fbpx

What's your typical day like?

Home Forums Miscellany Community What's your typical day like?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

We had them at our pet store a long time ago and we washed them with ferret glow. I want a baby one. Once they get too big they aren’t as friendly as they would be if they were handled alot.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Well that is like most things. Sometimes you have to experience it to know what it is like.

😯 So, ummm, I think I’m going to stop complaining so much about my mom. Despite the “you’re fat, are you pregnant again” comments and “is your overall health even that good?” sort of thing if I have a problem or couldn’t make the rent (happened a few years ago) she makes sure I am okay- will guilt me a LITTLE buit but if it’s something major she’ll look the other way and hand me the money with a “don’t tell dad I gave you this.” And she’ll buy me clothes since it’s a bonding experience and she has a say in it …all in all I’ve always thought my mom ruined me emotionally by the things she instilled in me (trust issues mostly) but in all honesty- she’s not a bad person and she’s not out to get me and I know she loves me- is exasperated with me sometimes, is disappointed with my inability to show more than mediocre financial stability- but she still loves me and is there for me if I need her. I am so sorry Ski and Drag0n!!

Personally, with Kyle I LOVE spoiling him and I can’t WAIT tot ake him to baseball practice or see him in a choir or watch school plays- I just can’t WAIT!

Skigod377
      Participant

I think I will need counseling if I am ever to forgive my mom. Do you think you and your mom will ever get along, Drag0n?

Now that I have a son, I try to be the best mom I can. Sometimes I dont help with homework as much as I should, and I let him play alot of video games… but he is loved and he knows it.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Well, I put up with her and always will because she is my mother, but no amount of conciling will ever make me respect her or fully forgive her. It’s kind of sad, but she’s hurt me and my siblings so many times I don’t think our hearts would ever truly heal. I’m personally hurt the most about her taking my money my dad left me and never telling me about it. I found out later from my sister because she was 24 at the time and knew about it all. When I confronted her about it she told me it was to put a roof over my head. When I asked about the million dollar life insurance policy and where that money went she started to cry and say how ungrateful I was.

I remember my dad had HUGE hands! He had this big ring with 5 diamoonds in it. When he passed away my mom sold all of his stuff and didn’t give anything of his to us. He had tons of stuff from Vietnam and lots of flashy mens jewelery. My sister happened to notice the ring on one of her friends parents and asked how on Earth they got the ring because it was our dad’s. No mistake about it. So he said he bought it from my mom for 2,000 dollars. My sister swore up and down if they EVER wanted to sell it she would pay them double what they did so if they ever fell on hard times to sell it back to us. Like 7 or 8 years later my sister’s husband (who was the drugdealer) bought it back from him for 5 grand as an anniversary present for my sister. (back then they apparently had that kind of loot) I was like 14 or 15 at the time and still living with my mom.

My sister got the ring, but she wanted to somehow share it with all of us, so she made 3 rings with 3 of the stones and a set of diamond earrings for me with the other 2 stones. My brothers and her each got a ring and then my sister gave the earrings to my mother for safekeeping until I turned 16 because I guess things were getting hairy around the house since it had been raided by the cops a few times and some things were taken. They were supposed to be a sweet 16 present for me. I found out when I was around 20 that her and my sister got into a huge fight when my mom claimed she had no idea what earrings she was talking about when my birthday came around. We still don;t know what happened to them, but whenever it is brought up she plays dumb and says she never got any earrings to hold for me.
          It’s things like that that I can’t forget, though I try to forgive.

None of my siblings have any kids yet and I know my sister and I don’t even want them. If I had a kid I would have to sacrafice EVERYTHING! I would want them to have the best food, the best schooling, and all the luxeries I never had. Truthfully, I don’t think I could give my child all I would want to so I don’t want one. Not any time soon anyway. I’m sure you are a good mom Ski =) As long as you love your kids and support them when they really need you, that’s all you really need. That’s what being a parent is, being the one person your kids can ALWAYS count on.

