fbpx

The corniest joke in the world

Home Forums Miscellany Community The corniest joke in the world

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    frozendragon
    Participant

as long as they don’t bill me for it again….I mark everything gift too…

but somehow that doesn’t matter…

but it’s like you know you’ll have to pay something why just never pay?

and yeah it sucks that someone here did it…but that’s cool it’s paid and done….

it just kind of ruins it for those that do pay for their stuff…

I’d love to know, just how they got the package without paying the customs. I’ve never just been handed a package that I do owe on. It’s always sign here and hand over the money. (Yes they will hold it ransom. At least with regular post, they’ll hold it for 14 days. Unlike UPS that demands the money “NOW”.)

yea, same here. Though after always paying my customs beforehand, they now send me a invoice after they send the package to me. Though this has taken a few years, I am a ebay junkie too ๐Ÿ˜›

Megan
      Participant

Hmmm… now I’m wondering. Maybe the US doesn’t mess with customs fees on smaller things like the packages I got? I know when the family went to Italy last summer we had to pay a little at airport customs for the little souvenirs and things we brought back, but it was nothing over the top ๐Ÿ˜•

I’m sorry so many of you guys have to pay so much more for your Windstones! Wait, I know. Somebody just has to invent the Windstone Teleporter and voila! No more customs fees 8)

Now that would be cool ๐Ÿ™‚

Bob

Can someone drive over the border with them as Gifts?? How would that work??

Jasmine
          Participant

Depends…My dad is a customs officer so it depends on if they feel like working or not. If they ask if you’ve got something to declare, you’re allowed up to a certain amount, something like $200 for a 24 hour stay (I can’t find it on the Canada customs site). So they might let you go but they can also send you to the office to have your car searched. If they don’t find them, cool but if they do find them and you’ve told them that you had nothing to declare…you could be s@@t out of luck. And if they do find them, you had better have receipts. Otherwise, they can and probably will fine you and depending on how much you’re bringing in…impound your car and you get to spend the night in jail.

Of course, sometimes they get lazy and just send you back over the border…

frozendragon
            Participant

Romeodanny wrote:

I’d love to know, just how they got the package without paying the customs. I’ve never just been handed a package that I do owe on. It’s always sign here and hand over the money. (Yes they will hold it ransom. At least with regular post, they’ll hold it for 14 days. Unlike UPS that demands the money “NOW”.)

yeah I’d like to know too…apparently they were billed after it was delivered…I guess Fedex trusts people like that…..or maybe they did it because I have a Fedex account….

either way they billed the person 3 times….over several months….and when they never paid….they billed me…..

blah

and since I have an account I had to pay because I need to use that account all the time…..

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.