fbpx

"TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 526 through 538 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

He’s looking freaking awesome so far 8) . I can’t get over how you can paint lines on a non-flat surface, but still keep the looking straight ๐Ÿ˜ฎ .

purpleturtle wrote:

He’s looking freaking awesome so far 8) . I can’t get over how you can paint lines on a non-flat surface, but still keep the looking straight ๐Ÿ˜ฎ .

It takes alot of patience and a few of my best curse words usually. ๐Ÿ˜†

The eyes, are not painted in, those are factory red glass eyes from WE. I plan on some sepia toned (Dark brown) irises made to look like human irises. ๐Ÿ™‚ Originally, his eyes were going to be red like the ones I used in Anubis, but…The ones in the actual mask are a dark dark brown from the photos I have of it. I am gong for a replication to as close as I can. I am gong to invest in some apoxy sculpt, I plan to use it to make the actual snake and vulture(?) at the top. I was going to use another Scarab on his head like Anubis’s, but I changed my mind. If for some reason I cannot sculpt it the way I want, he may end up with the Scarab after all. ๐Ÿ˜•

Thank you all for watching the progress of my PYO’s and for the many wonderful compliments you all share with me! ๐Ÿ˜€ I look forward to adding many more to my gallery as time passes. My list is ever-growing, and I am loving it! I should be started in on the others by Monday, and hope to have a few pics to share within a few days of starting. ๐Ÿ˜€

NirvanaCat13
      Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

Eleu wrote:

OMG I love him already! I couldn’t do fantastic lines like that if my life depended on it! ๐Ÿ˜†

I’m with you on that Eleu! ๐Ÿ˜†

And she says they’re crooked. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜†

Fantastic work so far, you always paint the coolest schemes I tells ya!

Uhhh ya, I third this….I must need glasses because those are some of the smoothest parallel lines I’ve ever seen. O.o Awesome work as always!

Starbreeze
        Participant

Tut is out of this world!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Maria
          Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

purpleturtle wrote:

It takes alot of patience and a few of my best curse words usually. ๐Ÿ˜†

Every great artist has a method… ๐Ÿ˜† Done any more on him, WSC?

Bodine
            Participant

Yes!Pics please?
              Waiting every minute for NLS to arrive ๐Ÿ˜€

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

bodine6127 wrote:

Yes!Pics please?

Nothing new on TUT, basecoated the 2 Griffs in black for the next 2, and am working on getting the colors mixed for the other camo wolf. ๐Ÿ˜€

NLS is on her way to you as of today! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bodine
              Participant

bodine6127 wrote:

Yes!Pics please?

Nothing new on TUT, basecoated the 2 Griffs in black for the next 2, and am working on getting the colors mixed for the other camo wolf. ๐Ÿ˜€

YAY!! Unicorns in store ๐Ÿ˜‰

bodine6127 wrote:

bodine6127 wrote:

Yes!Pics please?

YAY!! Unicorns in store ๐Ÿ˜‰
                ๐Ÿ™ I didn’t have enough to get Unicorns…I snagged the last Griffy in there though. I knew my GC to the store would get me that one Griff, but I couldn’t get 2 Uni’s because of the shipping. ๐Ÿ˜•

Starbreeze
                Participant

You’ll get them eventually. In the meantime your eyes can rest from painting all those tiny details on the unicorns. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi Vineyard….I see you in WSC’s avatar! :hi: Hey, wait, I can go say hi to the real Vineyard!! (runs off to admire Vineyard some more) ๐Ÿ˜†

starbreeze wrote:

You’ll get them eventually. In the meantime your eyes can rest from painting all those tiny details on the unicorns. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi Vineyard….I see you in WSC’s avatar! :hi: Hey, wait, I can go say hi to the real Vineyard!! (runs off to admire Vineyard some more) ๐Ÿ˜†
                  Awwww…Shucks. *In her best Goofy impersonation* ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Ok, small update…I have 5 pieces on the table right now. And I believe I will go ahead and create a new thread, and 34 pages is enough for one thread. I have been working on all 5, some are ahead of others in progress, but that is because I have only been working for 2 whole days time scattered about the last 4 days. I’m not talking about 8 hour days though, more like 12 hours. Although yesterday I was able to sit down for about 8 hours total.
                  This afternoon I have to make up 2 batches of Amish Friendship Bread…My other friend is sick with the flu, so I am making hers too. She said to bake it all up, and I think she is nuts! That’s over 200 muffins…I won’t have anywhere to store that many muffins. I am actually betting it would be close to 300. Too many muffins! @.@
                  I will however be posting progress shots of the sculpts I have been working on. I have gotten past base coats on the Raiders Griffin and on the Woodlands Camo wolf, which I have affectionately nick-named “Private Pyle” (His name is unknown so far, and yes, from the movie Full Metal Jacket. ๐Ÿ˜ณ But, I was actually thinking more of R. Lee Ermey than anyone else.). I hope to pick up the Keeper today before I begin my bread baking festivities. So, look for my new thread tonight, with all my updates on what I have been doing. ๐Ÿ˜€

Bodine
                  Participant

starbreeze wrote:

Awwww…Shucks. *In her best Goofy impersonation* ๐Ÿ˜ณ
                    hahahaha…I do the same thing.. XD
                    I have my NLS home ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 13 posts - 526 through 538 (of 538 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.