Two Questions….

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Two Questions….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Azurielle
    Participant

Hi there!
      I am entirely new to the forum, but have been collecting Windstone for years and years. My favorites are the fledgelings, and I think I have one in just about eery color they were made in. So my first question is will there ever be one (or any other than the old warrior) made in silver? Or even other metallic colors…but especially silver? My little Gold fledgeling needs a silver sibling! πŸ™‚

And my second question is have you ever considering making a fairy dragon? A dragon with butterfly wings? I have seen a sketch that you did of one, but have been hoping for all my years collecting that you might make a sculpture of one, as the fairy dragon is my all time favorite mythical creature of all time!

Enjoy your vacation, and thank you so much for all the wonderful dragon and winged cats, and unicorns…and the joy that being able to look at them brings. They are just so realistic I can sometimes almost iagine that they might come alive at any moment!!! πŸ˜€

Keeper of the Fledgings

Azurielle
      Participant

Keeper of the Fledgings

Bob

WELCOME WELCOME!!
          I’m not sure how buterfly wings could hold up a dragon. Maybe it’s just me???

Copper83
          Participant

I have several fairy dragons. Thier wings hold up just fine. πŸ˜‰

Bob

I’m saying how would butterfly wings hold a dragon in flight?? I’m sure they stay on the dragon but how would a dragon get off the ground with those wings??

Dragons are fantasy animals. So it doesn’t really matter if they had butterfly wings, feathered wings, or no wings at all. So long as one has the imagination, a dragon made out of rocks, or even custard could fly.

Hey, if my fierce horses can take down gryphons and dragons, then dragons can certainly have butterfly wings!

Maria
              Participant

Welcome, azurielle! Did you manage to snag one of the old green fledglings, too?

Copper83
                Participant

You’re being too literal DM. We’re talking fantasy here. Besides, fairy dragons are tiny little (fantasy) critters. πŸ™‚

WolfenMachine
                  Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

I’m saying how would butterfly wings hold a dragon in flight?? I’m sure they stay on the dragon but how woudl a dragon get off the ground with those wings??

Simple! the answer? REALLY…really big wings πŸ˜‰ Maybe fairy dragons have hollow bones like birds?

Arlla
                    Participant

SIIIIIILLLLLLLVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

*SQUEAK!!!*

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                      -J R R Tolkien

Maria
                      Participant

Q’s looks really funny without U’s behind them. I wonder who invented that rule.

Arlla
                        Participant

XDXDXD I suppose I should edit that…

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                          -J R R Tolkien

Skigod377
                          Participant

πŸ˜† Welcome to the forum! I could go for silver, too. πŸ™‚

Melody
                            Keymaster

azurielle wrote:

Hi there!
                              I am entirely new to the forum, but have been collecting Windstone for years and years. My favorites are the fledgelings, and I think I have one in just about eery color they were made in. So my first question is will there ever be one (or any other than the old warrior) made in silver? Or even other metallic colors…but especially silver? My little Gold fledgeling needs a silver sibling! πŸ™‚

And my second question is have you ever considering making a fairy dragon? A dragon with butterfly wings? I have seen a sketch that you did of one, but have been hoping for all my years collecting that you might make a sculpture of one, as the fairy dragon is my all time favorite mythical creature of all time!

Enjoy your vacation, and thank you so much for all the wonderful dragon and winged cats, and unicorns…and the joy that being able to look at them brings. They are just so realistic I can sometimes almost iagine that they might come alive at any moment!!! πŸ˜€
                              first question; yes I will probably make silver fledgleings some day..but I don’t have plans to do it right now. We’ve got enough new colors!
                              second question: I worked for awhile on a “Lace wing” dragon which we never produced. She had filligree pewter wings that had a vein pattern of a butterfly or insect, combined with batlike edges. This looked similar to the wings of the butterfly-dragon print we did .. if you remember that one…I thought the wings would be too bendable, and fragile to sell that way, so I never completed the dragon.

Welcome to the forum!… and thank you!

SPark
                              Participant

Glee! Now that I have my Violet Flame baby, silver is the next color I’m after for sure.

But I won’t squeak too loud for it yet! *grins*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.