fbpx

Unusual weapons

Home Forums Miscellany Community Unusual weapons

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Barrdwing wrote:

Dragon87 wrote:

All I say is… vials of concentrated acid hurts….. >.<

Yeah, I know–that’s a nasty one. But if they’re staging this, then of course it wouldn’t be the real thing, just a little water and some good acting on the part of the recipient. For period reference, maybe distilled vinegar?

Oh I know that… just reliving fun memories from working with a …. ahem …. less then intelligent individual in lab for the last 4 month (Nitric acid, Hydrochloric acid, Sulfuric acid…. all concentrated…. the HCl was the worst… fumes up me nose!)

Heather
    Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

Barrdwing wrote:

Dragon87 wrote:

Yeah, I know–that’s a nasty one. But if they’re staging this, then of course it wouldn’t be the real thing, just a little water and some good acting on the part of the recipient. For period reference, maybe distilled vinegar?

Oh I know that… just reliving fun memories from working with a …. ahem …. less then intelligent individual in lab for the last 4 month (Nitric acid, Hydrochloric acid, Sulfuric acid…. all concentrated…. the HCl was the worst… fumes up me nose!)

I had a late lab in O-chem, 7:30 to 10:30PM. I do not do well in the evenings; I’m sleepy and lose my focus. It was really, really bad for me to be interacting with chemicals at that hour! On one memorable occasion I spilled 18-molar nitric acid on my sock. This was followed by a high-velocity one-legged dance around the room while yanking off shoe and sock and checking my skin (fortunately, no burn). I was wide awake for the rest of that session. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Barrdwing wrote:

Dragon87 wrote:

Barrdwing wrote:

Dragon87 wrote:

I had a late lab in O-chem, 7:30 to 10:30PM. I do not do well in the evenings; I’m sleepy and lose my focus. It was really, really bad for me to be interacting with chemicals at that hour! On one memorable occasion I spilled 18-molar nitric acid on my sock. This was followed by a high-velocity one-legged dance around the room while yanking off shoe and sock and checking my skin (fortunately, no burn). I was wide awake for the rest of that session. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Aww but nitrated skin is fun! Especially if you get near a spark! Nitrated skin + flame = burn. No I don’t know this from experience. Someone who does know from experience told me XD

Heather
      Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

Aww but nitrated skin is fun! Especially if you get near a spark! Nitrated skin + flame = burn. No I don’t know this from experience. Someone who does know from experience told me XD

Really? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Well, then I guess it’s a good thing I didn’t put my feet up on the lab bench next to the Bunsen burner we had going throughout the evening! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Off hand weapons? …hmmm…a bucket of poo, a pissed off cat, a large porkchop, a squirt bottle of vinegar. And I *really* got a kick out of the screaming rubber chicken. My cat jumped like he’d been goosed when I played that youtube clip. ๐Ÿ˜†
        A Christmas Tree Star or Angel. A sofa cushion. (Oh No! Not the comfy chair!…..hehehehe) Oh yeah…it’s time to head off for bed….. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.