fbpx

What's your typical day like?

Home Forums Miscellany Community What's your typical day like?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

We know you like to hang out on the forum, paint PYO’s, and cuddle your OW…

What other stuff do you typically do during the day?

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

HAHA! I love that photo!

Well, right now??? Everyone might be a little mad at my typical day. I’m unemployed in the technical sense at the moment. I had about 2 grand tucked up in savings when it all hit the fan, but had to spend quite a bit on Bubba’s when he went to the hospital. It felt like it all kind of hit me at once. Knowing I had no job I piled the majority of Bub’s bills on credit cards so I could pay my other bills till I find work.

See, my cousin really screwed me over in the job world and I WAS making good money restoring buildings. He just dropped off the planet after flaking out on me every few weeks here and there, so I guess I should have seen it coming. I don’t know what happened to him. All I know is he owes me a few hundred bucks and I haven’t heard from him since November. I’m guessing he’s back on drugs or something. Since then, I’ve been doing odd jobs here and there to get by for the past few months. I did a few tattoos, painted some PYOs (though truthfully, most of that was in trade or just spent on ebay again) and working weekends at the Flea Market (hangs head in shame)

I’ve also been selling crap that’s accumulated in my mothers factory over time from people who have been using it for a storage facility for the past 20 years and since abandoned their stuff. Since everything is on the market we’ve been cleaning house and I could imagine what Mel must feel like in her Windstone factory, though the stuff I find isn’t nearly as cool as Windstones. Some Hummels and Indidan dolls and a few other weird things I was throwing on ebay. I could sell a thousand ceramic molds, but nobody would buy them. I also have a bazillion fishtanks, litter boxes, and rabbit cages from a pet store we used to run decades ago. We’re going to need one of those HUGE dumpsters.

Somehow, it’s all been geting me by, but my mother just raised my rent AGAIN so it won’t last. She’s trying to put the pressure on us to move so she can move where my sister and I are. She wants us to find a house, but it’s just SO HARD! I had no idea it was this hard to get a house, and now that I’m unemployed, it’s even harder. Sa far 6 houses fell through for one reason or another. Inspections, realitor wars, and other buyers. We lost one today in fact, but I really didn’t like it anyway so I didn’t care. The price was really cheap, but it was a bad neighborhood with no parkeing. I thinkI was mostly just mad for the rent hike so my sis and I were going to put in a bid so we could just leave. Oh well.

Plus now that the holidays are over I will only be at the Flea one day a week now instead of two. My mom has no sympathy, plus we’re freezing our butts off cause th efurnace is broken and she hasn’t fixed it yet. I’d hate to see what kind of landlord she’s be if she wasn’t our mother. LOL!

So back, to the question, as for my day. Jobhunting, though I have to say I haven’t been really pressed this week with the holidays and stuff. I’ve been addicted to a PS2 game called Okami! Wicked cool….um…paiting PYO’s, watching anime, trying to make fursuit heads & costumes and basically being a bum. In the past week I played 31 hours of Okami according to my last save game, watched an entire 13 episode anime series, furred some of the wolf head and painted that new purple Ki-Rin in the PYO section. Oh and went to the mall and oggled gold dragons while I watched my sister spend money. =)

It’s great having tons of time to myself, but I’m afraid I’m growing too accustomed to it and not spending my time wisely. For not working I’m not getting the things accomplished as I should be. (painting and stuff) UGH! I have to find a real job, but deep down, I DON’T WANT TO! haha! Then I’ll NEVER finish anything!

Speaking of, I need to finish this, I’m getting way too rambly, sorry!!! I bet I typoed the crap outta this! LOL

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Skigod377
      Participant

Dang girl!! 31 hours on your game?? You may want to get a job just to get you away from that! ๐Ÿ˜† (no offense.)I love flea markets… Why dont you take your fish tanks there and sell them? You an your sis are trying to buy a house together? Its a good thing you lost the house in the bad neighborhood. You dont need neighbors like the ones you just left and buying a house is a big deal. Make sure you get something you want. I cant believe your own mom raised your rent. Evil land lord!

Maria
        Participant

You changed your profile again, drag0n! What’s this new one? Not that I’d recognize it anyway, but I’m sure you won’t mind telling me… ๐Ÿ˜€

Skigod377
          Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

You changed your profile again, drag0n! What’s this new one? Not that I’d recognize it anyway, but I’m sure you won’t mind telling me… ๐Ÿ˜€

I know the signature is ingredients for the human body.

Dude, I am glad that I have my mom. If she knew I was having a tough time she wouldn’t expect me to pay rent period. And I agree with Ski, you shouldn’t buy a house just to get out of that place you are in if you totally don’t like the new place. Bad neighbors or not in a good neighborhood is not a good thing. Who knows you might get all of your windstones stolen next time or lot of other things. Someone could harm your animals or harm you. And that wouldn’t be good.

Okami is AWESOME. I have something like 25 or 26 hours logged, but that’s since it got released a few months ago. I’m saving my money for that last special move…what is it, Brown Rage?

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I like to change my profile from time to time. It get’s boring if it is always the same. I always have some type of anime Avatar and my quote is always derived from the character in the picture. This one if from FullMatal Alchemist and Ski’s right. It’s the compnents on the human genetic makeup. I thought it was interesting.
              I wanted to do a FLCL avatar, but I could find a Haruko quote that I liked at the time…..Oh wait….I’m loosing everyone again aren’t I? hahaha!

