost is that the Windstone Staff (or, in this case, Susie, as she controls this sort of thing) just literally does not have time to contact each dealer to find out if they are still in business or actively carry Windtones.

Some of you have volunteered to help! This is great!! This is what Susie had to say:

Quote:

So… if people want to help – just ask them to let me know if they discover that a store on our dealer list is closed, or has moved, or doesn’t carry Windstone anymore! They can email me what they find. That would be a HUGE help! I ask that everyone be patient while I confirm their findings (for example sometimes area codes change and we have the old area code on the telephone number so it rings disconnected – or a store isn’t really no longer carrying our stuff, they just order it every 3 years, they do stuff like that sometimes) before we update our list. Thank you very much – that would be a big help. I’ve printed out what was listed on the forum, I’ll start there!

If you contact for visit a dealer that is still open but does not carry Windstones, you can go a step further to help Windstone by asking if they will order more (do you want a scratching Emerald Peacock dragon but want to see him in person first? Try to get the store to order you one!). Often dealers stop carrying a line because there isn’t any interest or they don’t sell. If you can show you’re intersted (and you are), you might be able to get them to carry Windstones again!

But, if you encounter a store that has closed or just does not carry Windstone any longer (and don’t want to again), you are welcome to contact Susie. Please email her at susie@windstoneeditions.com. Please give her as much info about when you contacted/visited the dealer and which dealer it is when you email her, and please be patient. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for all the help!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

littleironhorse
        Participant

Well, I know a few that do currently carry Melody’s stuff but aren’t on the dealer list:

Galerie d’art l’Art-Iste
          600, Pierre-Caisse
          Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
          Quebec, Canada
          J3A 1N1
          (450) 348-5868

They currently have in stock several unicorns as well as a lap dragon and a fledgling in black gold.

CATJAM
          613-593-2043
          catjam20@hotmail.com

Last time I was there they had a male and hatching dragon in black gold, young dragon in rainbow, young unicorn, some cats and several wall sconces and candlelamps.

Bijouterie B.G. Deutsch Inc.
          200, D’Anjou
          Chateauguay
          Quebec, Canada
          J6K 1C5
          450-691-2616

Last time I was there they had a baby unicorn, hatching protoceratops, small wizard in peacock and some bookends.

I have spoken to all of them about the website and about contacting Windstone directly if they wish to keep carrying the line. But if any of you are in the area and want to stop by or call them, I think it would help convince them.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Great! If you can mail that to Susie, that’s be excellent! Or if you want me to, just let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚ I just don’t want to accidentally send it to her multiple times. ๐Ÿ˜‰

littleironhorse
            Participant

Would you mind? I think it might be simpler if all dealer related emails came from one person… less confusion…

pipsxlch
              Participant

Touch of Class in Altamonte Springs FL has closed, so they can be removed.

August Angel in Mount Arlington, NJ said they don’t carry Windstone when I called them.

Laurie
                Participant

Maryland dealers that can be removed:

R&W Gift Shop (301)496-1262, when I called they said they don’t carry windstones and were very rude
                  DREAM WIZARDS (301)881-3530, said they no longer carry windstones
                  RAQUEL’S, INC (410)727-7195, said they no longer carry windstones
                  JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL (410)955-5299, I visited both gift shops and neither has windstone products

littleironhorse
                  Participant

Do any of my fellow Canadians know of other stores that aren’t on the dealer list?

Since Windstone stopped using their wholesaler maybe they didn’t get a complete list yet. It would be great to see more Canadian locations on there.

Elena
                    Participant

Durands in Calgary, they are on the dealer list, still carry them, in fact they have and order in to the factory.

GFiend told me where another store was, but I haven’t had a chance to go check it out. I’m hoping to get out that way in the next week.

Well i can definately say that http://www.covenofwitches.com over here are stocking Windstone, they only have about 4 pieces atm though ๐Ÿ˜• . They have just ordered some more and are going to make lots of money because im going to buy them lol. Now i know about them i’ll order Dragons through them as well.

Laurie
                      Participant

That coven of witches place doesn’t respond to any emails. I figured they were out of buisness.

wolflodge100
                        Participant

I e-mailed them once when I was looking for the flap cats and they showewd them on their website. They did get back to me but it took a while.

pipsxlch
                          Participant

I stopped by a place- Yesterdays and Todays Inc. Antiques and Collectibles- in downtown Sanford FL. They had a few pieces. I bought a peacock hatching empress to try to eBay and make a few bucks, and talked to the proprietors. They said they’d been located up in Daytona Beach before, and carried the line then. They’ve since relocated here and do not plan on carrying it anymore, as they feel the recent price increase puts them out of their budget. ๐Ÿ˜• (they had 2 peacock young dragons for about $55, a mama emerald for $98, a small wizard don’t remember the color for $60ish, some card holders, and a hatching gargoyle egg for $24 if anyone is interested).

Notions and Potions in the Seminole Towne Center Mall in Sanford FL DOES have them now, though they only carry a few and do special orders.

I stopped at the Rennigers Flea Market in Mount Dora FL today, and spoke to a vendor there about them. She is VERY interested in carrying them, but says she approached the company a few years ago and was rebuffed, as there was apparently another vendor nearby (I have not found any, nor are there any very close on the Dealers Page). She would still very much like to carry the line, and was asking me if I knew as a collector or could find out if she’d be able to carry the line now. Her store’s name is The Magickal Muse, and it was an open pleasant store, with nicer pieces like Amy Brown fairies.

Jodi
                            Participant

pipsxlch wrote:

I stopped at the Rennigers Flea Market in Mount Dora FL today, and spoke to a vendor there about them. She is VERY interested in carrying them, but says she approached the company a few years ago and was rebuffed, as there was apparently another vendor nearby (I have not found any, nor are there any very close on the Dealers Page). She would still very much like to carry the line, and was asking me if I knew as a collector or could find out if she’d be able to carry the line now. Her store’s name is The Magickal Muse, and it was an open pleasant store, with nicer pieces like Amy Brown fairies.

If you send Susie the store’s contact information directly, you could get a free piece like I did. susie@windstoneeditions.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.