fbpx

"The Veligent" Kickstarter

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements "The Veligent" Kickstarter

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

I’ll try! I may not make it by the Easter date, exactly, but sometime in April!

Melody
      Keymaster

I made a facebook page for it, but is seems so … pushy. Not my style.: https://www.facebook.com/TheVeligent/

etruscan
        Participant

On the other hand, you can’t stay under the nettuce if you want to sell lots of books! I think your page is cute and not pushy, and it will be another useful reference for your fans as the project progresses.

etruscan
          Participant

For those who may not have seen this on the “Reptangle” Facebook page:

[posted on April 6] I just ordered a proof of this small black and white sketchbook to see how it looks. This will be for one of the (inexpensive) reward tiers for Kickstarter. This thing was a real pain to get going, but now that I know how to do it, maybe the perpetually put -off COA book won’t be such an ordeal…always optimistic!

[posted on April 5] Getting “The Veligent” sketchbook together. I’ll prob’ly use a Print-on-demand place for this one. Black and white stuff isn’t as horrendously expensive as full color digital printing is.

[posted on April 3] I think what I will do is have the sketch book be black and white images, and stick the extra color sketches and art in the back of the comic itself. It seems most comics have lots of extra stuff in the back.
            Won’t add that much to the book cost, and the black and white printed sketch book can be nice and cheap to print so that I can offer some inexpensive perks.

Unused detail of a balcony. Pen and ink

Gastroc the winged bull . Pen and ink. A pretty old drawing!

[posted March 17] Some more sketches that I will include in the sketchbook.
            image © Melody Pena

[posted March 15] I will probably print a small sketchbook of backgrounds, characters and concept stuff that I used,( or didn’t use!). Here’s a page of random Poad ™ sketches I gathered together.
            Image is © Melody Pena

Suzanne-Marie
            Participant

OMGosh these are totally awesome, detailed,incredible, beautiful !!
              Luv, luv, luv them !!
              Please sign me up !!
              Warm Hugs!!

Kim
              Blocked

I love the sketches! So cute!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
                Participant

I’ve been trolling Kickstarter… So many neat things and ideas to back! I found a few I was interested in.

Any updates as to when ‘The Veligent’ Kickstarter might begin? I’ve been steadily squirreling away funds…And trying not to go ‘nuts’ with anticipation! 😉

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
                  Participant

Are you Scrat?…..hahahahahajust foolin

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

YES! Where’s that Veligent Acorn!

Kim
                      Blocked

I have been wondering about the kickstarter too if it’s close to going ahead and also when the pegasus might come out?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Melody
                        Keymaster

I haven’t set a start date. I’ve still got a list of tasks that need to be completed before I launch the kickstarter. I’m chipping away on that list just about every minute that I’m not I’m not working on Windstone stuff.
                          I need a proof of the book, and then I need to make a video of some kind…among other things. Getting there, slowly.

etruscan
                          Participant

Is a video really necessary? I’m quite sure that I have seen successful kickstarter campaigns without a video. On the other hand, since I keep the sound on my computer off I ignore the videos anyway!

Other opinions on the value of a video?

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

So how’s the Kickstarter coming? Any new info or ETA on a launch?

I agree with etruscan – I’m not sure a video is necessary. But if you would like to do one perhaps showing a montage of some of The Veligent’s pages and some clips you already have of the Fish Fin Adults and the Poad sets (among others for the rewards), while a voice over of why it’s been a dream of yours to bring ‘The Veligent’ to “life” runs in the background, might make a nice video.

Bodine
                              Participant

I saw the “Podge”magnet or pin and I have to have one of those.Soooo adorable.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Mercury Star
                                Participant

I picked a good time to log back in! I don’t have much fun money any more, but I will have to try and participate when the Kickstarter is launched!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 241 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.