fbpx

"TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

And here Prax will stay! ๐Ÿ˜€

OK…Here is my newest project along with a Ki-Rin I am working on…This is the Guardian Dragon Gargoyle I got from Maplecarver…He was the one on the left in her pic in the trade/swap forum section. I am relatively happy with what I have so far, although my paint mixing is horrendous on this for some reason, so to test waters and check I used the burnt umber…

And here are a couple of where I circled the areas in most dire need of repair and where the major sculpting took place.

I need to go back and do a bit more detailing, but mainly I am impressed for my first try at a major repair. The last complicated one I did was on my Castle of the Merry Ghost. Since these pics I have tried to match it best as I could with the tannish color, but am finding it rather difficult…Hmmmph. ๐Ÿ™„

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Wow! I thought that one was going to be a challenge! The neck around mine wasn’t nearly as damaged as yours is, but the wing was totally destroyed. I can’t believe it! It looks like it was just discolored but, never even damaged! You did an AMAZING JOB!

If you want I can give you my personal *recepie* for the color matched paint I came up with! It doesn’t look like you need my help with the repair though! Wow!

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

lamortefille
        Participant

Wow, indeed! Great job there!

Thanks for the compliments! ๐Ÿ˜€
          Drag0n, I may need that or just the basic colors you used to mix with. I got close, but I seem to be lacking a yellowish tint…I dunno, Scott took me to Blick and I got $150 worth of new paints! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I got some raw sienna, which is a new color for me, and thought perhaps that is what I am lacking.
          I hear ya about the wing! In the last inch of the tip of mine, there is about 4 tiny slivers of the actual gypsum in there. ๐Ÿ™„ Getting it figured out where they went was a challenge, and fill in the gaps was a frustrating situation at first, but then I got smarter. LOL XD

Maria
          Participant

Wowww, WSC, the restoration is about as precise as one could want. Impressive!

Ok, I set aside the Gargoyle for a bit, and the Card Griff…And finally picked up the Ki-Rin for Mmloda’s trade. I was sitting here a couple days ago and WHAM! It finally hit me on how to make him look as natural as I could without copious amounts of purple on him. I looked for amethyst anything on google pics for hours one day, and found one pic that really got me going.

It seems to have a lot less purple than the white. And I noticed alot of crystals have brown still on them. Also, I wasn’t all that fond of the greenish tone of the rock usually surrounding the geodes. But perhaps a bit of that will come out in the end. I painted for over 14 hours today with a teeny tiny brush. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ *cross eyed*
            Anyway, here are some WIP pics I took with my new cell phone. I love my LG’s! LOL

Sorry for the cruddy pics, but for a phone it does almost as good as my camera! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
            Do you like him so far Marzena? He is far from finished though. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mmloda
            Participant

๐Ÿ™‚ Yes I do, I love his mane… ๐Ÿ˜‰ I can’t wait to see him all finished…oh and your Griffin is coming along nicely, once i get a bit more finished on him i will forward you some pics to make sure you like him…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Marzena

LOl I was starting to get nervous, but was more worried about your furbaby. ๐Ÿ™ (I may not always say anything in the threads in community, but I most definately read them. I hope he is having a good day today. And, don’t worry about the Griffin, he is no big rush! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Take care of you and your baby. ๐Ÿ™‚ That is most important! ) I am headed back downstairs to begin another day of painting…

That Ki-rin looks lovely so far, beautiful work! I’m really liking the subtle blending and transitions of purple to white on the mane and tail so far. I definitely look forward to seeing the finished result! ๐Ÿ™‚

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

That kirin is very pretty. I really love how you did the mane and tail ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

Bodine
                Participant

:hi: NICE!! ๐Ÿ˜€ I likey!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Mmloda
                  Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

LOl I was starting to get nervous, but was more worried about your furbaby. ๐Ÿ™ (I may not always say anything in the threads in community, but I most definately read them. I hope he is having a good day today. And, don’t worry about the Griffin, he is no big rush! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Take care of you and your baby. ๐Ÿ™‚ That is most important! ) I am headed back downstairs to begin another day of painting…

Thanks WC, I hope he feels better soon too, he’s still eating so I guess thats a good sign… ๐Ÿ™‚
                    I will let you know when your Griffin is done, i’ll probably email you some pics before I seal him just to make sure you like him… ๐Ÿ˜‰ and don’t want any changes to be made… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Marzena

Melissa
                    Participant

Eeek! Delay in posting. That’s an awesome restoration job! Great to see the fellow in one handsome piece again!

And that’s a cute Kirin too. :yes:

Bodine
                      Participant

Awesome job you do there girl ๐Ÿ˜€

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 538 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.