fbpx

What’s next on the schedule, Part 6 (for 2022)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What’s next on the schedule, Part 6 (for 2022)

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 588 total)
  • Author
    Jillian
    Participant

WowWow- Those tiger berry test paints are beautiful. Such a pretty color scheme. Can anyone explain how these color family test paints work? Are there only 1 of each figure made, ever? My heart longs for a Gothic Unicorn, and I love the nostalgic & summery vibes this color is giving me.

I’m very excited to see the sitting Qi-lin addition to the Windstone lineup, too! The eastern style unicorns and dragons are some of my favorites- stuffing away monies for the right opportunity to bring them into my small windstone family!

*For what it’s worth, I love the idea of being able to make producing new figures less stressful on the Windstone production team. I would gladly participate in ‘wait list’ style polling for various color/pattern themes in future grab bags. :>

Member Type/Orientation: Chaotic Creative/ Occasional Freelance/40hrDayJob

Wishlisty~Old Warrior/Stone::Rising Spectral/Violet Flame::
      ANY Peacock or White~I only have a white fledgling and several white PYO 😅 ::
      ** Matching pair of sun & moon oriental dragons**
      **test paint/Grab-bag ki-rin or gryphons**
      Grail: March 2023 raffle piece (a girl can dream!)

etruscan
      Participant

In theory it is possible for any test paint scheme to become a limited production or production color. In practice, especially for a more detailed pattern like “Tiger Berry”, the test paints will be the only ones ever made.

Each ebay auction for a test paint has a sentence like this in the description – Like with all of our test painted pieces, it is possible that we will paint more of these dragons [or unicorns, or whatever] in a color similar to this as production or limited production pieces in the future.

Since people pay high prices for test paints (and like having a unique piece), they sometimes get upset if a similar color with the same name is painted for the store. So, Windstone gives them a warning.

Jillian
        Participant

Oh- I’ve definitely seen the disclaimer on the auctions. Just curious if there’s any certainty that any of the given test paints will go into production. Seems that’s not currently in the cards to do so, and that’s ok.
          I would as happily buy existing production colors, when the ones that call to me appear within reach. ^^

Member Type/Orientation: Chaotic Creative/ Occasional Freelance/40hrDayJob

Wishlisty~Old Warrior/Stone::Rising Spectral/Violet Flame::
          ANY Peacock or White~I only have a white fledgling and several white PYO 😅 ::
          ** Matching pair of sun & moon oriental dragons**
          **test paint/Grab-bag ki-rin or gryphons**
          Grail: March 2023 raffle piece (a girl can dream!)

Embrie
          Participant

[blockquote]Just curious if there’s any certainty that any of the given test paints will go into production.[/blockquote]

On the eBay listings for Atlantis test paints, they did say they were planning to do that as a production color, with gold instead of copper.

Looking for GBs: loaf dragon; dark red-colored sitting grey wolf; baby ki-rins; sitting ori; fantasy qi-lin #154

Brenda Z
            Participant

I to would like to see Atlantis go into product.

Ann Marie
              Participant

So would I, but I think it would be a shame to switch to gold from copper. I have a couple of Atlantis items and the copper is beautiful and a nice change from gold and silver.

Magentas-Cat

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

This was similar to a suggestion I had. If Melody painted a couple of examples (say… 5-10 different mama colors) and then did waitlist style like the grabbag for each color, people could “sign up” for the one they wanted. Then Melody would know how much of each was needed/which was most popular and paint accordingly. Not each one would be completely difference, but it could be more like with the Bantam clones with slight variations. And people would for sure be buying something they were happy with.

Yes, this!

I was going to chime into this conversation with a YES to this suggestion.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Asterisktrine
                  Participant

I hope Atlantis becomes a production color sometime soon. It’s so so so pretty.

Melody
                    Keymaster

Oh- I’ve definitely seen the disclaimer on the auctions. Just curious if there’s any certainty that any of the given test paints will go into production. Seems that’s not currently in the cards to do so, and that’s ok.
                      I would as happily buy existing production colors, when the ones that call to me appear within reach. ^^

We add that disclaimer so if we really WANT to make any of these eBay colors as production, people are warned about it.
                      In the past we’ve made the mistake of painting some nice colors as limited editions. Wish we could still paint white griffins! -but those were a limited edition.
                      Even if we did decide to make colors similar to eBay’d ones, we would change them a bit so they ccould be distinguished from the original eBay ones.

Jade
                      Participant

Another thing to keep in mind is that extra complicated color schemes are never likely to be production. So, anything with heavy antiquing or stripes? Almost def not happening, as they become much too time consuming to replicate on mass scale.

Atlantis is that perfect mix of popular color + will still look good by trading in a new accent color (gold instead of copper) + not too complicated that makes it a great choice.

Pastel Rainbow is another one that started out as a test paint – and I think the way they differed from the TPs to the production is by reversing the way the rainbow went. The TPS are also more white heavy.

Mika
                        Participant

Ebay’s system is sneak-peaking queued auctions again. If anybody is dead-set on winning one of these here’s your heads-up!

Screenshot_20220818-135301_Gmail

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

Melody,

Curious if there is going to be a Halloween grab bag this year of some kind?

Halloween pebbles of some kind? Wolves maybe?

Or some night”mares” would be neat with some kind of unicorn sculpt. Youngs, Babies, Ponies… just trying to think of some neat ideas.

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

LC1972
                            Participant

YES! YES! YES! PLEASE & THANK YOU!! Too Dragonfeathers request Melody 🥹🥹😘

Brenda Lower
                              Participant

Just seeing if we’re going to get some of the dragon PYOs in the store soon? Just asking since the Fall swap assignments have been going out!

Also, I love the sneak peak to the Ebay stuff! that’s fantastic.

And YES to night’mare’ grab bag! I’d love that!

etruscan
                                Participant

From Melody’s Facebook page, posted early this morning (August 27). No idea when these will be available or how they will be sold.

Melody says, “Part horse, part lion, part eagle, and part African wild dog.”

Windstone_Hippogriff_mother-mare_AWD_side-2

From the comments – Melody says, “Here’s a different one from the front side.”

Windstone_Hippogriff_mother-mare_AWD_side1

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 588 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.