So yea, my mom is a pretty awful landlord. Truth be told, we have always had a very bad relationship. Our family always spends every holiday together since we are a very small family, but fighting over money and this house stuff divided us this season. It was pretty awful, but my mother is VERY stubborn and my sister is equally as bad. Since they got into and argument a few months back, everyone basically was forced to take sides for Thanksgiving and X-mas celebrations. My sister & I on one side, and my step-father, mom, and brother in law on the other. My 2 brothers have just been trying to stay out of it, though they came and had dinner with us too. It’s a big mess. The sooner I move the better, but as you all said, I can’t jump on the fisrt house I find. We’ve been looking for almost a year now though. It’s nervewracking.

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

vantid wrote:

Okami is AWESOME. I have something like 25 or 26 hours logged, but that’s since it got released a few months ago. I’m saving my money for that last special move…what is it, Brown Rage?

Oooh! I don’t know that one!! I haven’t gotten that far yet. I was stuck FOREVER on the stupid tree blooming stuff in the town with the mist! I had no idea the last tree was the one on the old ladies head!?!?! I’ve been going back and colleting everything too so that took up alot of time. I just rescued the Cat God from the tower and now I have to fight the Water Dragon *blink blink* hehe, did I get too excited? Sorry everyone, but it’s a REALLY GOOD GAME! ๐Ÿ˜€

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

Dude, I am glad that I have my mom. If she knew I was having a tough time she wouldn’t expect me to pay rent period. And I agree with Ski, you shouldn’t buy a house just to get out of that place you are in if you totally don’t like the new place. Bad neighbors or not in a good neighborhood is not a good thing. Who knows you might get all of your windstones stolen next time or lot of other things. Someone could harm your animals or harm you. And that wouldn’t be good.

Yea, definately. I have to make some sacrifices if the price is right, but I also want to insure my collection if that’s the case.

You’re very lucky to have a caring mother! My father was the greatest! If he was still around I would have been already graduated from college and have some great job and buying all the new Windstones I wanted =) If it wasn’t for money my mom would probably be a very different person. She has never had a job in her life and has always relied on husbands to take care of her so she doesn’t realize how hard certain things can be. I try to understand it, but it gets very hard sometimes.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers wrote:

vantid wrote:

Oooh! I don’t know that one!! I haven’t gotten that far yet. I was stuck FOREVER on the stupid tree blooming stuff in the town with the mist! I had no idea the last tree was the one on the old ladies head!?!?! I’ve been going back and colleting everything too so that took up alot of time. I just rescued the Cat God from the tower and now I have to fight the Water Dragon *blink blink* hehe, did I get too excited? Sorry everyone, but it’s a REALLY GOOD GAME! ๐Ÿ˜€
                  Wow, that sounds like a pretty good game. Now you got me interested in trying it.

drag0nfeathers wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

Yea, definately. I have to make some sacrifices if the price is right, but I also want to insure my collection if that’s the case.

You’re very lucky to have a caring mother! My father was the greatest! If he was still around I would have been already graduated from college and have some great job and buying all the new Windstones I wanted =) If it wasn’t for money my mom would probably be a very different person. She has never had a job in her life and has always relied on husbands to take care of her so she doesn’t realize how hard certain things can be. I try to understand it, but it gets very hard sometimes.
                  Yeah, my mom and dad didn’t see eye to eye. My mom is very giving and she would do anything for us, but she also expects the same in return (that can be a tough one). My dad seems to be the same way, but he doesn’t have as much money. But he still calls us every week.

If you wanted to re-locate to Utah then I would have a place for you to rent. hehe

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

vantid wrote:

Wow, that sounds like a pretty good game. Now you got me interested in trying it.

It’s REALLY different from anything I’ve ever played. The basic gameplay is like any other typical adventure game. (Spyro the Dragon, Vexx, Crash Bandicoot) kind of like that, but the game is BEAUTUFUL! You bring the flowers back to life and make the sun and moon come out with all these different “brush techniques” by holding on of the R flippers and moving the analog stic you paint basic shapes on a canvas and do all kinds of cool stuff. You can upgrade weapons and learn new moves. It has a bit of everything. Not too short seemingly, and not ridiculously unbeatable. I like games that are tough to figure out, with puzzels and things, but not so hard you need a stradegy guide to figure it out. Some things took me a little while, but I got them =)

Got a busted Windstone?
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

vantid wrote:

It’s REALLY different from anything I’ve ever played. The basic gameplay is like any other typical adventure game. (Spyro the Dragon, Vexx, Crash Bandicoot) kind of like that, but the game is BEAUTUFUL! You bring the flowers back to life and make the sun and moon come out with all these different “brush techniques” by holding on of the R flippers and moving the analog stic you paint basic shapes on a canvas and do all kinds of cool stuff. You can upgrade weapons and learn new moves. It has a bit of everything. Not too short seemingly, and not ridiculously unbeatable. I like games that are tough to figure out, with puzzels and things, but not so hard you need a stradegy guide to figure it out. Some things took me a little while, but I got them =)
                    Yeah, I like games that I can figure out otherwise I get stuck and never finish them. Hmm, sounds like my bf might like it as well. Have to go to Hollywood Video and rent it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.