fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 1,636 through 1,650 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    WeRePaNtHeR
    Participant

I lost my job today. I went into my workplace to start my evening shift and was told by our new micro-managing young supervisor that my services of six years as a contractor security guard assigned to a local paper mill where no longer needed, that I need to leave the bldg. and call the main office in the morning.

I called the main office and they said I’m not terminated but I have been removed by the mill from my site position with them. I asked them why and they told me they can’t say. They offered me another position within the company over 50 miles away that wasn’t feasible. So basically they forced my hand to quit so I wouldn’t get unemployment or my vacation pay.

We only get our vacation pay on the anniversary of our hire date, mine was upcoming for this Jan. but if I quit or get canned I don’t get it, the co. does this I think due to it’s high manning turn over rate. Nice policy, not.

I visited the job center and they told me I should try for unemployment still because they think I have a good case as well as perhaps contact equal rights. So that is what I am doing tomorrow. I put in for a stocking position at Wal-Mart today and plan to job hunt at the center yet. As an honorable 10 yr. military veteran I plan to see what the VA can help with as well. There isn’t squat for jobs in our area, but hopefully I can find something to pay the bills and work at saving some and work my way into something better.

I’m really hurting but am glad to be done with such a rotten job. I also just got diagnosed with severe asthma and I think that is part of the reason they outted me.

At least living with my boyfriend I don’t have to pay rent or worry about where I’m going to stay and my pets and Windstones are safe.

I see now strawberry leopard 2 is up for auction (my idea to create) ironically when I have no chance of even trying for her. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be to get a melanistic leopard cougar or other spotty cougar.

Well, that’s my suck fest contribution to the forum. I’m sure things will turn around yet.

Forever seeking: plum, chili pepper, and tattoo oriental dragons and kirins.

jmoore
      Participant

Oh goodness, werepanther, I’m so sorry to hear all that! I hope things look up for you soon!

Dragoneer_88
        Participant

I lost my job today. I went into my workplace to start my evening shift and was told by our new micro-managing young supervisor that my services of six years as a contractor security guard assigned to a local paper mill where no longer needed, that I need to leave the bldg. and call the main office in the morning.

I called the main office and they said I’m not terminated but I have been removed by the mill from my site position with them. I asked them why and they told me they can’t say. They offered me another position within the company over 50 miles away that wasn’t feasible. So basically they forced my hand to quit so I wouldn’t get unemployment or my vacation pay.

We only get our vacation pay on the anniversary of our hire date, mine was upcoming for this Jan. but if I quit or get canned I don’t get it, the co. does this I think due to it’s high manning turn over rate. Nice policy, not.

I visited the job center and they told me I should try for unemployment still because they think I have a good case as well as perhaps contact equal rights. So that is what I am doing tomorrow. I put in for a stocking position at Wal-Mart today and plan to job hunt at the center yet. As an honorable 10 yr. military veteran I plan to see what the VA can help with as well. There isn’t squat for jobs in our area, but hopefully I can find something to pay the bills and work at saving some and work my way into something better.

I’m really hurting but am glad to be done with such a rotten job. I also just got diagnosed with severe asthma and I think that is part of the reason they outted me.

At least living with my boyfriend I don’t have to pay rent or worry about where I’m going to stay and my pets and Windstones are safe.

I see now strawberry leopard 2 is up for auction (my idea to create) ironically when I have no chance of even trying for her. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be to get a melanistic leopard cougar or other spotty cougar.

Well, that’s my suck fest contribution to the forum. I’m sure things will turn around yet.

Sorry to hear about your job. For lack of something intelligent and heartfelt to say, that sucks! Seems like a scary situation, but at least you have a loved one to fall back on. Maybe/hopefully this whole thing will end up being a blessing in disguise in the long run and you’ll find a better job. You seem like a strong person who can bounce back quickly and hit the ground running. Also, do try to apply for unemployment. Good luck!

WeRePaNtHeR
          Participant

Thanks guys, yeah, just gonna keep at it til something works.. oh the stress levels though are stiffling! I think it is a blessing in disguise though.

LadyFirebird
            Participant

That totally sucks!! I know the feeling–I was laid off 5 years ago. I hate companies that make the situation where they try to make it where you can’t collect unemployment. I say go for it–you may have a good case. Commuting 50 miles away isn’t that convenient and most of your pay would go for transportation expenses. Good that you have someone to fall back on–that helps but I know that awful feeling in the pit of your stomach of how are you going to pay the bills. Makes me mad as how companies treat their employees–they had people who were willing to work and they get rid of them. That’s what gets me–there are people out there who are willing to work but cannot find work because companies have some phobia about them–too old–health not good–single parent and the list goes on. I don’t see how they expect people to live–or maybe that’s it–they don’t want them to.

