What’s next on the schedule, Part 6 (for 2022)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What’s next on the schedule, Part 6 (for 2022)

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 588 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

In my opinion, the sensible solution is to paint a batch of the mother hippogriffs in “old white” and a batch in basic black and put them in the store. People who have hippogriff babies can choose which color goes best with their herd and be done with it.

If anyone asks, they can make up stories about the mother hippogriff’s adventures that resulted in the different babies. 🙂

Ann Marie
      Participant

In my opinion, the sensible solution is to paint a batch of the mother hippogriffs in “old white” and a batch in basic black and put them in the store. People who have hippogriff babies can choose which color goes best with their herd and be done with it.

If anyone asks, they can make up stories about the mother hippogriff’s adventures that resulted in the different babies. 🙂

I don’t buy hoofers, so this doesn’t matter to me personally, but etruscan’s suggestion makes the most sense to me. The other option might be to have several different grab bags at once, as Melody has done in the past, divided into natural colors versus fantasy colors and maybe some third category. I haven’t participated in any of those, so I don’t know if they are more satisfying. But it does seem like grab bags should be for smaller pieces.

Magentas-Cat

Ann Marie
        Participant

I forgot to add that I have been very happy/lucky with the grab bags I’ve participated in and never wanted to trade what I got.

Magentas-Cat

Nightcrow
          Participant

And a new group of test paints for ebay, posted on the “Windstone Editions Fan Club (Official)” Facebook page on August 2.

This color is not yet named – Gina is doing a “Name that Dragon” poll [u]on Facebook[/u].

Gina said, “NAME THAT DRAGON IS BAAACK!
            Obviously these guys are unfinished, want to give people enough time to think up names 😂 so they might get tweaks before hitting eBay, but I’m sure I’ll take a family photo once they’re done. Griffins and unis even 🤫
            Gonna do the poll a bit different this time, give me any names you can think of for them, BUT I’m only going to put my 10 favorite names in the poll. If yours didn’t make it, it doesn’t mean I hated it, just didn’t feel quite right for these guys/maybe sparked an idea for a different scheme!
            Tl;dr – what do you think these eBay test paints should be named? The design is loosely based on bumblebee ball pythons and colors are a bit more muted than my phone captures 😅
            Hope you enjoy!”

Windstone_test-paints_yellow-orange-pink_dragons

Those are so cool! They give me ’90s retro vibes. 🙂

Wish the contest wasn’t on FB, though.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Landipan
            Participant

I’m so excited for the new PYO sculpts and sitting Qi-lin, they’re SO cute!

Anyone have an ETA on the new PYOs? I’m already brain storming color schemes!

*Formerly meowmix101
              Not currently open for PYO commissions.

fatalbeauty
              Participant

Melody said this on the facebook about the PYO pegs… “We are just now making the first molds so it will be a month or two before there will be enough casts to sell them! We try to get a good size batch together before we put them in the store.”

4 things I'm looking for:
                1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Landipan
                Participant

Melody said this on the facebook about the PYO pegs… “We are just now making the first molds so it will be a month or two before there will be enough casts to sell them! We try to get a good size batch together before we put them in the store.”

Ah, thank you! I’m so excited for them, maybe I can put a PYO Peg on xmas wishlist…

*Formerly meowmix101
                  Not currently open for PYO commissions.

BigCatKeeper
                  Participant

This was similar to a suggestion I had. If Melody painted a couple of examples (say… 5-10 different mama colors) and then did waitlist style like the grabbag for each color, people could “sign up” for the one they wanted. Then Melody would know how much of each was needed/which was most popular and paint accordingly. Not each one would be completely difference, but it could be more like with the Bantam clones with slight variations. And people would for sure be buying something they were happy with.

etruscan
                    Participant

The color of the new ebay pieces is called “Tiger Berry”. Photos from the “Windstone Editions Fan Club (Official)” Facebook page.

Gina says, “May I introduce you to the ‘Tiger Berry’ family! ❤️ Coming to eBay soon(ish)”

Windstone_test-paints_Tiger-Berry_dragons_1

Windstone_test-paints_Tiger-Berry_dragons_2

Windstone_test-paints_Tiger-Berry_dragons_3

Windstone_test-paints_Tiger-Berry_dragons_4

etruscan
                      Participant

More “Tiger Berry” pieces. According to the last photo, Gina has not painted all of the the unicorn sculpts or any of the kirins in this color. I don’t know whether she plans to do them or not.

Windstone_test-paints_Tiger-Berry_griffins

Windstone_test-paints_Tiger-Berry_unicorns

dragonmedley
                        Participant

This was similar to a suggestion I had. If Melody painted a couple of examples (say… 5-10 different mama colors) and then did waitlist style like the grabbag for each color, people could “sign up” for the one they wanted. Then Melody would know how much of each was needed/which was most popular and paint accordingly. Not each one would be completely difference, but it could be more like with the Bantam clones with slight variations. And people would for sure be buying something they were happy with.

Yes, this!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jade
                          Participant

I think this might actually be the best solution. Doing a waitlist style based on sculpt allows for:

A. Would (probably???) allow for help from the production team. Because if you have an example sculpt I think it may be easier to repaint that model for other people? Correct me if I’m wrong though.
                            B. More control over making sure everyone is on the waitlist only once – they can even enact the one per household rule, which yes will prevent two collectors in a home from getting them but also prevents a mass influx of blind trades. Which yes, probably seems unfair but we gotta be realistic here. The team will be exhausted if they have to overpaint these gigantic models for one person getting like six because they blind traded with 5 people. It would be worse if just Melody has to do it all.
                            C. Allows for everyone to pick their #1 or, if they like none of them/can’t afford, to decline to participate.
                            D. Might even curb some of the extreme “need 48658756 of them” if there’s only a very small, select pool.

etruscan
                            Participant

Posted on Melody’s Facebook page yesterday (August 10) – an update on the little sitting qi-lin.

Melody says, “Test paint on the sitting Qi-lin. He still needs some work, his antlers don’t sit perfectly and he’s still got grungy spots on his scales that need sanding. His head isn’t really that big, it’s the camera.”

Windstone_qi-lin_sitting_test-paint

An earlier photo (posted before) that shows the little qi-lin with a sitting baby kirin:

Windstone_qi-lin_sitting_clay

Ann Marie
                              Participant

The other qi-lins have that cute grumpy look. This little guy looks guilty, like he’s been caught with his hoof in the cookie jar! These are going to be very hard to resist.

Magentas-Cat

pipsxlch
                                Participant

I quite like that paint job- maybe an idea for production qi-lins?

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 588 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.