fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    Amy
    Participant

I feel your pain. ๐Ÿ™ It nearly hit 80 today, and last Friday it was snowing. That’s too much temperature change, WAY too fast.

Wow, that is nuts. Where do you live?

It was 84 in my dorm room yesterday. I’d have cried, but the tears would have evaporated and made it humid on top of everything else. ๐Ÿ˜›

Chloe
      Participant

I feel your pain. ๐Ÿ™ It nearly hit 80 today, and last Friday it was snowing. That’s too much temperature change, WAY too fast.

We are having the same crazy weather! Last Tuesday it was 82 degrees and sunny. Wednesday (the next day) it was 31 and snowing. I am not kidding. ๐Ÿ™

We finally had sunshine again today though. I will never complain about the heat, because I save complaining for the cold. ๐Ÿ™‚

Adaneth
        Participant

Wow, that is nuts. Where do you live?

It was 84 in my dorm room yesterday. I’d have cried, but the tears would have evaporated and made it humid on top of everything else. ๐Ÿ˜›

Minnesota, Twin Cities area, but that’s bizarre even for us. Ugh, 84 inside! Reminds me of one summer I worked on campus, and alternated between a scorching hot dorm room and the overly-air-conditionioned library.

Yes! Heat is bad, but the humidity is what’s really brutal!

Mercury Star
          Participant

I am so tired of being sick. It’s only the beginning of day sick, but it feels like months have gone by. At this point I have to admit my only real whine is the anti-biotic I am taking, and the fact my body isn’t recovered from being ill, and with this stupid pill, it will only make the recovery time take longer. Because this stupid anti-biotic is making me sick in other ways, and so I am going to be dealing with the aftermath when I finish the bottle. I hate pills.

Edit: Whoops, I meant day six, not day sick. I am going to leave that though, it’s amusing.

Setsunawolf
            Participant

So I get up early and get all my errands run! yay…then I do $600 worth of damage to my car, go to work, when I get home dog has a bloody eye and has ripped her stitches out from surgery yesterday. Jump in car, go to vet get dog’s butt stapled shut, eye ointment, and a e-collar (and I know I have one at home, but you think I could find it??? uh-uh) Get dog home, open door–step on cat’s tail. Get to class in time, but don’t have final papers graded b/c was at the vet all afternoon.

My life could be a bad comedy movie sometimes.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Amy
              Participant

I am so tired of being sick. It’s only the beginning of day sick, but it feels like months have gone by. At this point I have to admit my only real whine is the anti-biotic I am taking, and the fact my body isn’t recovered from being ill, and with this stupid pill, it will only make the recovery time take longer. Because this stupid anti-biotic is making me sick in other ways, and so I am going to be dealing with the aftermath when I finish the bottle. I hate pills.

Edit: Whoops, I meant day six, not day sick. I am going to leave that though, it’s amusing.

XD When I read that I was like, wait, so is that the opposite of when you wake up feeling sick, then you get better over the course of the day, and then by night you’re feeling sick again?

I’m sorry you’re feeling so lousy. And I’m familiar with the sorts of problems antibiotics can cause. My only suggestions would be to eat a lot of yogurt and take a pro-biotic pill once you’re off the antibiotic to help replenish your supplies of proper gut flora.

Falcolf
                Participant

It’s that time of year again. T_T

*Picture courtesy of Adaneth, who generously lets me use it every summer, XD

This picture is me, eeevery summer. I swear I’m a cold weather critter! (I should have been born a siberian husky in the arctic haha.) And I also recommend the probiotics, I had IBS something horrible in 2011 and food poisoning and the probiotics really helped me recover! Get the strongest ones you can buy (like a 50 billion bacterial cultures probiotic if possible)! I hope you feel better soon! D:

My whine: I have been unemployed for eight months. EIGHT MONTHS. You know you’re poor when finding $10 makes you hysterically happy. But – I might have a job soon. Might. Maybe. Ack! I am so looking forwards to the day when I won’t have unemployment as a thing to complain about any more! I sound like a broken record in all my letters to my friends out in Vancouver haha: “So, nothing has changed, how are you?” XD

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Amy
                  Participant

It’s that time of year again. T_T

*Picture courtesy of Adaneth, who generously lets me use it every summer, XD

This picture is me, eeevery summer. I swear I’m a cold weather critter! (I should have been born a siberian husky in the arctic haha.) And I also recommend the probiotics, I had IBS something horrible in 2011 and food poisoning and the probiotics really helped me recover! Get the strongest ones you can buy (like a 50 billion bacterial cultures probiotic if possible)! I hope you feel better soon! D:

My whine: I have been unemployed for eight months. EIGHT MONTHS. You know you’re poor when finding $10 makes you hysterically happy. But – I might have a job soon. Might. Maybe. Ack! I am so looking forwards to the day when I won’t have unemployment as a thing to complain about any more! I sound like a broken record in all my letters to my friends out in Vancouver haha: “So, nothing has changed, how are you?” XD

I’m sorry to hear about your employment woes Falcolf ๐Ÿ™ Not having a job is scary. What’s your possible employment opportunity, if you don’t mind spoiling the surprise ๐Ÿ˜‰

littleironhorse
                    Participant

That’s it! No more international selling! USA and Canada only!

