fbpx

Waiting and worried

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Waiting and worried

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Rusti
    Participant

Yeah, the post office has also apparently lost my IRS refund check (or stolen it, one of the two) that was sent March 30. It still isn’t here, so I had to file with the IRS to get a replacement just the other day.

Krimsen
      Participant

Quote:

tsija wrote:
        Foxfeather, I am in the same boat as you are 22 days and counting and I’m in Calgary too. It’s driving me nuts! It never takes this long for windstone stuff to arrive direct from windstones. I haven’t even heard about customs problems. I’m going to do some research…

Let me know what you find tsija. YOu’re right it has never taken this long

I didn’t find anything unusual. The only reason stated for a package being refused entry is if the full information of both seller and receiver are not given (names, addresses, full description of item). I know Windstone is very thorough with their customs forms.

Let me know if your package arrives…

Krimsen
        Participant

Quote:

No wonder Cat loves UPS so much more!

I don’t like UPS at all! When shipping from the US to Canada, they charge the receiver (normally me) a 29.99 service/brokerage fee plus the normal customs GST. On the last package sent UPS to me, I paid $25.00US to the seller for shipping, $29.99 CAN for the brokerage fee and 1.27 for GST. I paid $58 to ship a $57 dragon. 😑 And I found UPS and USPS have the same service times – two weeks.

FedEx is just as bad. They charge a $19.99 brokerage fee plus the normal customs. I guess the are $10.00 cheaper than UPS. πŸ˜•

USPS only charges a $5.00 brokerage fee plus the normal customs.

I always ask my US sellers to ship by USPS.

Rusti wrote:

Yeah, the post office has also apparently lost my IRS refund check (or stolen it, one of the two) that was sent March 30. It still isn’t here, so I had to file with the IRS to get a replacement just the other day.

how did you know when the irs sent you the check?

Bob

WindstoneCollector wrote:

They are increasing the rates on May 14th or 15th too…It took from Feb. 2 until what, last Friday for a money order to get to Ski…By then I had already gotten the refund for it. πŸ˜›
            So I sent another one in a box this time, just like my Dad told me to, and Wahlah…There in less than a week! 😯 Stupid PO, no wonder they are constantly raising their rates…They can’t keep business…How come I can’t remember it being this way when I was way younger? πŸ™„
            I think they need to pull their heads out and get going again. πŸ‘Ώ
            No wonder Cat loves UPS so much more! πŸ˜†

because many years ago they cared about quality

Rusti
            Participant

gryphondreamer wrote:

Rusti wrote:

irs.gov

πŸ™‚ They have a ‘where’s my refund?’ link on the front page of the site.

Rusti wrote:

the great gryphondreamer wrote:

irs.gov

thank you! πŸ˜€

My last package I had shipped through UPS was an order from a dealer, I paid the shipping costs to the dealer, but they would not fit in one box so I paid the brokerage fee twice, on one order, it cost me 127.00 bucks on this end πŸ˜₯ .

Krimsen
              Participant

That is horrible to pay so much in shipping alone!

Rusti
                Participant

gryphondreamer wrote:

Rusti wrote:

irs.gov

thank you! πŸ˜€

Have you lost your check too?

Rusti wrote:

gryphondreamer wrote:

Rusti wrote:

irs.gov

thank you! πŸ˜€

nope. they haven’t mailed it out yet. i should get it mid to late may. just about when my bills will be coming for my ebay spree! (screw the promise to the bf!) πŸ˜†

seriously, i have an ebay problem. someone help me!

gryphondreamer wrote:

Rusti wrote:

gryphondreamer wrote:

Rusti wrote:

irs.gov

thank you! πŸ˜€

nope. they haven’t mailed it out yet. i should get it mid to late may. just about when my bills will be coming for my ebay spree! (screw the promise to the bf!) πŸ˜†

hehe, I have a problem as well. I know it and my bf told me so. hehe

Skigod377
                  Participant

gryphondreamer wrote:

I dont think this is the place to come for that kind of help. We can help you spend, but I have not seen too much saving going on. Cheryl is doing good, but she has all but dissapeared. You dont want that to happen to you, do you?

skigod377 wrote:

gryphondreamer wrote:

I dont think this is the place to come for that kind of help. We can help you spend, but I have not seen too much saving going on. Cheryl is doing good, but she has all but dissapeared. You dont want that to happen to you, do you?

see, i am not actually buying windstone. i always get outbid. so i gave up on them. i stopped iwth the cross stitch patterns becuase i have too many already. now, i am bidding on pocket dragons! and i am winning them. i doubled my collection last weekend. from 12 over 5 years to a lot more…

i am just stressed out from the proposal writing and the moving.

Jodi
                    Participant

I noticed that I bought a lot more stuff when I was writing my thesis. When I was done, the desire for a lot of things ended too. I think it was a way for me to channel my stress. Maybe doing exercises or working out would be a more productive way to manage your stress. Try taking walks or something like that instead. Back away from the computer. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.