"TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Hiya, WSC. Don’t flame me for this, but I came back to look at your lovely work and I found I’ve got a tiny itty bitty thing to criticize: Snowflake’s hooves. They draw the viewer’s eye away from the scene and they clash with the gold of her horn. I think that if the gold were toned down a bit, or if the hooves were made a bluish-white shad to match her coat; it might work better as a whole.
      I hope that’s constructive…

Thanks GB. And yes, it is constructive. I was looking at that myself. I tried the blue, but thy faded into the Unicorn so well… I actually thought a bit about some very thin burnt umber over them even… ๐Ÿ˜•

Bodine, this is your call…Would you prefer me do something different with the hooves? :scratch: Or should I leave them the way they are? I still have her paperwork to do, so that is up to you. ๐Ÿ˜‰
      Sorry, I haven’t gotten it done, but I haven’t done anything far away from the couch in a couple days, even including sleep…It’s where O.B. spends most of his time, and I haven’t left his side. I am on watch I guess you could say. The only times I have gotten up off it, and left the room is to either follow him to the litter box, or to the bathroom myself. So far, no pee from him that I have seen. ๐Ÿ™ He is still eating, and still walks around a bit, but that is better than I am. He’s just too old, so I am hoping he makes it until Friday so I can atleast have a shoulder to cry on when Scott gets home (I feel so sorry for Glen he has caught me a couple times weeping, but I’ve been able to get it under control and keep it until he goes to bed for the most part.). He doesn’t seem to be suffering, but if he does, I will call my mom and have her drive us to the vet so that I can do what needs to be done. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ I hate not having my license! ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ™„ :shout:
      mmmm…tough call.I see your point GB and I like the way the yellow comes out in the “lights” from the hooves.I think maybe agreeing about a little umber onher to look like she has a golden shoe.Maybe?…
      Poems,You missed “tropic”.Go back a little further and check out that griffin.
      Ladyfirebird,I still ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

siberakh1
      Participant

Very nice! (had to wait until I could check from home, since I can’t see your pictures from work)

Hee hee… ๐Ÿ˜ณ You guys! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for the wonderful compliments! I am getting a box with PYO’s in it on Monday, so I will be beginning on 3 more and setting Tut aside for a bit. He is no rush, but these guys have places to go and people to see. I will be getting a spare Ki-Rin, that I hope to paint as a Koi-Rin after I finish with what I have going out. ๐Ÿ˜€

Sorry Siber…I know that MySpace is blocked by alot of businesses, but it easiest to post them there because I do get some business from there actually. I have begun using FaceBook a bit for photos too, does that site work for you at work? I can use the photos from there if it isn’t blocked for you. ๐Ÿ˜€

Oh, yeah….And will do on the hooves. ๐Ÿ˜€

Starbreeze
        Participant

I want to know how on earth you managed to paint that tiny little snowman in such detail!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜•

Katherine
          Participant

You do awesome work WSC!

starbreeze wrote:

I want to know how on earth you managed to paint that tiny little snowman in such detail!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜•

He is actually really close up,made of little tiny dots. I couldn’t use markers, so I used a tiny brush. ๐Ÿ™‚ The globes are made up of small blue swishes and then a few darker dots along them. I was pleasantly surprised to see him come out so wonderfully myself!
            Thanks Star! ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks everyone! I have progressed a small amount on TUT as I await the arrival of the others I have coming! I have most of the death mask done, but alot of lines to straighten before I take pics of him. I have to say, there are many more lines to King Tut’s mask than the painted figures of Anubis. I sat and looked at him for a couple good hours tonight to try and figure out what to do with his wings. I can’t wait to get to the necklace with all the colors in it. There appears to be Turquoise, and Garnet in most of the pictures I have been able to google up of the actual original mask. I am actually tossing the idea around of buying some apoxy sculpt to make the snake and vulture(?) on the head dress. If not, I have another lovely Scarab of some type of greenish stone, which might actually be a Turquoise of some sort. 8)
            Tomorrow, I will be doing my best to get to the Umber paint and take care of NLS and get back to straightening out lines so I can post pics of TUT before I move along and set him aside for a while.

Next up: “Oakland Raiders” Griffin (complete with team logos.). “Pr0n” the bug Griffin (Diactor Bilinatus is the name of the bug.). A wolf in blotch style Army camo. A wolf painted as a Holstein Cow. Last but not least, a Koi-Rin in Platinum Ogon Ghost style (Not destined to go anywhere yet.).

Bodine
            Participant

You have a lot on your plate there girlie…..have fun ๐Ÿ˜€
              I can’t wait to see NLS up close and in person.
              WC,I will be shipping Monday.

bodine6127 wrote:

You have a lot on your plate there girlie…..have fun ๐Ÿ˜€
              I can’t wait to see NLS up close and in person.
              WC,I will be shipping Monday.

Oh….*Jiggly jiggly jiggly* I’ll be keeping an eye out then. Then I can get started on the Keeper too! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Oh yeah, I have alot on my plate, but it’s all relative. If I have a lock-up on one, I can work on another for a couple days and that way maybe something will come to me while I am on one of the others. I got a lock-up last night on what to do with TUT’s wings. I have tiny 2-3mm German Lapis cabs for him. I bought a lot of 50 from valclaws on ebay. I just love her stones! I haven’t gotten a pack I haven’t been impressed with, and she’s a sweetheart to deal with! Her prices seem pretty fair to me too. ๐Ÿ˜€
              Jacki, I am ordering a couple different pairs of specialty eyes for the Keeper, and I will let you choose which eyes you like best when they get here. ๐Ÿ™‚
              Cat, I am ordering special eyes for your Griff, I figure a Griff like that deserves something to “set” him off well! ๐Ÿ˜€
              Oh, and Serenity, I am also ordering a special type of eye for your Griffin. ๐Ÿ˜‰
              I am still waiting on the first wolf to get here…Perhaps I should send another reminder to see if she forgot again… ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
              I am hoping to get NLS sent off by the middle of next week. 8)

jackid55
              Participant

Jacki, I am ordering a couple different pairs of specialty eyes for the Keeper, and I will let you choose which eyes you like best when they get here. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sweet! I can’t wait! ๐Ÿ˜€

jackid55 wrote:

Sweet! I can’t wait! ๐Ÿ˜€
                OMG! I love those knots!!! That will be fun, and challenging, but the finished thing will be rewarding! I promise! ๐Ÿ˜€

jackid55
                Participant

I know you will make it look amazing!

Bodine
                  Participant

I can’t wait to see either.I know it will be so very kewl… ๐Ÿ˜€

megamibabe16
                    Participant

Wow, you’re going to be busy WindstoneCollector. I will enjoy watching the progress of every piece.

machineguts
                      Participant

Ditto that! It sounds amazing!

bodine6127 wrote:

I can’t wait to see either.I know it will be so very kewl… ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 538 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.