What’s next on the schedule, Part 5 (new for 2021)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What’s next on the schedule, Part 5 (new for 2021)

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 443 total)
  • Author
    Jade
    Participant

Curious: Is the official word on the street is that the hippogriff mare is permanently scrapped? I believe I remember seeing on FB that there were too many issues with the sculpt to proceed with casting and painting, but now I can’t find it so now I’m unsure.

etruscan
      Participant

Curious: Is the official word on the street is that the hippogriff mare is permanently scrapped? I believe I remember seeing on FB that there were too many issues with the sculpt to proceed with casting and painting, but now I can’t find it so now I’m unsure.

The most recent post I have seen about painting the mother hippogriff is a test paint photo on December 10 (Melody’s Facebook page). Melody painted it in a lion/appaloosa pattern.
        Melody said, “Test painted hippogriff. Painting wings is hard. I think there is too much stuff going on at once on this sculpt, but that’s what you are in for when dealing with hippogriffs.”

That’s different than “We’re going to scrap the sculpt”, though.

There is a photo of the reworked head in February but nothing about abandoning the sculpt.
        In March there was a photo of a casting. Melody said, “Hippogriff mare on her mold plate. I have redone her about three times! This is the final one I hope!”

Maybe you are thinking of Melody’s comment about the standing hippogriff colts being difficult for the casting crew?

Jade
        Participant

The most recent post I have seen about painting the mother hippogriff is a test paint photo on December 10 (Melody’s Facebook page). Melody painted it in a lion/appaloosa pattern.
          Melody said, “Test painted hippogriff. Painting wings is hard. I think there is too much stuff going on at once on this sculpt, but that’s what you are in for when dealing with hippogriffs.”

That’s different than “We’re going to scrap the sculpt”, though.

There is a photo of the reworked head in February but nothing about abandoning the sculpt.
          In March there was a photo of a casting. Melody said, “Hippogriff mare on her mold plate. I have redone her about three times! This is the final one I hope!”

Maybe you are thinking of Melody’s comment about the standing hippogriff colts being difficult for the casting crew?

I tried another search – FB is so impossible sometimes, I swear – and I found what I was thinking of. It was an FB post asking about the PYO Pegasus – someone had inquired about a week and a half ago. Melody had responded to that person and told them that it was forever off the casting shelf due to detailing issues for the castors.

I somehow mistook it for the hippocolt mare (I mean they both have wings… that’s my excuse and I’m sticking too it lol).

fatalbeauty
          Participant

Melody posted this on Facebook…

“Short haired pyo cats. We just started casting these, so we usually wait until we got a big batch before putting them in the store. Probably in a couple weeks-oh and I still need to make pad cutter outlines.”

220293050_10157955784777035_4583829130622794365_n

How are these guys doing? I’m all ready to get one!
            Maybe sometime this week or next week?

We are getting them cast, won’t be too much longer.

anymore time table updates for these guys? soon?

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
            Participant

Melody posted this on her Facebook page this morning – test paint of the latest (and last ?) version of the mother hippogriff.
              Melody says, “Mother hippogriff test paint. She looks ok painted, but it is going to be tough to make her match the babies! The feathers are different. I figured the babies still have chick fuzz on their heads and chest, and the adults would have more hard feathers, so the color pattern is different.”

etruscan
              Participant

That’s odd – the photo should be showing in the post rather than underneath. Trying again …

Windstone_Hippogriff_mother-mare_test-paint-1

sherry10151982
                Participant

Oh wow!! That mother is stunning!!

Megan
                  Participant

What a pretty paint job! I love the soft brown eyes.

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

Melody posted this on Facebook…

“Short haired pyo cats. We just started casting these, so we usually wait until we got a big batch before putting them in the store. Probably in a couple weeks-oh and I still need to make pad cutter outlines.”

220293050_10157955784777035_4583829130622794365_n

How are these guys doing? I’m all ready to get one!
                      Maybe sometime this week or next week?

We are getting them cast, won’t be too much longer.

anymore time table updates for these guys? soon?

still looking for a time table, soon? or not until next week?

4 things I'm looking for:
                      1. Mother Meerkat
                      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
                      Participant

From Melody’s Facebook page – more test paint hippogriffs!

Melody says, “Chicken dapple. I don’t know what to do with these adult hippogriffs. I assume people would like to have adults that match their babies, but how to sell these? They are too big for me to be comfortable selling them as grabbags. Swap-shipping would be pretty expensive… we don’t have a good way to sell these individually from the store… so I am left with eBay… any other ideas?”

Windstone_Hippogriff_mother-mare_test-paint_dapple

And we have this one …
                        Melody says, “Some of these turn out pretty weird looking. I’m experimenting with feather markings.”

Windstone_Hippogriff_mother-mare_test-paint_tiger

Mother and baby …

Windstone_Hippogriff_mother-mare_test-paint_leopard

Someone asked whether Melody will be making a hippogriff stallion.
                        Melody’s reply – “I’m thinking about it, but not actually working on it yet!”

etruscan
                        Participant

From the comments about how to sell these:
                          Melody says that Susie didn’t like the “Special” section of the store – “Susie didn’t like doing that. She had to go through the ordeal of entering each individual item. Our website store isn’t designed well for that sort of thing. Too cumbersome. ( no worse than putting them individually on eBay, but eBay stuff usually goes for more $)”

Maybe a modified grab bag – Melody says, “I’m thinking of having grouped grabbags, like all tigers but slightly individualized, like the babies. But still, then people will get a red tiger and want a silver tiger… hmm”

There were some other ideas as well, such as a raffle or voting on the colors to be painted, but a grab bag seems likely.

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

How about those who would like a chance at a specific piece – they can send their names in for a raffle to be able to purchase that piece?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kujacker
                            Participant

Though I’m not in the market for this sculpt, I actually rather like that dark/tiger one.

The raffle idea is interesting, but I wonder how it would work. Is it a set price and you’re just being drawn to purchase the piece or would it be more of a bidding system with a “max bid” you’re willing to pay?

merrillannwhite
                              Participant

What if she put up a page with all of them numbered and did it in a modified raffle? You could take all the names and as each name is drawn they could get their pick of the remaining pieces. Give them a time period to purchase or decline before drawing the next name.

sherry10151982
                                Participant

How about whoever says they want it first, like me, gets it!!! LOL! I WANT ONE ** raises hand like she’s in kindergarten **

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 443 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.