WeRePaNtHeR
              Participant

That totally sucks!! I know the feeling–I was laid off 5 years ago. I hate companies that make the situation where they try to make it where you can’t collect unemployment. I say go for it–you may have a good case. Commuting 50 miles away isn’t that convenient and most of your pay would go for transportation expenses. Good that you have someone to fall back on–that helps but I know that awful feeling in the pit of your stomach of how are you going to pay the bills. Makes me mad as how companies treat their employees–they had people who were willing to work and they get rid of them. That’s what gets me–there are people out there who are willing to work but cannot find work because companies have some phobia about them–too old–health not good–single parent and the list goes on. I don’t see how they expect people to live–or maybe that’s it–they don’t want them to.

Not sure if I’ll get it but I put in for unemployment today. I agree with you.
                I think greed and major coorperations etc. view humans as disposable whether that means getting rid of them from a job or ignoring or not properly addressing a health issue – they just want the people to go away and die and stop bothering them so their gears can keep cranking out money for the rich to get richer or something..

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Jeez that was a close one.

http://www.alexcityoutlook.com/2015/07/21/storm-drops-trees-power-lines-traps-park-ranger/

That’s my “backyard”. It wasn’t my husband trapped…we were out of town visiting my mom.

We didn’t have power until almost 3am.

Prezaurian
                  Participant

Compared to a lot of the whines here, this one is silly and trite…but I’m sure several of my fellow PYO painters have the same one. So here goes. -whines- I can’t get rid of the PYO pieces I’m selling! I know it’s a tough market and all but I just wanted to treat myself to a little self indulgent whining.

There, I’m done.

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

having stomach issues/sick feelings since Tuesday, not fun at all….;-;

4 things I'm looking for:
                      1. Mother Meerkat
                      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Prezaurian
                      Participant

having stomach issues/sick feelings since Tuesday, not fun at all….;-;

As someone whose been there, you have my utmost sympathies! That is never a pleasant time. I hope you recover soon!

Amstaff
                        Participant

Ok, so I wanna whine…

ITS SOOOO FREAKING HOT AND MUGGY HERE !!!! Ewwwww !! Im sso sticky and uncomfortable, and no many how times you shower… your always sticky again in seconds. There is NO breeze, and the air is thick its feels hard to breath…….. ahhhhh !!!

The power flickered here 2 times, I guess there is some lightening going on outside the city… must be heat lightening, unless its raining some outside the city.

Its 24 degrees Celsius, but feels like 34… thats 93 Fahrenheit to those who dont use Celsius. So it may not sound too hot, but take into consideration the HUMIDITY …. its 93% Humidity… its suffocating. Everything is sticky and damp. Cold drinks sweat and drip all over the place, and chocolate cant be kept outside of the fridge.

Ughhh…. I really hate this time of year. My hair looks like a fuzzy sheep dog !! No matter how much hair spray and even when its back in ponytail… its still all frizzy all over the place. And no, I dont have Air Conditioning… just fans.. which do help some, but the humidity… ohhh man….

Whine whine whine…. Cant WAIT for FALL to get here !!!

Kim
                          Blocked

Oh man I wouldn’t know what that kind of humidity would be like. In Calgary we have next to no humidity and it is always so dry here! I have to use eye drops and cream on everything just to keep some moisture in my body! I think it would be perfect to live somewhere with like half humidity rather than none or too much. So the last couple days it rained like cats and dogs here and even snowed a bit yesterday! But today and tomorrow it is nice and warm and sunny again so it’s weird we can go from winter to summer in the span of one day!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
                            Participant

I have nothing to whine about! :bigsmile: :p 😉 :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Amstaff
                              Participant

So the last couple days it rained like cats and dogs here and even snowed a bit yesterday!

Oh dear I need some of that, send some my way, lol !

Why is it every time I am am sick, i must be be sick for so long….been sick for two and half weeks and counting… and literally one third of this year so far…

And I’m freaking out. O_O My SSI got some adjustments for a new program I was enrolled in and so next month and the following I’m getting $114 less than I normally would. oh how am i gonna get my bills paid 🙁 I know it will be really great in the long run, when the state gets their part of stuff figured out but Aye, aye aye….
                                I have no idea how I am gonna make ends meet next month….

End of whine 😛

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                                www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                                Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1,636 through 1,650 (of 1,863 total)
                              • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.