What else do you collect? -Besides Windstones

Home Forums Miscellany Community What else do you collect? -Besides Windstones

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

I thought I should update my post since lots has changed. I started (seriously) collecting designer vinyl from different manufacturers, as well as movie memorabilia from a few select Franchises. I collect 2” to 6” figures, and I love it! My mother says I’m a chromosome away from being a hoarder lol!! I’m really into Funko, Kidrobot, Pop Mart, COARSETOYS, Mezco, and more, but I discover new things all the time.

What I love about collecting vinyl… If you knock it over, the face won’t break off like my poor Muse did yesterday! 🙁 Also, the lower-than-Windstone price point is a bonus. The best part is the medium might stay the same but the artists change all the time, and sometimes they come back when a new series is released.

These pics are dated and my collection has grown since these were taken. I have filled two more curios since then, but you’ll get the idea.

I still collect John Fluevog shoes, and movies, but the rest of them have taken a backseat to vinyl and Windstones

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

sherry10151982
      Participant

Those are awesome Tara!! I’ve been wanting to get into collecting the Funko figures as well. I have a few MLP ones and Rick from TWD.

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

I also collect designer vinyl! I have hundreds of Funko products and blind box figures and I have a small collection of original art from Amanda Visell (I want to post a picture of them so bad, but I’m in the process of moving and most of my treasures are still packed up in boxes and I don’t know which one they’re in!).
          I also hoard, I mean COLLECT toys from my childhood, food packages from my childhood, Mezco’s Living Dead Dolls, art prints from an artist named Shag, high quality Halloween décor, and 90’s teen horror books (like R.L. Stine’s Fear Street). I have hundreds of books and tons of rare VHS horror movies. Here’s a tiny example, this is a shelf in my bedroom of my treasures waiting for me to bring in their display cabinets. They’re currently in disarray and clustered onto some shelves for the time being. I wish I could share more of my hoard, I mean COLLECTION. I’m proud of my collection of clutter!

hoard

Angelika_Zen
          Participant

Nice!!!! I also collect a few things from my childhood, like Garbage Pail kids, cabbage patch kids, some my little pony (Tokidoki-style), MAsters of the universe, Star Wars, Dark Crystal, Fraggle Rock, and Kidrobot’s version of Care Bears. I wouldn’t say I’m in love with bobble heads, but I like the quality and detail of Head Knockers. I also have half of the “So Tasty” Vinylmation collection, and started on the Myths & Legends collection. I love that the “So Tasty” ones smell! It’s also super weird since they have Nachos, Pizza, and few more that should never be “scratch and sniff” lol!!! I’m also a fan of Amanda Visell! And Tara McPherson, 64colors, Junko Mizuno, and too many to list. I also collect about half of what Huck Gee comes out with. I think my two favourite artists are Otto bjornik and Laura Colors (64Colors). Surrealism looks great on a Dunny! I have been looking for the Wizard of Oz Living Dead Dolls to add to the collection. They haven’t been easy to find for a price I like. I like strange and unusual toys too! I have boxes fully of them that aren’t displayed yet. I also have a hard time saying no to a mystery box, but when I started getting doubles and triples with no way to trade or sell, I started picking up the ones I wanted after they had been revealed. I was on a collectors forum a while back but you had to have 1000 posts to use their classifieds. I haven’t bothered to look for another online community since.

I have been working on my “toy room”. I am lining the walls with silk posters and started installing acrylic shelving for my larger pops and Dorbz. I am far from done. I also need 2 more of the smaller glass cabinets for my minis. I have boxes of those that I haven’t opened yet.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

sherry10151982
            Participant

Gaaaaah!!! MLP!!!!!!! I’m so jealous! You have such a drool-worthy collection Skeeterdeee!!! I’m totally in awe! And you have mint boxes and packages of The Princess Of Power She-Ra??!! Damn! I have tons of old MLP but they’re all played with and nasty LOL!

Suzanne-Marie
              Participant

I collect faeries; have them scattered in my house and larger ones around my pool.
                Also collect a few Vintage Glossy Breyer horses; Running Stallions in Charcoal and Rearing Fighting Stallions s in Glossy Charcoal and Palomino; all mint.
                Have the Porcelain Breyer Circus Ponies in White and Palomino.
                Also collect resins sculpted by Sommer Prosser, have 5 Extreme Justice II jumpers out of world-wide release of 99 with loose manes; she custom painted 3, one custom painted by Caroline Boydston, and one custom painted by Stephanie Michaud, 2 Nighthawk jumpers sculpted by Kitty Cantrell, one painted by Sommer Prosser, one painted by Elizabeth Bouras…custom leather tack by Jessica Friedman and custom jumps by Polly Cleveland that helped them qualify for NAN’s.

Bodine
                Participant

My baubles.well,some😄

20200314_0853222

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

pipsxlch
                  Participant

If I don’t want them anymore, I know where to send my 2 glass ball paperweights!

