fbpx

What’s next on the schedule, Part 6 (for 2022)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What’s next on the schedule, Part 6 (for 2022)

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 588 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Beat me buy a couple of minutes! LOL!

To those who aren’t a fan of the Wild Dog patten, I’m sure this is kind of a test run of how a larger sort of grab bag item can be handled to keep folks somewhat happy and keep shipping/reshipping costs down.

I think it’s actually pretty genius to do it like this. That was everyone still gets a unique sculpture but they can choose what “general” schemes they want to buy.

Maybe down the road there will be a Tiger batch, a Quagga batch, etc. That way nobody is spending $400-$500+ on an items and getting something they are disappointed with. Ex. “I wanted a leopard and I got a giraffe and now I feel like I wasted a lot of money to get something I don’t care for”

This seems like a great way to avoid that issue… for the large items anyway.

I’m really looking forward to this one. The AWD pattern actually will coordinate with all four of my baby hippogriffs (leopard appy, dark brown pinto, golden zebra, and mutant zebra). Melody is so clever. 🙂

Ela_Hara
      Participant

YES! This is Genius to offer them this way!
        I wouldn’t mind an Appy one, but I know I’ll be happy with a AWD Hippogriff Mama!

Thanks Ms. Melody! ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Melody
        Keymaster

Beat me buy a couple of minutes! LOL!

To those who aren’t a fan of the Wild Dog patten, I’m sure this is kind of a test run of how a larger sort of grab bag item can be handled to keep folks somewhat happy and keep shipping/reshipping costs down.

I think it’s actually pretty genius to do it like this. That was everyone still gets a unique sculpture but they can choose what “general” schemes they want to buy.

Maybe down the road there will be a Tiger batch, a Quagga batch, etc. That way nobody is spending $400-$500+ on an items and getting something they are disappointed with. Ex. “I wanted a leopard and I got a giraffe and now I feel like I wasted a lot of money to get something I don’t care for”

This seems like a great way to avoid that issue… for the large items anyway.

I’m really looking forward to this one. The AWD pattern actually will coordinate with all four of my baby hippogriffs (leopard appy, dark brown pinto, golden zebra, and mutant zebra). Melody is so clever. 🙂

Yes I plan to do “semi-grabbag” batches of several different colors. I may not get to all the varieties, but I will paint more of these. If you aren’t a fan of the nutty wild dog ones, be patient! I may come up with something that suits you better.

Nightcrow
          Participant

I am so excited! I’m sure the AWD Hip-moms will be out of my price range, but every one I’ve seen so far is absolutely fantastic, AND I’m definitely looking forward to future “Semi-GrabBag” offerings! I loved it when Melody did that with the Sitting Orientals (Cool/Fantasy/Koi) and Cougars (Giraffe/Fantasy/Flame), and think it’s a great way to help fans improve their chances of getting a piece they love and be more willing to spend money on a higher-priced piece.

Plus I’m still hoping for a “one day” Grab Bag of Pebble Cougars in cat colors, and would LOVE it if they were divided up in some fashion to make it easier for me to choose among them! (White markings vs. no white markings would be ideal for me, but I could also roll with a Tabbies with/without white vs. Solids with/without white split… or even finer categories, e.g. no-white Tabbies/no-white Solids/white on Tabbies/white on Solids.) 🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Ann Marie
            Participant

I am so excited! I’m sure the AWD Hip-moms will be out of my price range, but every one I’ve seen so far is absolutely fantastic, AND I’m definitely looking forward to future “Semi-GrabBag” offerings! I loved it when Melody did that with the Sitting Orientals (Cool/Fantasy/Koi) and Cougars (Giraffe/Fantasy/Flame), and think it’s a great way to help fans improve their chances of getting a piece they love and be more willing to spend money on a higher-priced piece.

Plus I’m still hoping for a “one day” Grab Bag of Pebble Cougars in cat colors, and would LOVE it if they were divided up in some fashion to make it easier for me to choose among them! (White markings vs. no white markings would be ideal for me, but I could also roll with a Tabbies with/without white vs. Solids with/without white split… or even finer categories, e.g. no-white Tabbies/no-white Solids/white on Tabbies/white on Solids.) 🙂

Yes! I have two different cougars and wasn’t planning to buy more, but I might find a tabby cougar very hard to resist.