My sister’s friend, Penny, worked 3 jobs to put her kid through beauty school and buy her a car. Not that every parent should do that for their kid, but I would want to. She is REALLY annoying, but a great parent. She would walk through fire for her if she had to, ya know. I know my brothers would make good fathers if they ever have kids. The are both engaged, but I can only see one of them having any kids. It would be weird though =)

The only good part about our relationship is that someday when I do have a good job and have a sucessful life I can say she gave me absolutly nothing and hold my head up high knowing I never asked nor got any handouts from her and I did it all myself with no support from her ever.

I think I’d fall over myself if she ever had anything good to say about us “ungrateful childern” as she calls us behind our backs. I pretend I don’t know the things she says, but we’re all family and we all do still talk. Maybe not all together at once anymore, but there’s more gossip then highschool. It’s sad.

So Ski, why don’t you get along with your mom? Is that too personal of a question? I know I just laid out my whole life on this topic haven’t I? LOL! Noting in my life is much of a secret in my little town. When everything went down we were on the front page of the newspaper for like 3 days and I had to get frisked my FBI agents whe I went to school. The whole thing was really embarassing at first, but it’s been like 8 or 9 years since it all went down so now it’s just family history.

Got a busted Windstone?
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Tattoo Mother Kirin

Skigod377
          Participant

That is a very sad situation. I dont think I would forgive her, either. I will PM you my situation, since you just laid out yours, but mine may not be appropriate for some and I dont want to offend.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Sure! I can have a therapy session too =) Ever the therapists need someone to vent and talk to =)

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Re: Okami blatherings

I haven’t rescued any cat god yet! Nor am I ready to fight the Water Dragon, I am roaming around myself trying to find more stuff to do. like fishing and collecting demon fangs. πŸ˜€

I made some fan art, I love it so much. :E

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

vantid wrote:

Re: Okami blatherings

I haven’t rescued any cat god yet! Nor am I ready to fight the Water Dragon, I am roaming around myself trying to find more stuff to do. like fishing and collecting demon fangs. πŸ˜€

I made some fan art, I love it so much. :E

OH! Here’s a trick with demon fangs!!! On the loading screen that is blank, but paws randomly appear if you hit the X button, Keep hitting it as fast as you can and you can get demon fangs that way! I was really bored and figured that one out!

Oh! fishing! I love fishing, but I get so aggrivated with it sometimes Some of the big fish take FOREVER!!! LOL! I love the Koi fish =)

You have Okami Fanart??? Where???

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Getting into this really late because I just got out of the slave pits…

But wow drag0n…I’m sorry you went through so much crap and that your mom was such a poor parent. I can’t believe that a parent would do those things that you mentioned! My parents have done things that really screwed up my perspective for a long time — like making me feel that my self worth was completely determined by how well I did in school and work — but they always did the best they could and sacrificed a lot for their kids. It just astounds me that any parent would act as your mom did. But I think it really says something about your strength of character that after all that you’re focused on moving forward instead of looking back. πŸ™‚

Ski — sorry about your situation also. Its really hard when parents don’t live up to what they should be… But it sounds like you’re a great mom and Justin is very lucky!

SPark
                Participant

I think all this is kind of being a reminder to me that it could be worse.

I don’t really get along with my mom. The thing is, when I was a kid, she was the BEST mom I could have asked for, really. She did everything she should do to bring me up right.

The problem is that she hasn’t changed! When you’re six, or ten, or sixteen even you still need Mom to tell you have to live your life, sometimes. But not when you’re 28! But even though she’s kinda bossy and nosy and preachy at me, she’s still pretty good to me. So I should be greatful for that, instead of griping about how awful it is that she tries to lecture me like I was still a kid.

Skigod377
                  Participant

At least she cares about you. I think its kind of sweet, Spark… if a little annoying!

Maria
                    Participant

It’s awful your moms are such pains, drag0n and Ski. It makes me appreciate mine all the more. It’s great to have someone I can always ask for advice – whether it’s smart to take a big expensive Jeep offered as a birthday present or what tone of purple Xerxes’ ears should be. Not to gloat, but I gotta thank you both for letting me cherish my Mom even more!

Skigod377
                      Participant

I think you just live a charmed life alltogether, GB. You seem happy all the time. πŸ˜€

Maria
                        Participant

Somebody’s gotta be! Of course, you’ve noticed I can get annoyed at certain keyboards… πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.