fbpx

The Trip

Home Forums Miscellany Community The Trip

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author

I’m happy you got to meet who you were hoping to! ๐Ÿ™‚

siberakh1
    Participant

Wow! Sounds like an awesome night with Wyland! That’s fantastic! I’m glad we could help make it possible! A former neighbor of mine was good friends with Jay Leno. Jay would drop by and they’d go out for lunch when he was in the area every so often. I never met him, but I was told he really is just a regular guy who loves his cars! 8)

wolflodge100
      Participant

I’m glad you are having a great trip! I wish I could get down to meet you while your here.

WolfenMachine
        Participant

WOW, DDVM, that’s so amazing you’re getting to see all these things. I never had much of a desire to go to the Grand Canyon, but now I’m thinking I should make a trip there sometime.
          Cirque du Soleil, I’m so jealous!
          And….who is Wyland?

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

Ok, sooo…I get to post an update for DDVM since she is going to be on the train for a couple days going home and without internet.

So, yesterday, Pam (DDVM), Sue (her friend from Hawaii), Louis and I, all met up at Disneyland for a day of fun and merriment at the Happiest Place on Earth! They had already gotten there and rented Pam one of those electric scooter chair things, so she would actually last the whole day and be able to breathe. It was quite amusing getting around with that thing, and Pam tried to take out some of the infrastructure at Space Mountain and the kiddie rides at Fantasy land! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† We all got quite a crack up.

All and all it was a WONDERFUL day! Everyone had fun, we went on all the good rides (got to go to the front of the lines because of the chair!) We probably spent a good 10 hours in the park, running little kids over, swapping stories, and running amuk. Afterwards, we went to dinner at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Cafe, had some great food and talked about life, Windstones and other miscellaneous stuff. Finally Louis and I put them on the tram to the parking structure about 9pm ish with a big bag of home made chocolate chip cookies. I think they made it back to the hotel just before the rain started in. The forecast said it was supposed to rain all day, but it stayed clear and pretty much sunny all day, a blessing for that!

I must say, Pam, and Sue, are some of the sweetest people in the world, and we feel so very blessed to have been able to spend the day with them and add some very happy memories to our life’s albums.

We DID get pictures, but Sue and Pam had the cameras, so you’ll all have to wait until they get home to see them =P.

Much love,
            ~Cat and Louis

NirvanaCat13
            Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

And….who is Wyland?

Home

Didn’t that guy do alot of art pics for puzzles years back? I could swear he sounds so familiar. I had a bunch of sealion, snow leopard and lion puzzles that had moons and htings with them…For some reason I am putting that guy with those puzzles.
              I am sooo glad you all are having a wonderful time!

Lokie
              Participant

Thanks for the update; I love hearing everyone had a great time ๐Ÿ˜€ I look forward to the photos ๐Ÿ™‚ And I hope DDVM has a wonderful trip back.

ddvm wrote:

The Tonight Show was great! I was in the second row by the band so I had a great view. Jay Leno is really mellow and personable – he seems like a regular guy. He didn’t seem to like being made up. And Betty White was on in the first segment – I love her! She got a standing ovation. The only bad thing was my friend, Sue, was back at the hotel with food poisoning. It’ll be awhile before she orders shrimp alfredo or goes to the Rainforest Cafe.

And for the best news – I MET WYLAND! We got to Santa Monica and went to the dinner. He walked into the room and came right over to me! I got to chat with him for a couple of minutes. And then he came back later to take a picture. Sue has the picture on her camera – and we lost the connector to the computer on the trip. But once she gets home she should be able to send me the picture so I can post it. I also met and got a picture with Jane Seymour.

It was one of the best nights of my life. Thanks again to everyone who helped make it possible! You guys are the best!

that’s great im glad you got to meet him and have some pictures too . sounds like your having a hell of a time . Have fun on the rest of your trip

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Ok, sooo…I get to post an update for DDVM since she is going to be on the train for a couple days going home and without internet.

So, yesterday, Pam (DDVM), Sue (her friend from Hawaii), Louis and I, all met up at Disneyland for a day of fun and merriment at the Happiest Place on Earth! They had already gotten there and rented Pam one of those electric scooter chair things, so she would actually last the whole day and be able to breathe. It was quite amusing getting around with that thing, and Pam tried to take out some of the infrastructure at Space Mountain and the kiddie rides at Fantasy land! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† We all got quite a crack up.

thats awesome i did the same thing at the Wal-Mart taking out racks of kids clothes LOL . She needs a spiked bumper and pirate flag on that thing

Rusti
                Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Didn’t that guy do alot of art pics for puzzles years back? I could swear he sounds so familiar. I had a bunch of sealion, snow leopard and lion puzzles that had moons and htings with them…For some reason I am putting that guy with those puzzles.
                  I am sooo glad you all are having a wonderful time!

You’re probably thinking of this fellow: http://schimmelsmith.com/

Starbreeze
                  Participant

DDVM, I’m glad you’re having such a great time!!! Meeting Wyland is so cool!!! 8)

Bob

Was it Michael Whelan the Fantasy Artist that I have so many dragons from??

Maria
                      Participant

Thank you for the update, Cat. It’s great of you to do that with Pam and Sue. Sounds like you’re having a great time, DDVM.

Well, I’m home! The trip was great but the end was really tiring. I loved the train – watching beautiful, snowy scenery go by without having to worry about driving in it! My sister and I were really lucky – we took the southern northern train route (if that makes sense) so although there was snow the delays were minimal. The northern northern train was really delayed – I think at least 12 hours.
                        BUT it turns out I don’t sleep well on trains and the last day we had to leave one train on 5 AM and wait for the next train until 7 and then sit up all day in coach. So by the time I got home I was beyond exhausted and spent most of Friday in bed trying to recover. I’m still pretty tired – basically I spent today in bed too.

Sue and I had a GREAT time with Cat and Louis in Disneyland. They are tour guides without compare! After Louis realized I had a small problem with steering the electric wheel chair (hey, NJ driver here!) he walked ahead to protect the crowd! Actually he was clearing a path – a lot of people don’t pay any attention to the EWCs. The rides were really fun and we even got to see live raindeer! Sue and I both agreed it was one of the best days of the entire trip – and, Cat, the cookies were great! Marianne, my sister, and I munched the ones that Sue didn’t scarf down on the train. They were awesome!

I have pictures that I’ll try to post over the next few days. Sue has the ones with Wyland, however, and she needs to get a new connector to the computer for the camera – we lost hers somewhere in the Shenandoah Vally. We brought a stuffed Santa Mouse with us and have photos of him all across the country – and he even went where no mouse has gone before! It’s my favorite picture – I’ll definitely have to post that one.

Oh, and my dragon arrived! I went into work yesterday and there he was. He’s really gorgeous! I drooled over him for half an hour until I could bring myself to put him back in his box.

And DM, Wyland is a marine artist. He paints mostly whales, dolphins, turtles, fish, etc although he’s done a few manatees, penguins, seals. He just completed his 100th whaling wall at the start of the Bejing Olympics to increase people’s awareness of the ocean. The dinner was to benefit his foundation which has many programs to educate the youth of the world about the need for clean water and stopping the pollution of the oceans. You would probably recognize his work if you saw it – alot of it has been made into puzzles, bathroom accessories, etc.

Now it’s back to the real world – I have chemo all day tomorrow. But the good news is a friend I haven’t seen in a couple of years is going to stop by in the morning and then my best friend is coming to pick me up and hang out for a few hours. So it’s all good.

Thanks again for making the trip possible – I have so many memories to cherish, especially meeting Cat and Louis.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.