I ordered a high end PVC dinosaur replica from a company in China named PNSO. Like Angelica_Zen said, the lower price point than Windstones and comparative sturdiness is a plus. (I know many consider it rather scornful (they’re just toys! sigh), but I buy/sell/collect dinosaur and animal ‘toy’ PVC figures in general) Unknown to me, my mother ordered the same figure for me as a gift (see price point above) and another one I hadn’t even seen. So here is Aaron the Tyrannosaur chick (company names them) and A-Qi the Sinoceratops calf. They are absolutely adorable! And they look like they’re about to get up and shake themselves off. I love them!

IMG_2756-Copy

Aaron the Tyrannosaur chick, he looks like he was modeled on a chicken chick lol. He’s melting cute!

IMG_2743-Copy

Love me, I love you! Aren’t the eyes amazing?

IMG_2748-Copy

A-Qi the Sinoceratops calf, such a pudgy rollyball of cuteness.

IMG_2747-Copy

Once again, love how the eyes are painted.

I shall have to look into other figures from this company. If anyone is interested, the extra Aaron the Tyrannosaur chick is for sale. Box opened, but otherwise NIB.

VS
                    Participant

Dragons. Not the Walmart kind tho I’ve a couple hiding among the rest I’m sure. More like McFarlane Dragon Series (got all but 2, my Hydra being one of them) and others along those lines. Tiamat (yep the big red old one) from the D&D series was my favorite as a kid and still with me. Fixed the one wing 3x now. Just what I find locally usually, but I’ve made some cool finds over the years, and there’s so many they get displayed in turns (the rest mentioned here do the same).

Got some horses and some ponies to reminisce about the days of old. Looking to unload a few ponies if someone wants some older ones in not the best shape. Just a handful of Breyers but they’re what I like and staying (2 bathtime ones and 2 big winddancers still in box but likely faded). A couple Bella Sara but hoping for more (damn hard to pick them out as they’re usually unmarked, but if you find the poseable heavy rubber ones, omg the detail!). Oh, found the 6 legged blue-purple Final Fantasy horse last year, just crazy awesome to look at.

Pretty glass and carved wood and such. Just what catches my eye. Some are paperweights, a couple glass fish including a limited edition goldfish by Lalique, a blue Daum France cat. A wooden elephant with bone inlay decor, another beautiful carved ele with exquisite detail, one made of white marble with semiprecious inlay. This is how I found the brass horse I put for sale in the nonwindstone ads. Cool stuff, doesn’t always suit me but some are still fun finds that I’ll happily rehome if anyone’s interested.

That’s the main collectives… lol.

pipsxlch
                      Participant

Your collection sounds awesome, VS! I’d love to see photos!

Windstones kind of spoil you to other dragons, but I do have some. Sadly I haven’t been able to find my Enchantica dragon since I moved, I wonder that someone had sticky fingers. Maybe it’s good the Windstones were in plain boxes. I do have some plastic ‘toy’ models, mostly because they go with the dinos and if my daughter has kids they can play with the plastics and leave the Windstones alone. I do have 3 McFarlanes, I regret not being aware of them and buying them when they were more available. I don’t like all of them, but they are all well done.

Love especially to see the Lalique goldie, I collect goldfish. And the Final Fantasy horse sounds interesting. I would like to see the Bella Sara’s also, I find all sorts of horses in my toy hunts (plus still have some of my daughters old toys).

sherry10151982
                        Participant

I collect paperweights. I have about 16 on my desk at work and these are just a few.

6377F857-4337-4DBF-83ED-05B215A5D54C

45807CC9-DF67-4B1A-9ED8-775DE1FABFC9

9C4CD13A-4B99-44B5-B3DD-B7EC6913A1A7

CA2648EE-4D69-4F5E-9B52-3CE09E951328

VS
                          Participant

Love the dinos, Pips! I’ll try getting Bella Sara and FF horse pics up (Lalique goldfish is hiding in my safe right now and might need to wait for me to dig it out), maybe a couple others. I actually have a big carved goldfish I’d like to rehome, laquer red, if you like goldfish. 😉 I’ll try to put that pic here too.

Love the orange floral paperweight, Sherry! Sometimes I wonder how they manage that.

And Bodine, that’s a sparkly collection fit for an army of dragons to guard! ❤

VS
                            Participant

Ok, horse spam (sorry, I don’t want to take this over, so this is all I’m putting up until other people put up more about theirs!). First Breyers and friends (I don’t know Breyers, I just liked these when I saw them, so feel free to tell me what they are!). Then 3 Bella Sara, white is the heavy poseable rubber one. Last is Final Fantasy Odin’s horse (blue and purple with 6 legs).

VS
                              Participant

Ugh sorry, getting the hang of posting pics and posting period!

pipsxlch
                                Participant

The Final Fantasy horse IS very different, thanks for showing!

I don’t usually go for ‘real’ hair mane/ tail horses, but that last white one before the FF horse is nice. That’s the rubber one?

I don’t think I have any left of the articulated horses, but I’ve seen them. Most of the animal-model people I deal with prefer more realistic models, so I think I donated them. I do have some small fantasy type horses left, I was thinking of putting them in the sales thread here.

I might be interested in the carved goldfish, if you don’t want it. Looking forward to seeing it.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.