"The Veligent" Kickstarter

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements "The Veligent" Kickstarter

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    Mercury Star
    Participant

This is getting so exciting, loving what I see right now… just hope I am not broke when the Kickstarter is finally a go!

Melody
      Keymaster

Well, like most things, this project has turned out to be much more daunting than I thought it would be. I have signed up for a online “crowdfunding class” to get through all the stuff you are supposed to do before you launch! I am now hoping to get this kickstarter going sometime in  June… *edit!* More like August  if I want to complete this class first! That’s how long it runs. Sheesh! Wonder if I can skip ahead…I didn’t plan to wait so long to get it launched!

Ela_Hara
        Participant

HeeHee! Yeah, I bet there is a lot to keep your head spinning!
          I took a break in saving and got two GB Hatching Pegs using funds that I had earmarked for the Kickstarter. I need to recoup and start saving some again… So, I don’t feel bad being patient a little longer…

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
          Blocked

Yeah I did the same thing as Ela_Hara so need to save up a bit more money for the kickstarter myself so no rush!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Melody
            Keymaster

Seriously , plenty of time! This is a project that may wait ’till fall.

Suzanne-Marie
              Participant

Since I plan to spend some serious  $$$$$ that will give me more time to save !!!

So that is very good news; yes indee-dee !!!

Mercury Star
                Participant

Fine with me, too, my funds are so tight right now.  I plan on getting a second job here soon (and hoping the potential impending shut-down of my current job doesn’t happen), in the hopes that I can set the small paycheck from it aside to save up for fun money.

Melody
                  Keymaster

I think I am now aiming for end of summer. Who knew this would be so complicated?

Melody
                    Keymaster

I was pretty overwhelmed by the  number of preparatory steps necessary to have a successful kickstarter,  so I’ve signed up for an online class about how to do a kickstarter campaign. I am going through all the pre-launch exercises and assignments one by one. This class will take another couple months to get through, so I am thinking the kickstarter will launch … end of August?

If anyone is not yet on my The Veligent kickstarter email list , and would like to be, send me an email with “Kickstarter” in the subject line to: reptangle@gmail. com

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

With August fast approaching (Hey! Don’t laugh at me! It’ll be here sooner than you think!) any news on how things are coming for the kickstarter?

Is the end of August still a possibility for the launch, or do you believe it might be later – or sooner perhaps? 😀

Melody
                        Keymaster

Ha ha ha! Oy,  glad you asked. I don’t know. I was going through this kickstarter class at a steady pace, until I got stuck on an assignment,  then got stuck on another one… then another …maybe I’ll write about this in the next kickstarter newsletter .

Right now I am stuck because it was pointed out that the cover design for my book could be better, and the type font I used was old fashioned. I am in a class with real pros so I take their comments  seriously, and I have redone the cover to make it more interesting. Maybe that’s what I will put in the newsletter! Get some feedback!

So to answer your question, I was hopping to get this KS campaign going by end of August but I probably won’t make it! We shall see.

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

Hee Hee! Well OK Then! More time to gather funds… so perhaps I can slip in the next Grab Bag… if my space allocations allow 🙂

Seriously though – go at your pace and be happy with your product. I’m sure we can wait for it and I’m sure it will be Awesome!

Kelsey
                            Participant

I’m really looking forward to these fishy poads. But financially I can wait. Especially with grab bag fantasy wolves coming out. 🙂

Can anyone tell me how Kickstarter works? Will people be able to get more than one poad each? Or will it be like any grab bag with the one per person limit?

etruscan
                              Participant

Based on my limited experience with Kickstarters I think you probably will be able to get more than one Poad but it gets expensive in a hurry, and you likely would be getting multiples of things you don’t really want to have in quantity.

The Kickstarters I have seen have a number of “Reward Tiers”, and each tier costs a certain amount.  The tiers tend to build on each other. So, as an example, a $400 pledge might get you a copy of the Veligent (the first reward tier, maybe a $50 pledge), plus a copy of the sketchbook (Veligent + sketchbook = second reward tier for a $100 pledge), plus 4 magnets (Veligent + sketchbook + magnets = third reward tier for a $150 pledge) plus an Adult Poad added for the fourth reward tier.  The next tier might be $500 and you would get the Veligent, the sketchbook, 4 magnets, an Adult Poad, and a baby Poad.

You normally can buy more than one level, or choose to buy multiples of a certain level.  It is possible that Melody might limit the upper tiers – especially if it involves something like drawing sketches inside the book cover.  Having only 25 top level tiers available, or whatever, limits the amount of special stuff she would have to do!

Kelsey
                                Participant

Cool, thanks for the info. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 241 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.