What else do you collect? -Besides Windstones

Home Forums Miscellany Community What else do you collect? -Besides Windstones

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    VS
    Participant

Some of you wanted to see the Lalique goldfish. So I took a quick pic of the stuff hiding in the safe since I was digging around there yesterday.

Starting left. The odd tube is a weather glass (not in the safe, just always out). Then that odd shaped yellow is an Italian Murano glass bunny with orange ears (hidden behind the orange bird), his silver sticker is faded but still there. The orange pressed glass bird (cardinal?) is one I’m still trying to identify, some kind of M in a circle mark under it, but it glows cool under UV light. At the orange bird’s feet is the Lalique goldfish collector edition, you can’t see here but the back of the base is signed (not bad for a $4 thift find), the gold dust on the scales is faint and apparently they only did it on the one side, but she almost glows in your hand so this pic doesn’t do her justice. The faint yellow behind that is a freeform glasswork signed by the artist that reminds me of a heart’s chambers and is better on a sunny spot where it gets a more distinct green and yellow sheen in places. The big box is a mother of pearl inlay Asian red laquer jewelry box, right now holding reading teasures instead of jewelry (as the books on top attest, they hide a dragon and phoenix up there). Next is a Goebel crystal cardinal. And last but not least is a white marble elephant with semiprecious stone inlay.

All are thrift, rummage, flea market and garage sale finds. There’s other good ones scattered around the condo, some crazy good finds and some just pretty but hey, I’m reorganizing all the time. So I can show more fun stuff another time.

etruscan
      Participant

Wow – they’re all lovely! Thanks for posting a photo.

Celestial Rainstorm
        Participant

Those are beautiful, I especially love that little orange fish

Finding happiness again.

pipsxlch
          Participant

Thanks for sharing! Love the goldfish, and that art glass thingie is neat too. That brownish cardinal is somehow attractive.

Nightcrow
            Participant

SierraDragon, I love your chase pony! I’m a Breyer collector, too; I slimmed down my collection a lot once I bought a house, but couldn’t give them all up. (And I’ve acquired a few more since then…) I have a few Peter Stone models, too. I didn’t mean to, but they cater to my need for blue decorators that Breyer refuses to meet! 😛

Other things I collect, in a desultory sort of way:
              * blue glass vases – I have maybe a dozen or so, which started as an accident and then I just picked up a piece here and there to fill in the shelves.
              * teacups and saucers with blue floral designs – I have eight, plus a cream pitcher, all in different patterns (each cup has a matching saucer, but no cup matches another) and they were such fun to hunt for over the years! I might try to find a pot that compliments them someday, but otherwise I’m done; I have a great 9-box shelf to display them on, so it’s the perfect number.
              * pewter gryphon figurines – I love gryphons and went through a phase where I bought pretty much anything with a gryphon on it; the pewter ones I held onto, though I got rid of other stuff when I bought my house.
              * foreign coins – I collected these as a child; my dad was in the military and would bring them back to me. I don’t actively collect them anymore, but they’re all in a wooden box where I can look at them occasionally. 🙂
              * blank journals – another accidental collection! Apparently I just can’t resist a pretty journal even though I have no use for it. Lately I’ve been trying to come up with ways to use them.
              * stationery – mostly accidental, but at least it’s also useful! I have lots of distant friends and enjoy sending them cards or notes, and every year I send Christmas cards to my online friends!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Bodine
              Participant

Those are great!!Love the rocks.Very nice.
                Here are 2 of my special items.

20210214_0633162

20210214_0633232

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
                Participant

Some plush dragons,all gifts😊
                  Happy Valentine’s from bodinetoo this morning.

20210213_0608062

20210214_0625142

20210214_0626232

20210214_0623573

Nightcrow
                  Participant

Love the plush dragons, Bodine! I should get my plush griffins together for a photo session. 🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Aldana
                    Participant

I have been a long time collector of Dragon ornaments but the last few years I started collecting Harry Potter Memorabilia but that is an absolute sink hole so have put a pause on that for now.

This photo doesn’t show all of my collection either..
                      my other collections

I Would love an Old Warrior one day.. any Old Warrior!

Bodine
                      Participant

I also have a few beautiful Jasmine Beckett-Griffith prints.

20200809_0757593

20200809_0757453

20200809_0758072

20200809_0758202

Bodine
                        Participant

I have a few more.No art in my home is from a dept. store.Artist only.

20200809_0758132

20200809_0758372

20200809_0758482

20200809_0758542

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

I’ve got a good collection of Worms and Bones Art Dolls/Critters started. Snagged a few second-hand from forum members a couple years ago and last year I started following Worms and Bones and became a Patron of theirs on Patreon.com Since then I’ve snagged a semi-custom Limited Edition Chimera, a Limited Edition Plated Snek, Limited Edition Pyton Tea, and two custom slots! Yay!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Zeppard Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.