Mexico buyer filed a claim on CDs that were shipped only 2 weeks ago. Never even bothered to contact me beforehand, just went straight to claim!

And sucker that I am, I agreed to use the cheapest shipping option to keep the buyer’s costs down, so obviously there’s no tracking. |(

I’ll probably end up forced to refund him. Not a large amount, but really bad timing since I had to spend nearly $500.00 in vet bills today, with another $200.00 over the next 4 weeks for ongoing treatment! Which I will spend happily and without hesitation if it helps my dog, but this is just crappy timing!

EDIT: Okay, so I replied to the buyer and told him that he shouldn’t expect the package for at least 4 weeks, and maybe up to 6 weeks from shipping date (Seems crazy I know, but it’s true. Takes forever to ship from Canada). And he just went ahead and closed the case. :~

I’m happy about it of course, but completely confused… :~

Tara
                      Participant

Maybe this was his first time shipping international (or the slow method) and got antsy. I know I start getting antsy when my packages don’t show when I expect them to. Having had some experience though, I know that shipping to Canada can take 2-4 weeks so I do my best to give the seller the benefit of the doubt. Even so he should have contacted you first and tried to resolve the matter privately before making a fuss about it. It’s not like the claim window was almost up and he had to open a claim or risk not being able to make a claim.

LuvsDragons
                        Participant

So….A local store had a Red Fire sitting spectral for sale. I have been eyeballing him for quite some time and finally decided to purchase him. Went in a got him…though I will say the clerk could have been a little more gentle when putting him in the box, and when I got home and take him out to dust him off a bit….he has a chip on his nose. It was not there in the store. So I don’t know if the paint was cracked and when I dusted him off it flaked off or it chipped in the box. I cannot find the chip at all. I am very bummed out and suppose I will have to see if I can get a refund on him. A little upset… :S

siberakh1
                          Participant

So….A local store had a Red Fire sitting spectral for sale. I have been eyeballing him for quite some time and finally decided to purchase him. Went in a got him…though I will say the clerk could have been a little more gentle when putting him in the box, and when I got home and take him out to dust him off a bit….he has a chip on his nose. It was not there in the store. So I don’t know if the paint was cracked and when I dusted him off it flaked off or it chipped in the box. I cannot find the chip at all. I am very bummed out and suppose I will have to see if I can get a refund on him. A little upset… :S

Oh no! Can you post a photo of the chip? There are many great repairers on the forum and someone might be able to assist in restoring him! The red fires are hard to do that with, but it’s worth looking into at least! drag0nfeathers and kyrin are just two of the talented Windstone repairers here and I know there are others (my brain just isn’t remember other names at this late hour). I’ve had pieces with small chips where the paint flaked just enough to only take the paint off before and not find the chip anywhere! Very annoying, but it has happened to me at least once before when the conditions were right (in my case, it was a second-hand piece, but repairable to the point of no telling it was fixed at all).

Copper83
                            Participant

So while I was eating dinner tonight, I started feeling kind of strange. I finally realized it was my heart. Checked my pulse, it felt irregular. Checked my blood pressure, 124/100, pulse 124. Yeah, my heart’s in a-fib again. This sucks! I don’t want to go thru this again. ๐Ÿ™

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

well I was waiting for my mother kirin which was coming today via UPS when I decided to go see if the mail had come for something to do….when I got outside, I see the UPS truck so I waited for him to come over….he then drives over to another part of our apartments…so I followed and asked him if he had my package for __, he said no he only had packages for ___ and ___….so I go bug UPS on the phone and they start trying to figure it out and say they’ll get back to me….well I check the tracking a bit later and it says delivered…I look, nope, nothing at my front door….

so I call UPS again, they said he had delivered it to an apartment nearby that’s not even close to my number….I go to go see and it’s the damn apartment I caught him walking down from when I asked him for my package…..another UPS number called back, I told them what happened and they said they’d put it in his employee file so I assume something will happen for his stupidity….

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin โ€“ Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Copper83
                                Participant

Did you get your package from the neighbor?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,863 total)
                                • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.