fbpx

"The Veligent" Kickstarter

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements "The Veligent" Kickstarter

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

To add to etruscan’s explanation… Kickstarter organizers can also add things such as ‘Stretch Goals’ where a specific extra (such as a special 4×5 printed card) could be available to all backers once a monetary goal over/above the original set goal gets ‘unlocked’ and that amount is reached/passed… You see, if the original goal is acquired before the Kickstarter timeframe is completed any additional pledges keep adding up, so a Kickstarter can potentially bring in a good bit more money than the original expectation (Great for Melody!).

Additionally the Kickstarter organizer can opt to have ‘Add on’ items for backers. For example, a Kickstarter could have a Tier where you could receive an eBook, the printed Hardcopy of that book and a pin for a set Tier amount. But if the organizer allows, an individual item could also be allowed as an ‘Add on’ – so in my example above if I back that Reward Tier and the pin is allowed as an ‘Add on’ item for an additional $12, I could potentially opt to pledge the Tier and add on two more pins for an extra $24. Thus receiving the eBook, the Hardback, and three pins for my pledge.

So yes – it could get complicated and you could end up getting multiple pieces depending upon:
      1. The Reward Tier you wish to pledge at and what items are included in that base Tier
      2. Any additional ‘Add on’ items that may be available as options
      3. If there are any ‘Stretch’ goals that are unlocked

A Kickstarter can be straight forward as well with no ‘Add on’ items or Stretch Goals, it doesn’t need to be that complicated. It all depends upon what the Kickstarter organizer wants to do and why Melody’s head is probably spinning – LOL! There IS a Lot to think about and do before a Kickstarter campaign gets launched. I feel for you Melody!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
      Blocked

I haven’t participated in a kickstarter before but I kind of hope there are options or reward levels of just baby and adult poads so if people did want to get more than one that they could and if they want other things like books or pins, they could also buy those in lower reward levels.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Haha– everyone that’s ever been part of running a Kickstarter!! They are always way, way more work than they seem like they should be.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Melody
          Keymaster

I am just now starting the lessons on “rewards”. It is a  big section of the kickstarter class I am taking, so I will eventually get a handle on all of this…I hope!  It does seem like it could get really complicated!

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Hee Hee, wait until you have all those Backer surveys to work through when all the pledging and the campaign is done and the compiling and shipping begins! I backed the Gryphon Pride Kickstarter over a year ago, and trying to remember my asks and Add-ons requests was a feat for me as a Backer when I was filling out my Survey. And that was my first experience in backing a Kickstarter. I can just imagine trying to keep everything straight as the Organizer.

I’m sure you’ll do fine with the shipping help you will hopefully receive from Ms.Susie & Team!

chibishiro12
              Participant

Yep, Melody would probably want to use backerkit for her Kickstarter to keep track of addons.

Looking for-
                red fire young dragon
                old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

Melody
                Keymaster

Yes, backerkit is strongly recommended!

I don’t get it though, doesn’t kickstarter itself keep track of what people pledge for? Why is it up to you to send a survey, and the backers  to remember? I have been getting surveys from things I have backed MONTHS, sometimes YEARS  ago… I usually can’t even remember  what the thing was about, let alone what ad-ons  I had!

I will learn all this stuff in the kickstarter class, but it sure seems weird to  me.

Melody
                  Keymaster

I am realizing that this whole project is WAY more work that it is worth!!

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Oh don’t say that! It will be worth it once the Kickstarter is up and running and you get 2000% funded! 😉

Besides, you don’t have to do a lot of Add-ons or Stretch Goals and can keep it simple with just the Reward Tier structure that you decide upon. Those don’t need to be massive or a large number either. I’ve seen Kickstarter campaigns with as little as three Reward Tiers period – no additional things…

I am trying to keep it simple! Making up rewards is the really fun part. One could get carried away!

Melody
                      Keymaster

I am trying to keep it simple! Making up rewards is the really fun part. One could get carried away!

etruscan
                        Participant

Melody has been reworking the cover to make it more dramatic:

Current version

etruscan
                          Participant

For reference, this was the original cover design:

etruscan
                            Participant

Both images are from Melody’s deviantArt gallery.  She also has been posting drawings for the Zooly challenge and some of the recent ones have been skulls (gorilla, coatimudi, wolverine, beaver).  She says, “There certainly are a lot of teeth in my gallery lately!”

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

OOOOOooooooo! I LOVE the New Cover! Spotlight on the Hero and his Sidekick, and Demon Wolfie will bring them in! I’ve always loved the Drama a silhouette produces.

Suzanne-Marie
                                Participant

Luv luv both covers but am so thrilled with the new cover of Prince Kade and Lady Podgerell on his shoulder and also …with Sir Garlen too !!

Any idea when the Sir Garlen sculpture will be released ??

I for sure want one !!

Big Warm Hugs !!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 241 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.