fbpx

What’s next on the schedule, Part 5 (new for 2021)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What’s next on the schedule, Part 5 (new for 2021)

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 443 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

Maybe small batches of specific colors of grabbag batches. As they sell out I can paint more. It is just more work for Susie. If I end up doing this she will require more chocolate and frogs for her effort.

sherry10151982
      Participant

Maybe small batches of specific colors of grabbag batches. As they sell out I can paint more. It is just more work for Susie. If I end up doing this she will require more chocolate and frogs for her effort.

I like that idea and we shall supply Susie with whatever she needs!!

Bodine
        Participant

Sending!😆
          I love the leopard pair.Wouldn’t mind those.💖

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Kelsey
          Participant

I have a pond. I can supply all the frogs she wants. 🤣

Jade
            Participant

From the comments about how to sell these:
              Melody says that Susie didn’t like the “Special” section of the store – “Susie didn’t like doing that. She had to go through the ordeal of entering each individual item. Our website store isn’t designed well for that sort of thing. Too cumbersome. ( no worse than putting them individually on eBay, but eBay stuff usually goes for more $)”

Maybe a modified grab bag – Melody says, “I’m thinking of having grouped grabbags, like all tigers but slightly individualized, like the babies. But still, then people will get a red tiger and want a silver tiger… hmm”

There were some other ideas as well, such as a raffle or voting on the colors to be painted, but a grab bag seems likely.

I mean, to be fair on the grab bag idea, I personally say do things in whatever way makes it easier for you guys – we can do the trading and that kind of thing if we want something else which tends to work out pretty swimmingly for most of us? Just a thought.

Asterisktrine
              Participant

All I know is I ADORE the mother hippogriff. It’s such a pretty sculpt. Selling specific color categories sounds cool but anything you guys come up with for selling them will be awesome.

etruscan
                Participant

From Melody’s Facebook page – more information about the mother hippogriff, two more hippogriff photos, and a first test paint qi-lin.

A question was asked – “How many were cast? How many were you thinking of painting? So far they look amazing but each one must take a week!
                  They are almost size of mother unicorn? Or smaller?
                  Those mamma unicorns are heavy!”

Melody’s reply – “She weighs as about as much as the mother unicorn, but is longer, so would take a bigger box. I don’t know how many I’ll paint myself, but once I get it figured out, they may not take too long. I’m depending on stenciling the feather markings. Right now they are still being difficult, but I’ve learned that this is true with most new things, especially ones with wings.”

“Tiger mother hipp from non-display side. Her chicken feathers are color shift blue with brown paint over it to give it a slight metallic shine.”

Windstone_Hippogriff_mother-mare_test-paint_tiger_side2

“Chicken dapple non display side” Melody says that the feather part is based on a Golden Sebright chicken.

Windstone_Hippogriff_mother-mare_test-paint_dapple_side2

And the test paint qi-lin. Melody says, “Test paint qi-lin. This paint job is a mess, most test paints I do are … This kind of test paint is done to see where the sculpture needs fixing before we make lots. It is different from what we call “test paints” on eBay. We call any experimental color a “test paint” because we may produce more if people like it a lot.”

Windstone_qi-lin_test-paint_blue

Melody confirmed that the qi-lin will be a production piece (not PYO).
                  From the comments – “Love! Now a standing or rearing buddy is needed…my weird brain loves pairs or even numbers of pieces.”

Melody’s reply – “of course”

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Ah Man! I wish the Qi-Lin was a future PYO! I’d love to paint an army of them! ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Nightcrow
                    Participant

Eeeek! Melody, the colors on that Qilin’s scales are fantastic. I’ll take a dozen like that, please. 🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Angelika_Zen
                      Participant

How about whoever says they want it first, like me, gets it!!! LOL! I WANT ONE ** raises hand like she’s in kindergarten **

OMG Sherry, you’re hilarious 😀

Going back to how to sell the mare, what if you did it something like the last Kickstarter campaign? (If that wasnt already suggested)

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

etruscan
                        Participant

From Melody’s Facebook page:
                          Melody says, “Male hippogriff sketch. As usual, I’m trying to straddle the line between majestic and dopey so he fits with the rest of the Windstone line.”

Windstone_hippogriff_male_sketch

From the comments – “Just a curious question. Why are the males always sitting and the females are always laying down?”

Melody’s reply – “Mothers get really tired”

etruscan
                          Participant

From Melody’s Facebook page – “Size comparison. Baby kirin, qi-lin, kitty griff and baby unicorn.”

Windstone_qi-lin_baby_size

The Windstone store is being stocked with more pieces more quickly which probably means that they have been able to hire several employees. I wonder whether Melody now has more time to sculpt.

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

I NEED A QI-LIN! I ABSOLUTELY NEED NEED NEED ONE OF THESE!

Is that White one perhaps going to be a LP color/piece?????? I would LOVE one EXACTLY like that! ^_^ AND a Black/Red one with Red eyes too! Ying/Yang Qi-Lins! YES! YES! YES!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

sherry10151982
                              Participant

I want that kitty griffin!!! So pretty!!!

Mika
                                Participant

That baby qi-lin is sure giving the camera the stink eye while the kitty griffin just looks happy to be there lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 443 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.