fbpx

Unusual weapons

Home Forums Miscellany Community Unusual weapons

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Melissa
    Participant

Can never go wrong with a cast iron frying pan. πŸ‘Ώ

Hard back books, chairs, curtains, leg of lamb or ham, glass bottles (well, nothing that could break on stage, but …)

Buckler (defense, boring but classic)

Hilarious thread. πŸ˜†

NirvanaCat13
      Participant

There have been some GREAT ideas put forth, I’ll try and think of some original ones…..

Along the lines of meat/fish, you could always go with the huge turkey leg….

Cane, walking stick, Shillelagh, unstrung bow (archery), bunch of radishes, turnips, beets, carrots, torch, peg leg (preferably off of some unsuspecting patron in the pub), big bone the dog was chewing on, short sword, dirk, dagger, some random action figure (Superman)(no idea how ‘period’ you want/need this to be), goblet, tankard, coat stand, umbrella, wooden pizza board the kind with the long handle and paddle, fake cat (see Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the ongoing cat gag…), riding crop, bull whip, pair of old manacles, shoe, boot, corset…

I suppose I could go on….

For realism, go with various weapons or clothing items, like a cape or tabard or something. small shields are pretty standard too (not really shown in movies for being to bulky and not flashy enough) depending on where the fight takes place, use items that could be commonly found there, like vegetables or diner/drinking ware in a tavern/inn, broken wood, sticks, branches in the forest. Etc.

Good luck!

Elena
        Participant

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ you guys are great!

Miss Melody – Our Fight Director Desperatly was to get a fish in there somehow, so we really are working on that!

Emerald – Thanks For the suggestion I will go looking for those!

The big fight for off hand weapons will be in a Tavern and the Bar wenches will be getting involved too πŸ™‚ It will be our ‘Porthos’ who will be the one with the most off hand weapons, but everyone will use something at some point

Keep the suggestions coming!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

For my own personal defense, I prefer the bull-whip, AK-47, .50 cal, and of course, the classic shoulder-mounted rocket launcher. My .22 is reserved for small game, as is the pellet gun.

I suppose a bazooka would be overkill, but I highly recommend bladed crucifixes, ninja stars, nunchucks, katanas, hunting-knives, anything above a .45 cal, and of course, little white bunnies as unlikely weapons.

frozendragon
          Participant

how about some shoes? πŸ˜† XD

Ultimate unlikely weapon.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Heather
            Participant

Wasn’t there such a thing as a combat yo-yo? I seem to recall reading about one that didn’t necessarily return to the thrower, but it was armed with teeth along its edge. I think it was an ambush weapon.

Other off-the-wall ideas: half-brick in a sock or sock of sand, irritable rooster, large hatpin, vial of concentrated acid, cheese grater (requires a sweeping motion), sharpened ornamental hair comb, umbrella with sharpened ferrule, bag of spiders (for the squeamish) or fire ants (squeamishness doesn’t matter), air horn, sifter of finely powdered cayenne (think primitive pepper spray), milking stool or barstool, garrotte, throwing knives, sickle, scythe, hoe, cultivator (really, any gardening tool will do), broom, mop, can of spray-on cleaner, flingable heavy metal objects i.e. large bolts or nuts or coins, slingshot, dirty diaper, well-trained small child (leg-grabber), tripwire (ambush situation), wooden Frisbee plus or minus teeth around the edge, trash-can lid, box of tacks, rolling pin, butter churn, wagon wheel, horsecollar, long reins, hoofpick, horseshoe, hoof nippers, rasp, hammer, heavy wrench, screwdriver (Phillips or standard), towel soaked in something nasty, bag of marbles or ball bearings (for underfoot), strap-on claws for the knuckles, puffer fish extract.

Hmm. I think I’ve been reading the wrong kind of books. :spank:

Melissa
              Participant

Wow, that’s a lot.

Lessee… a large disgruntled snake (not practical or humane, but a rubber snake with dubbed in hissing may suffice), a hubcap, a fine porcelain vase or other delicate/valuable item (preferably belonging to the arch-villain and held hostage/tossed around during a melee), a leather waterbag (whapped or squirted), a falling chandelier, aaand, that’s all I got for now. :shrug:

Pegasi1978
                Participant

πŸ˜† I laugh every time I come in here and see what everyone else has suggested. Most of what they have said is things I would chime in with.

Patricia
                  Participant

I have to say this thread is great! πŸ˜†

Um…. here are some ideas: (forgive me if someone already mentioned anything I probably didn’t pay enough attention)
                    fire poker (I’m thinking of stuff that might be in a period inn.) candle, lamp, candle-holder, a bag/sack of some sort (maybe with a brick inside), corn on the cob, plate, musical instument like a flute, eating utensils (fork, knife..etc.)
                    A stuffed animal of some sort, fake sword, nerf toy, Star wars lightsaber, spear, fishing pole, hat, bat, club, batleth (sp?), rolled up newspaper, bowling pin, rope, chain, net, chair, lance, flowerpot, painting (wallart of some sort), pitcher (full or empty of liquid πŸ‘Ώ ), pot, belt, box…..

I’ll see if I come up with anymore later. Good luck! Be sure to let us know how it goes!

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

All I say is… vials of concentrated acid hurts….. >.<

Heather
                    Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

All I say is… vials of concentrated acid hurts….. >.<

Yeah, I know–that’s a nasty one. But if they’re staging this, then of course it wouldn’t be the real thing, just a little water and some good acting on the part of the recipient. For period reference, maybe distilled vinegar?

Maria
                      Participant

Will you tell us what you ultimately decide to use, foxfeather? I laugh every time I visit this thread. Zorse’s suggestions are very much to my taste.

WolfenMachine
                        Participant

Melody wrote:

foxfeather wrote:

Okay, a request for assistance! I am Stage Managing a production of ‘The Three Musketeers’ and it was put out to the cast to think of unusual things to use as off hand weapons. and since there are soo many people who are lucky and do or get to go to renfaires I thought I’d ask here too. πŸ˜€

A big rubber fish would be great! Weasels are too small.

When I read the topic title, thats what I was thinking too-not REAL weapons, like Jasmine mentioned.

Jasmine-You’re selling your house? Congrats! Anything to do with the engagement?

Jasmine
                          Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

Melody wrote:

foxfeather wrote:

Okay, a request for assistance! I am Stage Managing a production of ‘The Three Musketeers’ and it was put out to the cast to think of unusual things to use as off hand weapons. and since there are soo many people who are lucky and do or get to go to renfaires I thought I’d ask here too. πŸ˜€

A big rubber fish would be great! Weasels are too small.

When I read the topic title, thats what I was thinking too-not REAL weapons, like Jasmine mentioned.

Jasmine-You’re selling your house? Congrats! Anything to do with the engagement?

No, we’ve been looking for a bigger place for a while now, we’ve kind of outgrown this one. But that’s going to have to wait a little longer now since we’ll have to be saving up for the wedding. I feel bad since I’m going to have to tell our real estate agent that things are going to be pushed back, way back. 😳 😳

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.