Magentas-Cat

Nightcrow
              Participant

Tabby Cougars are the perfect line between fantasy and natural grab bags, because by themselves they’re perfectly ordinary cats, but place them in a Cougar conga or a Pebble feline grouping and suddenly where the scale shows them as big cats, and they’re suddenly fantasy! 🙂

I’ve shared it before, but my oldest cat sits in the Cougar pose all the time, and I’m really hoping to one day own a Pebble that looks like him:

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Ann Marie
                Participant

Nightcrow, my late lamented Louie used that same pose a lot and had the same long legs. Tabbies are the best!

Magentas-Cat

TigreC
                  Participant

Tabbies are wonderful. I would buy a tabby pebble cougar in a heartbeat, especially if it had white paws like my cat Mario. I would also love a Lynx point Siamese pattern….oooo

BigCatKeeper
                    Participant

I am so in love with this new system. The cost is known in advance so people can plan to save or skip; the designs CAN be more focused if Ms. Melody chooses so people can wait for one they know they like; there is a system in place so the site doesn’t have frustrating crashes; the purchasing system is streamlined so Ms. Susie doesn’t have a mess to deal with afterwards… Bravo, Windstone Team!

I am soooo excited for this one!

One tiny squeek on the Hippo subject, though… I just.. am drooling over the ones that have a bird print upper body and a mammal lower. Might we see more of these?

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

I am so in love with this new system. The cost is known in advance so people can plan to save or skip; the designs CAN be more focused if Ms. Melody chooses so people can wait for one they know they like; there is a system in place so the site doesn’t have frustrating crashes; the purchasing system is streamlined so Ms. Susie doesn’t have a mess to deal with afterwards… Bravo, Windstone Team!

I am soooo excited for this one!

One tiny squeek on the Hippo subject, though… I just.. am drooling over the ones that have a bird print upper body and a mammal lower. Might we see more of these?

OMG – YES! I agree with you and his new system is So GREAT for all the reasons you mention.
                        Also the fact that Ms. Melody mentioned that other colors will most likely be painted for future consideration gives you the option of waiting to see if a future color would be more to your liking…. GENIUS! Major KUDOS to whoever thought of this new system! ^_^

Ms. Melody said in a previous post:
                        “Yes I plan to do “semi-grabbag” batches of several different colors. I may not get to all the varieties, but I will paint more of these. If you aren’t a fan of the nutty wild dog ones, be patient! I may come up with something that suits you better.”

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Melody
                        Keymaster

Well, I do have some like that, they are all individuals though so they would be a really random grab bag! We could offer them on eBay, but lots of folks hate eBay… Or possibly we could sell them individually like we did a couple of times with cougars and baby kirins. That would be a lot of work for Susie though! Each item would need to be made into a separate store product category, and that takes time. Wish we had some easy way to sell individual items!

Melody
                          Keymaster

Well, I do have some like that, they are all individuals though so they would be a really random grab bag! We could offer them on eBay, but lots of folks hate eBay… Or possibly we could sell them individually like we did a couple of times with cougars and baby kirins. That would be a lot of work for Susie though! Each item would need to be made into a separate store product category, and that takes time. Wish we had some easy way to sell individual items! Etsy is a possibility, but we are still too mad at Etsy.

PhillyDrgnLdy
                            Participant

I agree! I also love the new grab bag and waitlist systems. Especially knowing the costs up front!

Jade
                              Participant

I think people’s biggest issue with eBay is just that the auction-style stuff can go way out of price range along with the fact eBay allows for a sniping system – so basically whoever has the fastest internet at the last second wins. But if the spare Hippogriffs are buy it now, it would probably be better?

Would it be any less work for Susie though, doing individually listings on the site versus individual listings on eBay?

You guys COULD do like a waitlist sign up for an Oddball grab bag, like you did with the pebble loaf dragons? So just everyone else that doesn’t fit, could go in there? And then anything else that doesn’t sell can go to eBay?

Ann Marie
                                Participant

I’m reasonably satisfied with eBay, except for the sniping thing. But if items like these were sold one by one on eBay, Windstone could not keep the one to a customer rule they have been using lately, could they?

Magentas-Cat

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 588 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.