August 25, 2020 at 3:56 pm #1627033VSParticipant
Some of you wanted to see the Lalique goldfish. So I took a quick pic of the stuff hiding in the safe since I was digging around there yesterday.
Starting left. The odd tube is a weather glass (not in the safe, just always out). Then that odd shaped yellow is an Italian Murano glass bunny with orange ears (hidden behind the orange bird), his silver sticker is faded but still there. The orange pressed glass bird (cardinal?) is one I’m still trying to identify, some kind of M in a circle mark under it, but it glows cool under UV light. At the orange bird’s feet is the Lalique goldfish collector edition, you can’t see here but the back of the base is signed (not bad for a $4 thift find), the gold dust on the scales is faint and apparently they only did it on the one side, but she almost glows in your hand so this pic doesn’t do her justice. The faint yellow behind that is a freeform glasswork signed by the artist that reminds me of a heart’s chambers and is better on a sunny spot where it gets a more distinct green and yellow sheen in places. The big box is a mother of pearl inlay Asian red laquer jewelry box, right now holding reading teasures instead of jewelry (as the books on top attest, they hide a dragon and phoenix up there). Next is a Goebel crystal cardinal. And last but not least is a white marble elephant with semiprecious stone inlay.
All are thrift, rummage, flea market and garage sale finds. There’s other good ones scattered around the condo, some crazy good finds and some just pretty but hey, I’m reorganizing all the time. So I can show more fun stuff another time.August 25, 2020 at 5:49 pm #1627043etruscanParticipant
Wow – they’re all lovely! Thanks for posting a photo.August 25, 2020 at 7:18 pm #1627057Celestial RainstormParticipant
Those are beautiful, I especially love that little orange fish
Finding happiness again.August 25, 2020 at 7:39 pm #1627058pipsxlchParticipant
Thanks for sharing! Love the goldfish, and that art glass thingie is neat too. That brownish cardinal is somehow attractive.September 6, 2020 at 6:56 pm #1627802NightcrowParticipant
SierraDragon, I love your chase pony! I’m a Breyer collector, too; I slimmed down my collection a lot once I bought a house, but couldn’t give them all up. (And I’ve acquired a few more since then…) I have a few Peter Stone models, too. I didn’t mean to, but they cater to my need for blue decorators that Breyer refuses to meet! 😛
Other things I collect, in a desultory sort of way:
* blue glass vases – I have maybe a dozen or so, which started as an accident and then I just picked up a piece here and there to fill in the shelves.
* teacups and saucers with blue floral designs – I have eight, plus a cream pitcher, all in different patterns (each cup has a matching saucer, but no cup matches another) and they were such fun to hunt for over the years! I might try to find a pot that compliments them someday, but otherwise I’m done; I have a great 9-box shelf to display them on, so it’s the perfect number.
* pewter gryphon figurines – I love gryphons and went through a phase where I bought pretty much anything with a gryphon on it; the pewter ones I held onto, though I got rid of other stuff when I bought my house.
* foreign coins – I collected these as a child; my dad was in the military and would bring them back to me. I don’t actively collect them anymore, but they’re all in a wooden box where I can look at them occasionally. 🙂
* blank journals – another accidental collection! Apparently I just can’t resist a pretty journal even though I have no use for it. Lately I’ve been trying to come up with ways to use them.
* stationery – mostly accidental, but at least it’s also useful! I have lots of distant friends and enjoy sending them cards or notes, and every year I send Christmas cards to my online friends!
Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Pearl Steel Blue, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, others), production Lap Dragons with minor to moderate damage, and Griffins in Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade.February 14, 2021 at 4:34 am #1636659BodineParticipantFebruary 14, 2021 at 4:39 am #1636662BodineParticipantFebruary 24, 2021 at 4:50 pm #1637601NightcrowParticipant
Love the plush dragons, Bodine! I should get my plush griffins together for a photo session. 🙂
Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Pearl Steel Blue, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, others), production Lap Dragons with minor to moderate damage, and Griffins in Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade.March 3, 2021 at 10:39 am #1637961AldanaParticipant
I have been a long time collector of Dragon ornaments but the last few years I started collecting Harry Potter Memorabilia but that is an absolute sink hole so have put a pause on that for now.
This photo doesn’t show all of my collection either..
I Would love an Old Warrior one day.. any Old Warrior!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.