"TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 538 total)
  • Author

Ok…A bit ahead of schedule…I finished the Ki-Rin. YAY! I had plans for his belly scales, but I loved the color I used with them so much, well, everything I tried just didn’t look right at all. :scratch: (But if you’d like me to do something else to him, let me know!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ )
    So I left them alone. I am gonna try to go get some pictures. If I get some good ones here shortly, I will post them, if not, I will post some tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜€ (A little suspense I know. lol)
    I will also be sitting down to work on the card Griffin too. I would like to complete him before the Griffin and Ki-Rin I ordered get here. And, I am still scared of that darn old Unicorn… ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Ok, here are some shots. Indoor and outdoor…I really like how he turned out! ๐Ÿ˜€

Ugh…Now, I guess I gotta go back and retouch his eye rings…I couldn’t see that they were gnarly looking until I blew up the pics! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Then, he will be done… 8)
    I used goldleaf on his hooves, and eye rings. I used the Dark Brown color from the Woodland Dragon I did for Ski. I used the ark silver from Kujacker’s Ki-Rin. And finally I edged the large scales with pale silver and topped off his haunch scales and nose with some fine interference green by Golden (For that green flash.) :wink:.
    So, he is basically ready for final approval. ๐Ÿ˜€

Maria
    Participant

Flashy little guy, that. His side scales look wonderfully smooth – nice work!

dragonmedley
      Participant

I love the scales!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Stephanie
        Participant

Looks GREAT!

Adaneth
          Participant

Very nice work! ๐Ÿ™‚

Holy….. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

You’ve outdone yourself! He’s MARVELOUS! I love him just the way he is…. (and now I gotta find a griffin box and second box for your griffin… my problem is I have alot of small boxes, and huge boxes. No medium sized boxes. Argh).

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

Loving how that kirin turned out ๐Ÿ˜€ ! Those body scales look awesome ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

Thanks everyone! :hi:
              I am glad you like him that way Dragon! ๐Ÿ˜€ I so love my Griffin! 8)

I am always open to one on one swaps…I have one more Ki-Rin to do for Mmloda. Amethyst, yet natural…I have some awesome pics of Amethyst crystals. I think I can get natural with those. Otherwise, I have an extra blank Griff on the way (I got another with Royal blue eyes and no real plans for him yet…), and that darn first Unicorn to do. And, Grrrr…I am itching to paint a Phoenix! :shout: *Tries to wait patiently*

Anyone interested in a single swap with me, please contact me through PM. I also do commissions. Swaps seem to be the thing though, and I don’t mind, I use the painting to relax and it keeps me sane, so it is worth the just the person’s reaction in the end to spend the time doing something I enjoy. ๐Ÿ™‚

Nicole
              Participant

Wow I love all the detail on the ki-rin. You must have spent a lot of time on him. He’s gorgeous ๐Ÿ™‚

lamortefille
                Participant

Wow, beautiful!!

NicoleH wrote:

Wow I love all the detail on the ki-rin. You must have spent a lot of time on him. He’s gorgeous ๐Ÿ™‚

Not so much on Ki-Rins…Average about 20-30 hours. Griffins and dragons are a whole other story though! Longest time, 65 hours, shortest 30 hours. ๐Ÿ˜•

Thanks Lamort! I really had fun with all the colors of purple I had around here let me tell you! ๐Ÿ˜€

Ok, I have started on the card parts of him. I just don’t know exactly what I want to call him yet. I’m thinking, “Aces”, or “Poker”, or “Black Jack”, but a couple of those actually could be used on other paint schemes about card playing…I don’t know. ๐Ÿ˜• :scratch:
                  But here are a couple updated photos. I still am contemplating what to do with his flights so far…What I had in mind might be complicated enough to keep him on a shelf unfinished until I work myself up to it. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Bright outdoor light.

Indoor indirect light (North window).

Off-side indoor indirect light…(Who’s that in the background!?!?)

Jasmine
                  Participant

Very cool design!!

Bodine
                    Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Ok…A bit ahead of schedule…I finished the Ki-Rin. YAY! I had plans for his belly scales, but I loved the color I used with them so much, well, everything I tried just didn’t look right at all. :scratch: (But if you’d like me to do something else to him, let me know!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ )
                      So I left them alone. I am gonna try to go get some pictures. If I get some good ones here shortly, I will post them, if not, I will post some tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜€ (A little suspense I know. lol)
                      I will also be sitting down to work on the card Griffin too. I would like to complete him before the Griffin and Ki-Rin I ordered get here. And, I am still scared of that darn old Unicorn… ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Ok, here are some shots. Indoor and outdoor…I really like how he turned out! ๐Ÿ˜€

Ugh…Now, I guess I gotta go back and retouch his eye rings…I couldn’t see that they were gnarly looking until I blew up the pics! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Then, he will be done… 8)
                      I used goldleaf on his hooves, and eye rings. I used the Dark Brown color from the Woodland Dragon I did for Ski. I used the ark silver from Kujacker’s Ki-Rin. And finally I edged the large scales with pale silver and topped off his haunch scales and nose with some fine interference green by Golden (For that green flash.) :wink:.
                      So, he is basically ready for final approval. ๐Ÿ˜€
                      I like,I like! ๐Ÿ˜†

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Bodine
                      Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Ok, I have started on the card parts of him. I just don’t know exactly what I want to call him yet. I’m thinking, “Aces”, or “Poker”, or “Black Jack”, but a couple of those actually could be used on other paint schemes about card playing…I don’t know. ๐Ÿ˜• :scratch:
                        But here are a couple updated photos. I still am contemplating what to do with his flights so far…What I had in mind might be complicated enough to keep him on a shelf unfinished until I work myself up to it. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Bright outdoor light.

Indoor indirect light (North window).

Off-side indoor indirect light…(Who’s that in the background!?!?)

Gamblers would love him! :yes: ๐Ÿ˜€ Will you be keeping him or selling one day?

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 538 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.