fbpx

What else do you collect? -Besides Windstones

Home Forums Miscellany Community What else do you collect? -Besides Windstones

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    MandBsMom
    Participant

Oh! You have a Mambo!!!!! That’s one I would love to have. 🙂
      I also collect model horses, Breyers/Peter Stones/Resins. I might post some pics when I get home….I can’t display them all because I don’t have the room, but I try to have some favorites out. They also get rearranged when I go to a show because then not everyone gets unpacked. I should really take some pics of my show table at the next show I go to….it would probably show them better.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

JynXx
      Participant

Lol! I also collect art supplies… really have too much to deal with, and it’s all over the place.
        And it’s not just my collections that collect dust x.x

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
        ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
        ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
        ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
        ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
        ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
        ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

fatalbeauty
        Participant

Peter Stone Arabians
          heart shaped rocks
          shark teeth(well it’s only one Megalodon tooth now but I hope to get more)
          Funkos
          Beanie Babies
          butterflies in frames
          and lately Infinity characters since the Wii U has been discounted so they’re usually well priced

4 things I'm looking for:
          1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Jellyfish
          Participant

I collect
            Tea pots
            Art (paintings mostly but have some sculptures)
            Pin cushions
            Rocks,minerals and shells
            Mermaids (ornaments,art)
            Cook books
            LEGO (I am on the hunt for Jurassic World raptor escape)
            🙂

Ferlin1984
            Participant

I forgot I also collect Magic cards. The old ones from 15 years ago or so. I have probably 5 to 7 thousand.

StormDancer
              Participant

I also collect Cheval Ponies,
                 photo Cheval Ponies_zpskqbs8y9h.jpg

Cheval ponies and Breyer Horses (to many to show all the Breyers),
                 photo Breyers  Cheval Pony_zpsfzcjgkum.jpg

Water Pitchers,
                 photo Water Pitchers_zpshowoppaq.jpg

Air Plants (Yes, they are alive),
                 photo Air Plants_zpseuaacrq8.jpg

NyForm Trolls,
                 photo Trolls_zpsjtlpexll.jpg

I also seem to have a large collection of books and house plants.

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Celestial Rainstorm
                Participant

Oh man, I really need to unpack to see what I have XD. But I do collect things other than Windstones:
                  -Fossils/Crystals/Minerals
                  -Special Barbies (mostly from the Winter/Holiday Collections)
                  -Dragons
                  -Any sort of memorabilia from the movie “9”
                  -Movies
                  -Books
                  -Art supplies (gotta start using that all up!)
                  -Safari Ltd. Figures.

Finding happiness again.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Lovely tillandsia collection!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Anjeey
                    Participant

I collect crystals and mineral specimens and other brightly colored pretty rocks. I display them all with my Windstone figures in their own little curio cabinet that my mother left me.

Looking for Adult Poads, Young Poads, Baby Poads, and Tadpoads.

Betrluk1
                      Participant

I collect various equine sculptures ranging from breyer to artist resins, marbles ( although i can never say i have lost them now), gaming dice, and rocks and minerals.

StormDancer
                        Participant

Thank you! Some of them even bloom every year!

Looking for:

Bodine
                          Participant

StormDancer-I love the matched pair[white]Chevals.They are so beautiful!I have to ask,I tried to raise the air plants and failed,twice,.How do you do it?

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

StormDancer
                            Participant

Thank you Bodine! I think the matched pair you mention are actually Frosty & Flurry, Breyer web specials. But they were standing next to the Dapple Grey Welsh Cheval and I didn’t want him to look lonely.

For My air plants I keep them in a north window. The ones in glass globes I mist every 4 or 5 days with plain water. The ones set on the wood piece I mist every 2 or 3 days.
                              Most people say to use rain water on them, but I haul all the water for my house (no water lines within 7 miles of my place) and put it into a cistern so most of the chemicals are evaporated out of it by time it gets used on the plants. I have a friend in the UK who uses rain water and his seem to bloom really well each year.
                              Then once a month I have a fertilizer for bromeliads that I add to a sink of water (about a quarter of the recommended strength) and I toss all the air plants into that to soak for an hour or so.
                              If something happens and they go a few extra days without misting, I will just toss em into the sink for a bit to let em get a good drink and they seem to recover quickly.

The other thing I suggest is finding a good seller. Buying them from walmart or some other store of that type can be hit n miss, half of them are already dead or so stressed that they probably will be in a week or two.
                              There are a few good sellers on eBay for them. And a few online nurseries for them as well.

Good luck!

Looking for:

pipsxlch
                              Participant

Thanks to you, Ms. Melody, I now have a lovely collection of gashapon goldfish. This is only part of it.
                                 photo 001_zpsrvoqr70m.jpg

There are some weird Star Wars fish too, getting them inspired by the gashapons.

I collect dragons in general, although Windstone does spoil you for other makes. I like very few dragons now. I have a couple McFarlanes, and just as few Enchanticas/Dragonsites (a big part of not having more of either is inability to find them and affording them when I can, don’t like either quite as well as Windstones and won’t pay the same for them). There’s one GG Santiago/Enesco one, and a few unknown makes. There are also a very few ‘toy’ ones I like, the Safari water dragon and a family by Schleich.

I also collect/grow orchids.

And have had rock and shell collections, much of which has been lost in moves but I add neat new ones as I can.

Sorry I’ve tried to add photos of a little of it, but Photobucket is a total butt. Will try again when I can.

Jellyfish
                                Participant

Pipsxlch I really like your fish. I have never seen anything like them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 102 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.