fbpx

The Wailing Wall

Home Forums Miscellany Community The Wailing Wall

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author

I’m so sorry – *hugs*

Katherine
    Participant

Oh no! I am so sorry. πŸ˜₯

Jennifer wrote:

I had to go and say that. My last grandparent, my grandma on my father’s side, is in the hospital as of yesterday evening…

I can empathize in a way, Jennifer, my last grandparent, who is my grandfather on my mother’s side, is 92 and getting frail….I lost both Grandmothers in a short time and so it’s kinda sad to think that when he is gone I will have no more. But…just remember all those years of the good memories, that’s what helps me!

*hugs to everyone dealing with their own crisis’s* I hope all of you find comfort in the ones you love and love you here, and in your “real” lives.
      Jen, I am sorry to hear about your Grandmother. πŸ™ It’s been 11 years and Christmas is still one of the hardest holidays without my Grandmother. It was more like losing a mom than a grandma. *hugs to you*
      While I suffer from my own issues right now, I wish everyone the best here. πŸ™‚

LadyFirebird
      Participant

Well, I got a call from my best friend here on the forum because she knew I was really, really down. Believe me, I feel better–things are not better but I feel better. I’ll most likely go to that dinner tommorrow with bells on! 😈 I can kill my boss next year–that way I can plan better–how to dispose of body etc. πŸ‘Ώ

Aahh, yes……the body disposal issue. When I get overloaded with husband-induced stress, I look him in the eye and tell him my “favorite words” list.
        That would be (and in this order): Handgun, Chest Freezer, Chainsaw, Woodchipper, Tractor (with front end loader) and Manure Pile.
        When delivered with a totally straight face, this list has been known to make the most die hard whiners sit down, shut up and hold on. I just tick off those words on my fingers in front of him, and repeat as needed, like a mantra. πŸ˜€ Ahh…women with chainsaws: 98% more likely to get what they want. Which in this case would be peace and quiet. πŸ˜‰
        Having been married to the same person for going on 24 years, he’s never quite sure if I’m joking or not. I also remind him that I’m an insomniac, and he has to sleep sometime…. 8)

LadyFirebird
        Participant

I’m up today and just plan on staying cozy in my night clothes and just chill for the day. Pour myself some Baileys on the rocks and harbor no bad thoughts today [yeah, right]. I didn’t exactly cancel Christmas for me and went to the dinner I was invited to. It was very nice, had some good food and good company and was able to leave a decent hour. What I got to thinking later on is that I felt better–things are not better but I felt better. I defeated the ‘Bah Humbug’ demon this time! Didn’t let things get me down to the point of just pulling the covers over my head–which I really wanted to do.

When things get rough it’s a battle to try and pull yourself up and care about things. But when you do, it makes all the difference in the world. Things fell into place and so I’m hoping with what is bothering me and everyone else is that things will finally fall into place. There is always a window open when things back you in a corner. So I really don’t feel like tackling this coming Monday, but it might not be as bad as I might think–there is always the next year!

So I might hit some after Christmas sales tomorrow and if not, just enjoy the day. People around me are starting to see the situation I’m dealing with and they agree–it totally sucks. I’ve got my friends in my corner–I’ve got good backup and I’ve got my friends here. My best friend here called me up and made my day. My boss and their entire family are vacationing in Florida right now–probably having prime rib and steak and exspensive wine while they tell us they can’t afford to have full time office staff. Sucks but I know they aren’t happy as a family–all that money and high living and they aren’t happy. Personally, the situation they put me and my coworker pinches financially, but I’m content with my life. So in a sense I’m richer than they are–so things will work out–karma takes care of everything! πŸ˜€

Uh, Bodine—can I borrow your shotgun?! πŸ˜†

siberakh1
          Participant

Oh no Jennifer! *hugs* to you and your family.

Lady, I got the shovel, if you can get her to lend you the shottie… 😈 I’m sure we could figure out where to dig the hole together. Or bury him to his neck and let loose a bunch of fire ants on him. πŸ‘Ώ

NirvanaCat13
            Participant

La Brea Tar Pits….all I’m gonna say.

Well, that and Louis and I aren’t so very far away and I’ve got a real hankering for playing bloody with my knives….. if you get my meaning πŸ‘Ώ

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

La Brea Tar Pits….all I’m gonna say.

Well, that and Louis and I aren’t so very far away and I’ve got a real hankering for playing bloody with my knives….. if you get my meaning πŸ‘Ώ
              Mmmm…Tag team boss mutilation…Sounds good, but I get to bring a couple of my old bosses along for the ride. πŸ‘Ώ

LadyFirebird
              Participant

Like I said—-I have my friends in my corner! Man, some wicked things suggested πŸ‘Ώ thought I was bad. Love the knives idea, but then he’s getting so fat I’m not sure you’d be able to hit any vital organs–whatever you do, leave the head alone–nothing in it anyway so you can’t get ‘im that way! Checkings my list–shottie, knives, shovel, tar, fire ants, and some good friends helping out–I’m covered!!!!! XD

LadyFirebird wrote:

Like I said—-I have my friends in my corner! Man, some wicked things suggested πŸ‘Ώ thought I was bad. Love the knives idea, but then he’s getting so fat I’m not sure you’d be able to hit any vital organs–whatever you do, leave the head alone–nothing in it anyway so you can’t get ‘im that way! Checkings my list–shottie, knives, shovel, tar, fire ants, and some good friends helping out–I’m covered!!!!! XD

I do also have a sword for the larger men… XD XD

Patricia
                Participant

ahem…AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh! (sorry, I need to take advantage of the the wailing wall)

We have been having a hard time laately. I won’t go into the details but I will share what happend to me this morning if you guys don’t mind…I need to rant a little. Because there is nothing like waking up to find out that some stupid kids have busted in the back window of your car just to be mean. They didn’t take anything or touch hubbys car parked right next to it in the driveway or the car parked in the street. It is highly annoying how much of a brat kids can be these days… πŸ™„ To make it even more fun the window has to be special ordered so it could take a few days to be fixed….and my hubby had to go out of town today for a few days. Gotta love having no car.

Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots!

Thank you…this rant is now concluded. (though please be aware it is likely to resume without any notice.)

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

LadyFirebird
                  Participant

This is what it’s about–those little things that irritate you but seem so small to others. I’d be highly upset too if someone broke the back window of my car!!! So rant away–my issues are far from being cleared but this is a great way to deal with it! We could add those brats in with our stupid bosses! Let the mutilation begin!!!!! πŸ‘Ώ

Keplilly wrote:

ahem…AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh! (sorry, I need to take advantage of the the wailing wall)

We have been having a hard time laately. I won’t go into the details but I will share what happend to me this morning if you guys don’t mind…I need to rant a little. Because there is nothing like waking up to find out that some stupid kids have busted in the back window of your car just to be mean. They didn’t take anything or touch hubbys car parked right next to it in the driveway or the car parked in the street. It is highly annoying how much of a brat kids can be these days… πŸ™„ To make it even more fun the window has to be special ordered so it could take a few days to be fixed….and my hubby had to go out of town today for a few days. Gotta love having no car.

Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots! Bloody idiots!

Thank you…this rant is now concluded. (though please be aware it is likely to resume without any notice.)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.