fbpx

Two Questions….

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Two Questions….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

I’m saying how would butterfly wings hold a dragon in flight?? I’m sure they stay on the dragon but how woudl a dragon get off the ground with those wings??

Lotsa vitamins! Now I’m picturing this dragon flapping his wings real hard, tongue pulled out in effort…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Melody wrote:

azurielle wrote:

Hi there!
      I am entirely new to the forum, but have been collecting Windstone for years and years. My favorites are the fledgelings, and I think I have one in just about eery color they were made in. So my first question is will there ever be one (or any other than the old warrior) made in silver? Or even other metallic colors…but especially silver? My little Gold fledgeling needs a silver sibling! πŸ™‚

And my second question is have you ever considering making a fairy dragon? A dragon with butterfly wings? I have seen a sketch that you did of one, but have been hoping for all my years collecting that you might make a sculpture of one, as the fairy dragon is my all time favorite mythical creature of all time!

Enjoy your vacation, and thank you so much for all the wonderful dragon and winged cats, and unicorns…and the joy that being able to look at them brings. They are just so realistic I can sometimes almost iagine that they might come alive at any moment!!! πŸ˜€
      first question; yes I will probably make silver fledgleings some day..but I don’t have plans to do it right now. We’ve got enough new colors!
      second question: I worked for awhile on a “Lace wing” dragon which we never produced. She had filligree pewter wings that had a vein pattern of a butterfly or insect, combined with batlike edges. This looked similar to the wings of the butterfly-dragon print we did .. if you remember that one…I thought the wings would be too bendable, and fragile to sell that way, so I never completed the dragon.

Welcome to the forum!… and thank you!
      Awesome. Silver is my second color to sqeak for. And the fairy dragon thing sounds neat. Too bad it wouldn’t work.

Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

I’m saying how would butterfly wings hold a dragon in flight?? I’m sure they stay on the dragon but how woudl a dragon get off the ground with those wings??

Lotsa vitamins! Now I’m picturing this dragon flapping his wings real hard, tongue pulled out in effort…

πŸ˜† That sounds about right. Or a very tinie, tiny dragon the size of a butterfly with butterfly wings. I think in the Windstone Kingdom anything is possible. πŸ˜€

I wonder what the smallest dragon Windstone could make with it out being too fragile.

DarkLadyPhoenix
        Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

dragonmedley wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

πŸ˜† That sounds about right. Or a very tinie, tiny dragon the size of a butterfly with butterfly wings. I think in the Windstone Kingdom anything is possible. πŸ˜€

Actually has anyone seen the old ’80s cartoon movie “Flight of Dragons”?

Dragons ate limestone. When mixed with thier stomach acid, the dragon would fill with helium and they only used thier wings and tail for steering and balance.

There was also an interesting fake (but well put together) documentary the Natl. Geographic did this year. Invloved having dragons use air bladders in the same mannar. Let me go see if I can find the disk to see what the title was.

Rusti
          Participant

I’d be more willing to bet that the limestone and the hydrochloric acid in their stomachs formed some sort of hydrogen compound as opposed to helium. Hydrogen is also lighter than air, and if memory serves, it’s what the Hindenburg was filled with.

Hydrogen is also very flammable/explosive, so when exposed to that little sparking node in the back of the dragon’s mouth, the immediate result was…fire.

Good heavens, getting technical about a cartoon…

Jennifer
            Keymaster

It was hydrogen.
              The ‘node’ in the dragon’s mouth was called Thor’s Thimble.
              The movie was based on Peter Dickinson’s book The Flight of Dragons, and the novel The Dragon and the George by Gordon R. Dickson.

I’m a bit of a fan. πŸ˜‰

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Butterfly wings and Dragons are wrong……. hee hee πŸ˜†

DantheDragon
              Participant

Nambroth wrote:

It was hydrogen.
                The movie was based on Peter Dickinson’s book The Flight of Dragons, and the novel The Dragon and the George by Gordon R. Dickson.

I’m a bit of a fan. πŸ˜‰

Nam beat me to it, lol! I have both books sitting right here… XD

Oh and SILVER!!!

Bob

DarkLadyPhoenix wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

dragonmedley wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Actually has anyone seen the old ’80s cartoon movie “Flight of Dragons”?

Dragons ate limestone. When mixed with thier stomach acid, the dragon would fill with helium and they only used thier wings and tail for steering and balance.

There was also an interesting fake (but well put together) documentary the Natl. Geographic did this year. Invloved having dragons use air bladders in the same mannar. Let me go see if I can find the disk to see what the title was.

I LOVE Flight of the Dragon and have it somewhere but I thought the lime stone was to breathe fire. It’s been a very long time since I have seen it

Bob

Griffiness wrote:

Correct they are way to fragile and with the speed Dragons would fly they would be torn to threads

Anonymous

Nambroth wrote:

It was hydrogen.

I’m a bit of a fan. πŸ˜‰

But.. hydrogen goes POP when you burn it.. oxygen flames up. Didn’t you ever do the little experiment in school where you put 12VDC into a fish tank with the positive wire in one test tube and the negative in the other? The water breaks down under the power and fills one tube with oxygen and the other with hydrogen. You put a match into the hydrogen one and it goes POPOPOPOPOPOOPPOPO πŸ˜†

Snapdragon wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

It was hydrogen.

I’m a bit of a fan. πŸ˜‰

But.. hydrogen goes POP when you burn it.. oxygen flames up. Didn’t you ever do the little experiment in school where you put 12VDC into a fish tank with the positive wire in one test tube and the negative in the other? The water breaks down under the power and fills one tube with oxygen and the other with hydrogen. You put a match into the hydrogen one and it goes POPOPOPOPOPOOPPOPO πŸ˜†
                      I never did that experiment in school.

Dragon Master wrote:

Griffiness wrote:

Correct they are way to fragile and with the speed Dragons would fly they would be torn to threads

Small, handsized dragons with hollow bones like certain birds would do just find with butterfly wings. πŸ™‚ And considering their size, you could extrapolate these were a ‘purposefully bred’ sort of companion dragon (akin to having a lap dragon) that certain wizards might have created and imbrued with mystical energy to allow them to have delicate thin wings for fluttering about decoratively in the homes of those lucky enough to have one as a friend…

Putting limits on dragons is just plain silly… they are whatever they and their creator choose them to be. Magic happens in the oddest ways, and to poo poo a lovely thing like a butterfly winged dragon because it fails to fit your view of it is limiting. πŸ™‚

Enjoy the concept, or ignore it if it is that loathesome to your draconic way of thinking, and if one ever is made, just don’t pick one up if they’re not your mug of tea. πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
                      Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

Snapdragon wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

It was hydrogen.

I’m a bit of a fan. πŸ˜‰

I never did that experiment in school.

No….we never did that in school either. It does sound like something Snap would do πŸ™„

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.