fbpx

What’s next on the schedule, Part 6 (for 2022)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What’s next on the schedule, Part 6 (for 2022)

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 588 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Posted by Gina on the “Windstone Editions Fan Club (Official)” Facebook page.
      Note – Gina accepting suggested names for this color and then people voting for the one they prefer WILL ONLY BE DONE ON FACEBOOK.
      Yeah, I feel like a second class citizen too. 🙂

Gina says, “Name that dragon! Just two finished atm, but I’m really enjoying this color (or is it that I’m 100% over summer heat and am ready for fall?)
      These dragons gather that final berries and fruits of summer (blue and purple detailing) and bring about the colors of fall!
      I’ll post a poll soon with my top 5-15 favorite suggestions for names (and this time I’ll make sure they haven’t been used before!)”

Windstone_test-paints_brown-green_dragons

Nightcrow
      Participant

Huh, they really look like an Old Green/Old Brown hybrid color! Although Stone/Prismatic Spring might also be valid. 🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

BigCatKeeper
        Participant

Those AWD Mamas are kiiiiiiillling me. I certainly hope there’s some sort of sign-up!

pipsxlch
          Participant

AWD mamas?
            Those test paints look sort of like Citrus and Stone hybrids.

BigCatKeeper
            Participant

From Melody’s Facebook page, posted early this morning (August 27). No idea when these will be available or how they will be sold.

Melody says, “Part horse, part lion, part eagle, and part African wild dog.”

Windstone_Hippogriff_mother-mare_AWD_side-2

From the comments – Melody says, “Here’s a different one from the front side.”

Windstone_Hippogriff_mother-mare_AWD_side1

These ladies! I know they won’t be cheap but I’m definitely going to have to splurge. I was thinking I’d try a different color pattern but I’m too much of a sucker for AWDs, and no one can paint their patterning like Ms. Melody.

Melody
              Keymaster

Dragon PYOs are being cast now! Soon!

Asterisktrine
                Participant

Keeping my eyes peeled for those hippogriff mothers. They are so so so lovely.

etruscan
                  Participant

From the “Windstone Editions” Facebook page, posted on August 30. It looks like these are Black Gold.

Windstone Editions says, “A Mini Keeper marching band”

Windstone_dragon_mini-keeper_Black-Gold_group_1000wide

pipsxlch
                    Participant

They are very sharp in that paint job! Hoping for not blue eyes in that case though, red would look good here.

etruscan
                      Participant

Posted by Gina yesterday (September 6) on the “Windstone Editions Fan Club (Official)” Facebook page.

Gina says, “Say hullo to Autumn Harvest! Soon at an eBay near you
                        What’s your favorite? I can’t help but love the armadillo 😂
                        Should the rest of the family exist? 🧐”

Windstone_test-paints_brown-green_Autumn-Harvest

linda
                        Participant

Those AWD Pegasus are just spectacular!!! This is an amazing piece!! 🤤 🤤 🤤 And that new TP color Autumn Harvest that Gina’s working on……just WOW! You guys are just creating some gorgeous 😍 stuff in that there shop!! As always!!

Kujacker
                          Participant

They are very sharp in that paint job! Hoping for not blue eyes in that case though, red would look good here.

You can see in the photo that they have blue eyes. I too greatly dislike the blue eyes in the black gold color.
                            I use to own the entire black gold collection (before more sculpts were made). Slowly sold some off… the biggest factor were the blue eyes. I love black colorations (and BG is my favorite from WS) but I couldn’t justify keeping sculptures I didn’t really care for when the eyes bugged me -that much-.

etruscan
                            Participant

Posted on Melody’s Facebook page on September 8 – another AWD mother hippogriff nd some information about plans to sell them.

Melody says, “Hippogriff mare painted like an African wild paint-spatter dog, in Halloween colors! I am planning to offer these as a ‘semi-grabbag’. A GB batch of African Wild dog hippogriffs. All wild dogs but all different. This will be the largest piece I’ve done as a grabbag… she will be kinda expensive! Makes me cringe.”

Windstone_Hippogriff_mother-mare_AWD-2_side1

From the comments – “… I can’t wait! Will there be a sign up ahead of time like last before with the last qilin batch?”
                              Melody’s reply – “Yes, I’m going to do that to get some idea of how many I need to paint.”
                              Comment – “I think you’ll be painting forever”

However, some people commented – “Sorry but I don’t care for this color combination. I’m probably alone in this assessment though” and ” you aren’t alone. I’m not a big fan of AWD colors. I’ll wait patiently for the next batch and hope it is something I like better.”

Comment – “How big are they ?”
                              Melody’s reply – “She’s 11 inches long, 6 inches high. This is the biggest piece I’ve done as a (semi) grabbag.”
                              [Note – Melody is calling this a semi-grabbag because, as she said in the caption for the photo, all the hippogriffs are AWD but no two are identical. So you still are gambling if you buy one.]

Comment – “How can we sign up for the grab bag?”
                              Melody’s reply – “We will have a ‘wait list’ button on our web site store. You can click on it. You will be added to the number of people who want one. That will give me some idea of how many I will need to paint. When these are ready to ship, Susie will send you an email with a password to access a secret spot in our store where you can buy one.”

Comment – “Do you have an approximate date on when you’re going to start the pre-sale sign ups?”
                              Melody’s reply – “Tomorrow? Maybe? Or next week.”

etruscan
                              Participant

Melody posted this photo to show the size of the mother hippogriff. She IS a big girl!

Windstone_Hippogriff_mother-mare-with-griffin_top

drag0nfeathers
                                Participant

Beat me buy a couple of minutes! LOL!

To those who aren’t a fan of the Wild Dog patten, I’m sure this is kind of a test run of how a larger sort of grab bag item can be handled to keep folks somewhat happy and keep shipping/reshipping costs down.

I think it’s actually pretty genius to do it like this. That was everyone still gets a unique sculpture but they can choose what “general” schemes they want to buy.

Maybe down the road there will be a Tiger batch, a Quagga batch, etc. That way nobody is spending $400-$500+ on an items and getting something they are disappointed with. Ex. “I wanted a leopard and I got a giraffe and now I feel like I wasted a lot of money to get something I don’t care for”

This seems like a great way to avoid that issue… for the large items anyway.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 588 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.